4A D2 Region 3

aTmfan06

They just put the most dominate Team in the State in their Division (4AD1), who some say might could win a Div above (5AD2), and dropped them into a lower Div (4AD2).  Carthage’s second & third strings may get more playing time than the starters.   Going to be like using a .410 to kill a roach.  Like using an Air-To-Ground middle to kill an Iranian General.  Like using a nuke to take out a machine gun nest.

Ah, such colorful metaphors..  😂🤣😂🤣😂

And If Carthage loses, I’m going to be labeled an idiot, LOL.  NP, I’ve been labeled worse.  😂

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

They just put the most dominate Team in the State in their Division (4AD1), who some say might could win a Div above (5AD2), and dropped them into a lower Div (4AD2).  Carthage’s second & third strings may get more playing time than the starters.   Going to be like using a .410 to kill a roach.  Like using an Air-To-Ground middle to kill an Iranian General.  Like using a nuke to take out a machine gun nest.

And If Carthage loses, I’m going to be labeled an idiot, LOL.  NP, I’ve been labeled worse.  😂

We plan on playing them.........twice

4 hours ago, Hagar said:

As long as Carthage doesn’t run across El Campo they might be okay that is the only team that carthage has never beat lol.

On 2/3/2020 at 8:29 AM, JasperDAWG said:

What you talking bout willis?!?

They were Big Daddy in DI.

Nothing changing. Lol.

Carthage,Jasper, Rusk, Center,Shepherd, and my favorite Madisonville (😲) makes up the new District 10 in 4ADII.

I don't remember ever playing Madisonville. Do you? Should be an interesting district...

On 2/4/2020 at 4:56 AM, Hagar said:

Take the strongest armed guy you know outside and have him throw a rock up in the air. Guess what, it always comes down. That's not Maybe , but what Will happen to Carthage. Just ask Gilmer, La Marque, Seally, Stephenville, Odessa P., Chapel Hill,  Celina, Austin Reagan, Dallas Carter, Bay City, to name a few?  

What goes up must come down. Hows that for a colorful metaphor. 😀

8 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

Take the strongest armed guy you know outside and have him throw a rock up in the air. Guess what, it always comes down. That's not Maybe , but what Will happen to Carthage. Just ask Gilmer, La Marque, Seally, Stephenville, Odessa P., Chapel Hill,  Celina, Austin Reagan, Dallas Carter, Bay City, to name a few?  

What goes up must come down. Hows that for a colorful metaphor. 😀

Oh, no doubt.  But as long as Surratt is there, they’ll be a force.

8 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

Yes that is true.

Don't know how many times I have told people that they can't make me believe that prior to 12 years ago before Scott arrived that there in Carthage the talented and skilled young men to win with were not there. Yet they had only been  to state final in the early 90s and didn't win. All of a sudden it's 7 out of 11 years with rings. 

Yep, when talent is pretty equal, superior coaching makes champions.

Great story. Carthage only loss that year was to Patrick Mahomes of whitehouse. And I must say, WOS losing to them in 2013 playoffs showed the level we needed to reach state. Which we did the next 4 years, partially because Carthage was out of the way. If we would have played them during that run, who knows what would have happened. That was a special group of kids.