1. BH

2. Crosby

3. PNG

4. KP

5. Nederland

6. Texas City

7. Santa Fe

8. Dayton

BH, Crosby, and PNG will compete for the DC, while KP and Ned battle it out for the final playoff spot. Dayton and SF will be in the basement. As for TC, they're a bit of a wild card. While they have struggled the past couple of years, they were in a much tougher district with Friendswood, Shadow Creek, FB Hightower, Angleton, and Richmond Foster.

On 2/4/2020 at 9:14 AM, Cougtalk said:

How's Nederland feel about not making the playoffs this year? 

How's PNG feel about playing Marshall in first round =-P

BH sucks, coming for our district title. 

Lol.  You squeezed by Nederland in OT and that wasn't a very good team last year.   First or second round exit for the Cougs as usual.

3 hours ago, RidinTheRange said:

Texas City about to make a little comeback!  They've been playing a bunch of yungins against some big boys.  Those kids are about to come of age.

I think Semaj McCall is going to potentially lead the district in rushing but outside of that TC is kind of a wildcard IMO?  They had so many blowout games last it’s hard to gauge them. I think they’ll have a good defense in this district but I’m not sure with the ultra-basic offense they run if they can really win games without the Foreman Twins type talent. 

56 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Your forgot to point out that we actually did lose the game to an even worse Vidor team in regulation. 

Don’t forget to mention how you thought your Coach sucked  and he shouldn’t have been hired but now your personally washing his jockstraps. Maybe your school  district ought to look into just renting a Coach. It may be more cost effective so Crosby can afford to make it Port Arthur.

1. Crosby - Brings back all starters at the offensive skill positions. Lost three very key pieces on the defensive side of the ball but if we can improve overall in the secondary I expect this team to be playing in December. 

2. PN-G - Like what they have coming back In the QB. Even with a third place finish they’ll have a good chance to get to the third round with Manvel out of the district. I’m not a huge believer in the potential second round opponents A&M-C/Huntsville after how they were hit by graduation this past year. 

3. Barbers Hill - Lost the bell cow in Kaopua and their first FBS signee who was instrumental in grading the way for him, Casey Collier. Heard that Westeberg has another transfer qb coming in to take over the starting job instead of the kid who was put in at the end of the Manvel game. Not sure of the grade or eligibility status so I guess we’ll see. 

4. Kingwood Park - 4 of their 5 losses last year were by 28+ points so it feels wrong to put them here but they did beat PAM and they have a returning qb. No matter the district KP usually finds a way to back in the playoffs. I like their chances a little more than Nederland’s.

5. Nederland - I think you’re going to need to score this year in the district and I think Ned will have the worst offense of these top 5 teams. I really like a couple of the skill guys the have returning but I don’t honk it’s enough to keep them from going from 4th to 5th with the addition of KP.

6. Dayton - First year head coach who I really, really think is the man for Dayton as long as he’s given free range over staff hires. They’re going to ruin someone’s season this year and I hope it isn’t Crosby’s. Watch out if their participation rates jump back to where they were this season during the Stewart era, they might still be in he mix for a playoff spot in late October. 

7. Texas City - Maybe they flip flop with Dayton but I don’t see anything you can point to as a legitimate argument to move them up. They were outscored  313-122 and will be breaking in a new starter at qb. Coach Surovik’s teams have been grinders since he took over but he’s been a little short on talent lately. 

8. Santa Fe - As long as they don’t have another school shooting to galvanize them they’re right back here where you normally find them in the football standings. 

13 minutes ago, Realville said:

Don’t forget to mention how you thought your Coach sucked  and he shouldn’t have been hired but now your personally washing his jockstraps. Maybe your school  district ought to look into just renting a Coach. It may be more cost effective so Crosby can afford to make it Port Arthur.

I did and still do think there were better qualified people for the job. Where he’s proving me wrong is him being in over his head. I’m still not overly sold but I’m also not going to keep running the man down when the team was clearly improving throughout the season. We’re not Vidor, we’re not ok with losing to bad teams like Vidor like people from Vidor are. There were plenty of people in the stands expressing the same sentiments, loudly. 

Maybe your school district should look into renting some extra FEMA trailers so people stop evacuating your town? 

12 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I did and still do think there were better qualified people for the job. Where he’s proving me wrong is him being in over his head. I’m still not overly sold but I’m also not going to keep running the man down when the team was clearly improving throughout the season. We’re not Vidor, we’re not ok with losing to bad teams like Vidor like people from Vidor are. There were plenty of people in the stands expressing the same sentiments, loudly. 

Maybe your school district should look into renting some extra FEMA trailers so people stop evacuating your town? 

Maybe our School District can float your School District a loan. I am sure our district could bank a nice chunk of interest since y’all have a huge problem with crooked numbers.

29 minutes ago, Realville said:

Maybe our School District can float your School District a loan. I am sure our district could bank a nice chunk of interest since y’all have a huge problem with crooked numbers.

I’m sure they would appreciate it. We could finally put in that indoor facility were missing to go with the rest of them. 

On 2/7/2020 at 2:24 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

1. Crosby - Brings back all starters at the offensive skill positions. Lost three very key pieces on the defensive side of the ball but if we can improve overall in the secondary I expect this team to be playing in December. 

2. PN-G - Like what they have coming back In the QB. Even with a third place finish they’ll have a good chance to get to the third round with Manvel out of the district. I’m not a huge believer in the potential second round opponents A&M-C/Huntsville after how they were hit by graduation this past year. 

3. Barbers Hill - Lost the bell cow in Kaopua and their first FBS signee who was instrumental in grading the way for him, Casey Collier. Heard that Westeberg has another transfer qb coming in to take over the starting job instead of the kid who was put in at the end of the Manvel game. Not sure of the grade or eligibility status so I guess we’ll see. 

4. Kingwood Park - 4 of their 5 losses last year were by 28+ points so it feels wrong to put them here but they did beat PAM and they have a returning qb. No matter the district KP usually finds a way to back in the playoffs. I like their chances a little more than Nederland’s.

5. Nederland - I think you’re going to need to score this year in the district and I think Ned will have the worst offense of these top 5 teams. I really like a couple of the skill guys the have returning but I don’t honk it’s enough to keep them from going from 4th to 5th with the addition of KP.

6. Dayton - First year head coach who I really, really think is the man for Dayton as long as he’s given free range over staff hires. They’re going to ruin someone’s season this year and I hope it isn’t Crosby’s. Watch out if their participation rates jump back to where they were this season during the Stewart era, they might still be in he mix for a playoff spot in late October. 

7. Texas City - Maybe they flip flop with Dayton but I don’t see anything you can point to as a legitimate argument to move them up. They were outscored  313-122 and will be breaking in a new starter at qb. Coach Surovik’s teams have been grinders since he took over but he’s been a little short on talent lately. 

8. Santa Fe - As long as they don’t have another school shooting to galvanize them they’re right back here where you normally find them in the football standings. 

Crosby playing in December? Basketball or football?

Crosby will not win District! I think PNG and BH will be fighting for the DC. Crosby should land about 3rd unless they lay down like they are prone to do. KWP, Ned and TC will be keeping the top three honest while competing for that 4 spot. Dayton will be better this year just not sure how much. Overall the gap between the top and bottom this year shouldn’t be as wide and I’m expecting a lot of good games in district. KWP and TC just made this a better district across most sports!

45 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Crosby will not win District! I think PNG and BH will be fighting for the DC. Crosby should land about 3rd unless they lay down like they are prone to do. KWP, Ned and TC will be keeping the top three honest while competing for that 4 spot. Dayton will be better this year just not sure how much. Overall the gap between the top and bottom this year shouldn’t be as wide and I’m expecting a lot of good games in district. KWP and TC just made this a better district across most sports!

Too bad KP and TC are only in this district for football.

This is the other sport district that you guys will be in:

21-5A

Beaumont United

Crosby

Galena Park

Barbers Hill

Nederland

PA Memorial

Port Neches-Groves

38 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Too bad KP and TC are only in this district for football.

This is the other sport district that you guys will be in:

21-5A

Beaumont United

Crosby

Galena Park

Barbers Hill

Nederland

PA Memorial

Port Neches-Groves

So that is only a football district? All other sports is what you posted?