12-5A-II Smack Talk thread

Cougtalk

Also: i think it'll be a really close game at The Rez, very interested in seeing Png's explosive offense go up against what should be a more experienced Memorial defense. 

Whatever the outcome it'll get us ready for the very next week versus BH, who is very similar to Png. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Also: i think it'll be a really close game at The Rez, very interested in seeing Png's explosive offense go up against what should be a more experienced Memorial defense. 

Whatever the outcome it'll get us ready for the very next week versus BH, who is very similar to Png. 

I dont know what PNG has coming back to support thier QB, but he played very well against BH last year. If it wasn't for a late 4th quarter pick PNG would still be undefeated against the Eagles.   All three (BH, Crosby & PNG) will be tough outs this year.

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

I dont know what PNG has coming back to support thier QB, but he played very well against BH last year. If it wasn't for a late 4th quarter pick PNG would still be undefeated against the Eagles.   All three (BH, Crosby & PNG) will be tough outs this year.

Going to be very interesting see PNG, Crosby, and BH Duke it out... I can easily seeing it be PNG beating BH, BH beating Crosby, Crosby beating PNG. Throwing into a 3 way tie... I don’t see anyone in the district going undefeated this year unless a illegal iPad use is involved 👀👀😂

8 hours ago, BHFAN said:

I think PNG has a few receivers back from last year. 

• 4 weeks later...

Maxprep football 08/17/2020

Aledo

Ennis

Frisco

Cooper (Lubbock)

Rider (Wichita Falls)

Fort Bend Marshall (Missouri City)

Barbers Hill (Mt. Belvieu)

Pioneer (Mission)

South Oak Cliff (Dallas)

North Forney (Forney)

Denison

A&M Consolidated (College Station)

Lovejoy (Lucas)

Crosby

Kimball (Dallas)

Everman

Guest Aledoalumni
4 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Wow, a 9x champion asking for help. Seems like they don't want none of FBM.

Oh, that's not the way I was thinking. I enjoy playing new teams. I was saying please beat FBM so we could get some new blood to go against. I'm way more worried about Ennis and Lubbock Cooper than I am FBM. 

Guest Aledoalumni
20 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

It's wide open in my opinion. 

Maybe its just bc I started following this team when they had superman at QB but I am a fan of PNG. I think there are several teams ahead of them in R3 but I'd like to see them in the mix. 

38 minutes ago, Aledoalumni said:

Maybe its just bc I started following this team when they had superman at QB but I am a fan of PNG. I think there are several teams ahead of them in R3 but I'd like to see them in the mix. 

I have been a loyal PNG fan for 55 years.  Our boys will find a way to be in the mix at playoff time.  I am praying for all the boys, on all the teams, that they stay safe during this weird and wacky football season.🙏😁👍

• 4 weeks later...

Top four offensive skill guys(QB, RB, 2WRs) came back for Crosby and it looks like it. We also have a couple of additions. Crosby hasn't looked this good at the skill positions as a collective since 2015. I would expect them to be one of the best 5A offenses in the state if they can stay healthy. We will see what the defense looks like when we scrimmage Tomball this week.   

On 9/14/2020 at 8:00 PM, Justafan72 said:

Free agent acquisition ??

I don’t think they’re free agents, not sure who they are? We couldn’t really sit in groups at the scrimmage so I didn’t catch any of the usual random comments regarding the kids. I know one kid I really like is just a sophomore they moved up to varsity as a freshman at the end of the year. Good possibility the other kids was on the freshman or jv last year too. My son went to school in the DFW area last year so I didn’t catch any underclassmen games to be able to verify who’s who. 

My biggest takeaways were; 1. Jaylen Herman is a savage. Picked up where he left off against Huntsville. 2. We probably need more of a threat at the backup rb position. 3. The jv QB looks like a mini Johnny Football, could end up being a player for us if he grows some. 

1st scrimmage this week against Magnolia tomorrow and looking forward to it. BH should field a good team this year with plenty of talent returning and a group that has been great in football since TIFI! This years Senior and Junior class have always meshed well together over the years in all sports. It’s a shame that this season will be hampered some with COVID, but hope all stay healthy and play to their potential. Let’s get this show going!