12-5A-II Smack Talk thread

Cougtalk

On 2/20/2020 at 10:53 AM, Aledoalumni said:

I definitely get this arrogant vibe from you the way you make condescending comments towards other people and their programs. So I dont mind trying to serve you some humble pie. Remember you "expect this team to be playing in December ". Crosby's overall playoff is 24-29. In yalls history yall have made the playoffs 29 times, only making it past the 2nd round 4 times. I'm not great at math but I'd say thats 14% give or take. Yall dont have a history of even getting to the 3rd round much less December. In the last decade yall have made it past the 2nd round 1 time. You're confident this team can make it to December because the competition is not as strong. Teams have moved out of the division and now this expectation is hoisted like a battle flag. All I'm saying is instead of making these bold statements that your program has not historically been able to accomplish, you just chill and play nice. Although Crosby is the mecca they arent some juggernaut that you like to make them out to be. 

His constant condescending comments about other schools and towns has been consistent for years.  It’s like he has an inferiority complex about Crosby based on his put downs of others.  I’ve never been to Crosby, but I’m sure it’s a find place.  Just have to wonder what it is there that gives him the need to disparage other places with his crude, and often racist innuendos.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 10:53 AM, Aledoalumni said:

I definitely get this arrogant vibe from you the way you make condescending comments towards other people and their programs. So I dont mind trying to serve you some humble pie. Remember you "expect this team to be playing in December ". Crosby's overall playoff is 24-29. In yalls history yall have made the playoffs 29 times, only making it past the 2nd round 4 times. I'm not great at math but I'd say thats 14% give or take. Yall dont have a history of even getting to the 3rd round much less December. In the last decade yall have made it past the 2nd round 1 time. You're confident this team can make it to December because the competition is not as strong. Teams have moved out of the division and now this expectation is hoisted like a battle flag. All I'm saying is instead of making these bold statements that your program has not historically been able to accomplish, you just chill and play nice. Although Crosby is the mecca they arent some juggernaut that you like to make them out to be. 

Who really cares about the vibe you get from me? You're not serving me anything, you're posting things others have posted on this site probably 100 times over nearly a decade. Every year the season started under Coach Riordan he said the "expectation" was to get five gold balls and a plaque. Crosby High has been around for about 100 years and has those 29 playoff appearances you mentioned. Over half of those playoff appearances have come in 15 of the last 16 years as the community has changed and about 75% of our total playoff wins have come in that span. Yes, I can see you're not the best at math if you think 2/29 gives you 14%. To compare Crosby of today to what it was when they were the segregated Crosby Buffaloes is a little idiotic though.

George Ranch didn't have a history of doing anything, then had a good four year run where they ended up donkey stomping Legacy in the state title game. Now they're back to nothing. Shadow Creek didn't have any history two years ago and just ran though 5A-D1. The school with the best history in the area is probably La Marque and they're nothing compared to what they used to be. Things change, if they didn't HISD schools would still be relevant.

I say the things I say because I'm very confident I probably do the most research of high school football on this site. On top of that I actually lived in other parts of the state and country and got to see various programs first hand. Not to mention the insight I get from my cousins and buddies currently coaching at places like North Shore and Odessa Permian. It's pretty stupid to say I'm making Crosby out to be some juggernaut, all you had to do was read my post during last season and you would see otherwise. Long story short, I don't really care if "all you're saying is . . .". If you have any issues with it there are plenty of other boards in East Texas and the DFW for you to comment on. I don't eat sweets but I do appreciate the offer on the pie.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 7:54 AM, Hagar said:

His constant condescending comments about other schools and towns has been consistent for years.  It’s like he has an inferiority complex about Crosby based on his put downs of others.  I’ve never been to Crosby, but I’m sure it’s a find place.  Just have to wonder what it is there that gives him the need to disparage other places with his crude, and often racist innuendos.

Man, I really think you sit down to pee. You're always the most hurt person on here. I've NEVER one time seen you say anything about the racist innuendo from the PNG guy that always talks about people from Barrett Station. I didn't see you defending FB Marshall last year when one poster was talking about how they "don't deserve to [advance] because the player's parents won't even show up to the games." I don't make disparaging comments about other schools, I respond when people like the Vidor posters continuously bring Crosby up. An equivalent rebuttal doesn't equal condescension, it just melts snowflakes.

47 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Man, I really think you sit down to pee. You're always the most hurt person on here. I've NEVER one time seen you say anything about the racist innuendo from the PNG guy that always talks about people from Barrett Station. I didn't see you defending FB Marshall last year when one poster was talking about how they "don't deserve to [advance] because the player's parents won't even show up to the games." I don't make disparaging comments about other schools, I respond when people like the Vidor posters continuously bring Crosby up. An equivalent rebuttal doesn't equal condescension, it just melts snowflakes.

Lmbo, gotcha again.  You’re freaking easy.   For your edification, I have no idea what/where Barrett Station is.  I have no, nada, idea of the Demographics of FB Marshall, why should I?   I like keeping up with local HS football, but it’s not my life.  On the other hand, as I’ve said before, I’ve seen you many times making disparaging remarks about Vidor, Vidorians, and the Football team.  I don’t even live in Vidor, but it gets old.   You’re just butthurt because the Pirates cleaned the Cougars clock.   Get over it.

Guest Aledoalumni
2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yes, I can see you're not the best at math if you think 2/29 gives you 14%. 

I can see that your reading comprehension is not as good as my math lol. "In yalls history yall have made the playoffs 29 times, only making it past the 2nd round 4 times."  # of times yall have made it past the second round/ # of times yall have made the playoffs. 4/29 = 13.79%. I need you to take your time and read slowly. It might help you not look as foolish. 

15 hours ago, Aledoalumni said:

I can see that your reading comprehension is not as good as my math lol. "In yalls history yall have made the playoffs 29 times, only making it past the 2nd round 4 times."  # of times yall have made it past the second round/ # of times yall have made the playoffs. 4/29 = 13.79%. I need you to take your time and read slowly. It might help you not look as foolish. 

Well, it looks like you got at least one thing right then. I scanned through that as how many times Crosby has played in December since that's what you seem to be hung up on about my earlier post. I've made thousands of posts on here and have probably done that dozens of times trying to get a response in before a meeting or leaving the office. If I cared about looking foolish to someone that I don't know, doesn't know me, will never meet and doesn't provide any financial sustenance to my family, then I would actually care about your opinion. I do my research, support it conclusions with auxiliary data and stand on it. Like BH fan said, you're just peeing in the wind with me.

4 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Debating with 14.2 about Crosby is like debating with Bernie Sanders on how everyone is going to get free everything. #crazycougar 

Crosby School District thought they were getting free stuff too until they ran out of the Taxpayers money. Then had to lay-off 100 plus employees. The Bernie Budget didn’t quite work out for them. 😂😂 That Utopia doesn’t work. You eventually run out of everyone else’s money.😁

Guest Aledoalumni
3 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I do my research, support it conclusions with auxiliary data and stand on it. Like BH fan said, you're just peeing in the wind with me.

If you did your research then you'd know Crosby historically does not make it to December. Are you willing to make a charity bet?

ps- addressing you has boosted my community reputation +15 on this thread alone

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

BH got any new recru....err....new transfers in that happen to play football?

We are currently looking for 4.4 athletes to move to BH for academic reasons. Please keep a look out for these fast uh smart kids.

PS athl um student must abide by hair policy. :) 

The East Texas district will be much improved. Combine that with the graduation losses to A&M, Huntsville, Fb Marshall and Manvel leaving. Texas High dropped and got put in 9-5a. So I think Thigh, Marshall and a really great sr class led Pine Tree team will make more noise. Marshall lost alot but year 2 with new HC and staff will show marked improvement over last year. Texas High knocked Lufkin out in D1 playoffs last season and return several starters.