12-5A-II Smack Talk thread

Cougtalk

9 minutes ago, Bronco/Cat Fan said:

So, is it your opinion that any regime that has been in place at least 2 years has no excuses?

The staff being put together there is a winning one, i think the product placed on the field or lack thereof from the last staff that was in place answers your question. This staff should be able to get the talent back on the field. 

I am optimistic the changes in the staff at Dayton will attract more participation, improve the product put on the field, and reverse the downward spiral of the last four years. Whether or not it was talent level issue may take longer than 2 years to determine, as it fluctuates from year to year, but improvement should be rather quick.

• 2 months later...
On 2/25/2020 at 5:57 PM, Hagar said:

Lmbo, gotcha again.  You’re freaking easy.   For your edification, I have no idea what/where Barrett Station is.  I have no, nada, idea of the Demographics of FB Marshall, why should I?   I like keeping up with local HS football, but it’s not my life.  On the other hand, as I’ve said before, I’ve seen you many times making disparaging remarks about Vidor, Vidorians, and the Football team.  I don’t even live in Vidor, but it gets old.   You’re just butthurt because the Pirates cleaned the Cougars clock.   Get over it.

you should really go visit barrett station some day.  you will love it.......

• 1 month later...

If Covid dont screw up the season this could be one of BH's best teams. The Senior and Junior class has some very talented young men that i have been lucky enough to watch/coach through thier carears. These two classes just know how to win and i cant wait to see what they do this year. Some may think we are down a QB, but they have a couple of good ones to choose from. Pair that with 2 game changing recievers and a Junior RB that can flat run over or around you and a stout O-line . Defense is going to be a beast lead by a King (Bradley) with most of the line back and solid corners in the secondary while welcoming a new hard hitting LB in Gigout and the D will complement the offense.  The BH/Crosby and BH/PNG games are going to be awesome! 

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

If Covid dont screw up the season this could be one of BH's best teams. The Senior and Junior class has some very talented young men that i have been lucky enough to watch/coach through thier carears. These two classes just know how to win and i cant wait to see what they do this year. Some may think we are down a QB, but they have a couple of good ones to choose from. Pair that with 2 game changing recievers and a Junior RB that can flat run over or around you and a stout O-line . Defense is going to be a beast lead by a King (Bradley) with most of the line back and solid corners in the secondary while welcoming a new hard hitting LB in Gigout and the D will complement the offense.  The BH/Crosby and BH/PNG games are going to be awesome! 

I really don't see us playing each other this season in non-district, hope a miracle happens and we do, no biggie though, it's at BH anyway. 😂

10 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I really don't see us playing each other this season in non-district, hope a miracle happens and we do, no biggie though, it's at BH anyway. 😂

I haven't been keeping up , is PAM not playing football? or are you guys just not playing as long as you are doing distant learning? I can't keep up with what school is doing what :)  BH is offering in person or distant learning, but 82% of the parents chose in person. We also have Houston Heights on the schedule and i dont think HISD is going to be playing any sports.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:41 PM, prepballfan said:

PN-Gs QB has reported in at 6' 2" now. He will be a legit district MVP candidate this season. Bost is very talented. 

He is more like 6'3" or maybe even 6'4".  He is as tall as my son or maybe a little bit taller now.  Doesn't matter height though, he is a very good talent and a multi sport athlete.

4 hours ago, BHFAN said:

I haven't been keeping up , is PAM not playing football? or are you guys just not playing as long as you are doing distant learning? I can't keep up with what school is doing what :)  BH is offering in person or distant learning, but 82% of the parents chose in person. We also have Houston Heights on the schedule and i dont think HISD is going to be playing any sports.

Check out the UIL Fall Schedule dates.