Barbers Hill 72 Port Neches-Groves 65/FINAL

WOSgrad

1 hour ago, Hoopster-007 said:

OneChance, you may very well be right. However, in my opinion, if she is to have a bright future and play at a big time Div 1 college, BH is not the place for her.

Interesting! 😂 BH coach just coach Mackenzie Green at Manvel for four years, she is now at TAMU and she is almost identical player to Carter. No matter what High School she attends it will not matter, it is all about where she plays AAU and how she performs at the BIG 4 tourney’s she attends. College coaches do not recruit because of HS play.

If you had said Carter needs to go somewhere else to win a State Championship, I would be in more of an agreement with you.

3 hours ago, OneChance said:

Interesting! 😂 BH coach just coach Mackenzie Green at Manvel for four years, she is now at TAMU and she is almost identical player to Carter. No matter what High School she attends it will not matter, it is all about where she plays AAU and how she performs at the BIG 4 tourney’s she attends. College coaches do not recruit because of HS play.

If you had said Carter needs to go somewhere else to win a State Championship, I would be in more of an agreement with you.

Agreed....maybe a state championship as I see no big girls coming up thru the ranks but she will have the pick of the litter of where to go to school regardless of where she goes to high school. 

Maybe Hoopster can expand on their comments? 

28 minutes ago, bljnhjs19 said:

If you can’t figure that out....I can’t help you. Guess I was just saying that a player can play at BH and still play at a big time D-1 school....because it’s already been done

Apologies. I couldn't figure it out. If you were speaking rhetorically, I would have remained silent and respective of "your opinion." If you were questioning "my opinion," I would refer you back to "my opinion" and point out that "my opinion" specifically relates to one particular player.

As for the player playing at Texas, you are absolutely correct. She was offered when she was at "Crosby Middle School." Nevertheless, I do not disagree with you, i.e., a player can play at BH and still play at a big time D-1 school. I never said otherwise. I'm not sure what you consider "big time," but I've been around long enough to know a few other BH players that played D-1. Having said all that, I stand by "my opinion" relative to the particular player.

I think that Carter will be just fine where she is.  BH made a very good hire with Coach Harris.  Coach Harris has a State Championship with Manvel and has coached quite a few D-1 players including All-American and Notre Dame standout Brianna Turner.  Coach Harris has obviously given Carter the keys to the team and after the way he coached Makenzie Green for 4 years, I would definitely say that he knows what he is doing.  I see a lot of similarities between Carter and Green and Coach Harris in my opinion is coaching them the same, I would say tho that he has given more freedom to Carter then he did Green when she was a freshman.  Carter being at BH will help her in a lot of ways and prepare her for the big stage that she will play on in college namely in teaching her how to lead a team.  Now of course she will definitely need some help but BH always comes up with something lol. 

9 hours ago, $$Buckets$$ said:

I think that Carter will be just fine where she is.  BH made a very good hire with Coach Harris.  Coach Harris has a State Championship with Manvel and has coached quite a few D-1 players including All-American and Notre Dame standout Brianna Turner.  Coach Harris has obviously given Carter the keys to the team and after the way he coached Makenzie Green for 4 years, I would definitely say that he knows what he is doing.  I see a lot of similarities between Carter and Green and Coach Harris in my opinion is coaching them the same, I would say tho that he has given more freedom to Carter then he did Green when she was a freshman.  Carter being at BH will help her in a lot of ways and prepare her for the big stage that she will play on in college namely in teaching her how to lead a team.  Now of course she will definitely need some help but BH always comes up with something lol. 

Your logical reasoning is Interesting. Particularly, without chatting with Carter or her parents.

Let's remove Coach Harris, however, maintain your logical reasoning. What if I coached Karima Christmas-Kelly (Duke University) who is currently with Minnesota Lynx? What if I coached quite a few D-1 players, such as Kelli Griffin (Baylor),  Lauren Flores (UT), Damitria Buchanan (A&M), Tia Jackson (Tulane), Jasmyne Watson (Missouri State), Shaye Montgomery (A&M Corpus), Whitney Smith (Sam Houston), Nia Torru (Incarnate Word), Tamara Torru (North Texas), Deltrice Daniel (A&M Commerce), Sandra Maldonado (A&M Kingsville), Audri Garcia (Harding University), Taujhnae Travis (Oklahoma Baptist), and others?? At least 5 of the above played point guard. What if I have championship trophies that fill a room? So, am I automatically "qualified?"

13 hours ago, Hoopster-007 said:

Your logical reasoning is Interesting. Particularly, without chatting with Carter or her parents.

Let's remove Coach Harris, however, maintain your logical reasoning. What if I coached Karima Christmas-Kelly (Duke University) who is currently with Minnesota Lynx? What if I coached quite a few D-1 players, such as Kelli Griffin (Baylor),  Lauren Flores (UT), Damitria Buchanan (A&M), Tia Jackson (Tulane), Jasmyne Watson (Missouri State), Shaye Montgomery (A&M Corpus), Whitney Smith (Sam Houston), Nia Torru (Incarnate Word), Tamara Torru (North Texas), Deltrice Daniel (A&M Commerce), Sandra Maldonado (A&M Kingsville), Audri Garcia (Harding University), Taujhnae Travis (Oklahoma Baptist), and others?? At least 5 of the above played point guard. What if I have championship trophies that fill a room? So, am I automatically "qualified?"

X and O wise you may not be "qualified" but imo you are "qualified" to deal with alpha players unless you are the type of coach where you allow your top player to do anything they want and you say nothing lol.  I dont know about anything that goes on behind the scenes but BH is a good situation for a player of that magnitude.  BH has a winning culture.  But lets be honest tho, all of the extras whether it be positive or negative comes with the territory of high school athletics.  Carter is the type of player that it doesnt matter where she goes to school at, 1A to 6A, if she stays healthy her parents WONT be having to pay for college and isnt that the goal?  She plays on a big platform during the summer playing on a circuit team and this is where she is being evaluated. 

• 11 months later...
On 2/19/2020 at 7:13 PM, Hoopster-007 said:

Interesting 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 11:02 PM, OneChance said:

You went digging, lol.

But, I guess John Slomcheck at Lutheran High North is a hell of a PG coach!

You would think but after watching that video of Legacy vs Lutheran that Josh Lamb broadcasted and watching the coaches "coaching".   I'm thinking @$$Buckets$$hit the nail on the head with a coach that allows you to do whatever you want.