Tentative 2020 Non-District Schedules

WOSgrad

Silsbee full schedule:

Scrimmage              8/14  Livingston

Scrimmage             8/20 Brownsboro (site TBD)

Week 1                   vs. Vidor

Week 2                   at Jasper

Week 3                   vs. Nederland

Week 4                  vs. Pleasant Grove (site TBD)

Week 5                  vs. Orangefield

Week 6                   at Liberty

Week 7                  vs. WO-S

Week 8                  at Bridge City

Week 9                 vs. Hamshire-Fannett

Week 10               at Hardin-Jefferson

Week 11              Bye

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 3:54 PM, navydawg31 said:

Tough. 

Like they say, "If you're scared then go to church". I'm just glad we were too broke to get embarrassed by Vidor so we scheduled a layup with Carthage instead. I heard Coach P called Coach Samples at Duncanville but they didn't want any because they would have to pass through North Shore to get to Crosby, I need to firm that up with my sources though.

Hard to know how kids are going to perform off a 185 mile bus ride to start the season but if we're healthy I think Crosby beats Manvel for the 2nd time in three years goes 1-0 against PAM in our first ever matchup. After watching Crosby average 50 points per contest in 5 of 6 games to close out the season and with us bringing all our skill players back, I'm expecting Coach P to be able to parlay that into one of the top two or three offenses in the region if not the best. I'm as confident in Crosby this year as the coach who scheduled the games.  

Guest ECBucFan
22 hours ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

Bucs need to step up and play. I’m sure they would love to play EC

I would love for that to happen. 

I don't think it will though. 

WO-S Full Schedule:

Scrimmage 1 - at Port Neches-Groves

Scrimmage 2 - Vidor

Week 1 - Nederland

Week 2 - at Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Week 3 - at Jasper

Week 4 - Newton

Week 5 - at Hamshire-Fannett

Week 6 - Hardin-Jefferson

Week 7 - at Silsbee

Week 8 - Orangefield

Week 9 - at Liberty

Week 10 - OPEN

Week 11 - Bridge City

24 minutes ago, Yoe_09 said:

Looks like Bellville could be loaded in 2020?  Cameron will be young.  I know both Cameron and Bellville having excellent incoming freshman classes.  

I haven’t watched that 8th grade group. But have a couple solid RBs that were sophomores this year. And our starting QB was a sophomore as well.

17 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

WO-S Full Schedule:

Scrimmage 1 - at Port Neches-Groves

Scrimmage 2 - Vidor

Week 1 - Nederland

Week 2 - at Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Week 3 - at Jasper

Week 4 - Newton

Week 5 - at Hamshire-Fannett

Week 6 - Hardin-Jefferson

Week 7 - at Silsbee

Week 8 - Orangefield

Week 9 - at Liberty

Week 10 - OPEN

Week 11 - Bridge City

Week 11 with the DC on the line.... I like it.

Lol.

On 2/4/2020 at 7:13 AM, Alpha Wolf said:

Yea, I talked to one of the current football coaches yesterday evening who gave me that information.  I'll check back with him on it again...

@AshlyKBMT and @Alpha Wolf , I have gotten confirmation that the nondistrict opponents for United is correct.   Evidently, week 3 was Splendora  for Montgomery, but then changed afterwards.  So it is indeed United vs. Montgomery week 3.  

4 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

@AshlyKBMT and @Alpha Wolf , I have gotten confirmation that the nondistrict opponents for United is correct.   Evidently, week 3 was Splendora  for Montgomery, but then changed afterwards.  So it is indeed United vs. Montgomery week 3.  

Well when I reported it, it was straight from a coaches mouth...

2 hours ago, texaslonghorn14 said:

New Caney/Crosby fans- I heard the Carthage game in week one would be part of a East Texas- Houston area double header played at Randall Reed Stadium.

Games: Carthage vs Crosby

Marshall vs New Caney

Can you confirm the rumor?

Looks to be true r at least Carthage playing Crosby there anyway

4 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Yea, I know your sources have always been credible, but Mongomery isd and their local media goofed and had many  scratching their heads...  🤷🏾‍♂️

Well, it wasn't just Montgomery ISD that said that.  I saw a Vype interview with Coach Schulz that occurred right after the realignment meetings where he had indicated that he had "just" picked up Montgomery as an opponent.

It is just something may have changed between then and the time that Alpha got his info.

5 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Well, it wasn't just Montgomery ISD that said that.  I saw a Vype interview with Coach Schulz on that occurred right after the realignment meetings where he had indicated that he had "just" picked up Montgomery as an opponent.

It is just something may have changed between then and the time that Alpha got his info.

The is definitely what happened.  There will be an article pared soon from their local media showing the correction...

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This is what I do know.  The MECCA has the toughest nondistrict schedule of everyone in our coverage area...  probably closely followed by Jasper.

I was also told Monday that Jasper was trying to get us on the schedule but it was for Week 4.  United was trying to get them for Week 3 so that we could have Week 4 as our BYE week leading into district play.  Jasper settled for HJ.  

4 hours ago, Alpha Wolf said:

I was also told Monday that Jasper was trying to get us on the schedule but it was for Week 4.  United was trying to get them for Week 3 so that we could have Week 4 as our BYE week leading into district play.  Jasper settled for HJ.  

Interesting tidbit of info... I think Jasper would've been the better opponent vs. Montgomery...

On 2/4/2020 at 4:28 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Like they say, "If you're scared then go to church". I'm just glad we were too broke to get embarrassed by Vidor so we scheduled a layup with Carthage instead. I heard Coach P called Coach Samples at Duncanville but they didn't want any because they would have to pass through North Shore to get to Crosby, I need to firm that up with my sources though.

Hard to know how kids are going to perform off a 185 mile bus ride to start the season but if we're healthy I think Crosby beats Manvel for the 2nd time in three years goes 1-0 against PAM in our first ever matchup. After watching Crosby average 50 points per contest in 5 of 6 games to close out the season and with us bringing all our skill players back, I'm expecting Coach P to be able to parlay that into one of the top two or three offenses in the region if not the best. I'm as confident in Crosby this year as the coach who scheduled the games.  

Hitting the juice early I see. Crosby will come limping into district 1-2 to receive their annual beat down from BH. Excuses will then fly until you can flex on Dayton and Santa Fe then tell us how the kittens will win State the following year. Am I close?😂