Ridiculously Early 5AD2 '20 Playoff Prediction

Guest Aledoalumni

Guest Aledoalumni

I've tried this twice before and below are my results. The first year of realignment is difficult because you dont know how certain teams match up. The second season is a bit easier because you have more data to work with. Nonetheless, still hope to hit the 85% correct playoff team total. 

2018 Prediction
Correct playoff seed 16 out of 64 = 25%
Correct playoff team(total) 45 out of 64 = 70.3%
Missed playoffs 19 out of 64 = 29.7%

2019 Prediction
Correct playoff seed 15 out of 64 = 23.4%
Correct playoff team(total) 51 out of 64 = 79.6%
Missed playoffs 13 out of 64 = 20.3%

Well, here we go

w1 El Paso Parkland / f2 El Paso Bowie
r4 Carrollton Creekview / t3 Canyon Randall
w2 El Paso Burges/ f1 El Paso Hanks
r3 Wichita Falls Rider / t4 Fort Worth North Side
w3 Lubbock Cooper / f4 Fort Worth Southwest
r2 El Paso Austin / t1 El Paso Ysleta
w4 Grapevine / f3 Wichita Falls
r1 Canutillo / t2 El Paso Andress
w5 Aledo / f6 Dallas Seagoville
r8 Corsicana / t7 Denison
w6 South Oak Cliff/ f5 Burleson
r7 Lucas Lovejoy / t8 Royse City
w7 Frisco / f8 Crandall
r6 Mesquite Poteet / t5 Everman
w8 Ennis / f7 Lake Dallas
r5 Mansfield Timberview / t6 Dallas Kimball
w9 Marshall / f10 Bryan Rudder
r12 Crosby / t11 Houston Sterling
w10 A&M Consolidated / f9 Whitehouse
r11 Fort Bend Willowridge / t12 Port Neches-Groves
w11 Fort Bend Marshall / f12 Kingwood Park
r10 Huntsville / t9 Longview Pine Tree
w12 Barbers Hill / f11 Houston Waltrip
r9 Texarkana  / t10 Rosenberg Lamar Consolidated
w13 Brenham / f14 Austin Northeast 
r16 Sharyland  / t15 Lockhart
w14 Liberty Hill / f13 Bastrop
r15 Kerrville Tivy / t16 Mercedes
w15 Boerne Champion / f16 Edcouch-Elsa
r14 Austin McCallum / t13 Georgetown Eastview
w16 Sharyland Pioneer / f15 Medina Valley
r13 Leander Glenn / t14 Marble Falls

Guest Aledoalumni
1 hour ago, jwfootball said:

So Galena Park is going to be 5th in a district with HISD schools??

I think GP could finish as high as 3rd. I know they are dropping down but they finished 4-6. After looking at the info I had, I decided to go with Waltrip. Certainly not confident in that pick.  

Guest Aledoalumni
40 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

PNG 3rd and Nederland out of playoffs? 

What makes you think that KWP will be better than Nederland but not PNG? 

KWP has a common opponent with Nederland in Barbers Hill from last year and did better. Both didnt have good seasons so I went with the optics of KWP having a positive score differential. Regarding PNG I believe they proven recently that they can do pretty good in their district and make the playoffs. I just have more faith that they can figure it out than KWP or Nederland. PNG has made the playoffs 7 seasons in a row.  

1 hour ago, Aledoalumni said:

KWP has a common opponent with Nederland in Barbers Hill from last year and did better. Both didnt have good seasons so I went with the optics of KWP having a positive score differential. Regarding PNG I believe they proven recently that they can do pretty good in their district and make the playoffs. I just have more faith that they can figure it out than KWP or Nederland. PNG has made the playoffs 7 seasons in a row.  

How many seasons in a row has Nederland or KWP made the playoffs?

Guest Aledoalumni
23 minutes ago, Brubaker said:

How many seasons in a row has Nederland or KWP made the playoffs?

Both missed the playoffs in 2016. So the answer is currently 3. 

On 2/6/2020 at 12:28 PM, Aledoalumni said:

That BH game you speak of was the weirdest atmosphere I have ever attended in regards of a Nederland game. That game should have been moved to Saturday but they chose to play it that night and had a few weather delays, wanna say game didn’t end til close to 1am. Yes I understand BH had to play in it too I get that. But kudos to BH coaches keep their kids energized and ready to go.... Nederland came out so flat and no energy after a long day that day with Homecoming festivities. Only game I have ever seen come out more flat and terrible was probably 08 Dayton game...