Tentative 2020 Non-District Schedules

WOSgrad

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

You’d have to ask the school district, they’re the ones that made Flannigan cancel the game. I would say it’s around the same time you enlightened me about Vidor running for 400 yards on Crosby though. 

Cancel what game?  I am not aware of a game being canceled except for last year. The JV game was cancelled due to kids being displaced because of Tropical Storm Imelda. We were fortunate enough to get enough Varisty kids together to come to Crosby an give y’all that butt whooping y’all received. I don’t know the exact rushing numbers the 4 times Vidor has played Crosby but I do know they ran the ball down y’all’s throat. Funny thing about it is y’all knew we were gonna run the ball and y’all still couldn’t do nothing about it. 😂

I was hoping to see the good little rivalry games we’ve had going with PNG and Nederland for many years now, continue on with non-district games but something tells me they don’t want to play the Pirates anymore. Now we lose the greatest rivalry in all of SETX, The Battle of the Black and Gold is no more. Nederland loses their biggest rival with Vidor moving down to 4a.

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I was hoping to see the good little rivalry games we’ve had going with PNG and Nederland for many years now, continue on with non-district games but something tells me they don’t want to play the Pirates anymore. Now we lose the greatest rivalry in all of SETX, The Battle of the Black and Gold is no more. Nederland loses their biggest rival with Vidor moving down to 4a.

It would be nice to still play those teams but honestly there would be little benefit for Ned or PNG to play Vidor. They would not play another offense like Vidors. After all, non district games are to prepare you for the rest of the season.

9 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Silsbee:

Week 1 - Vidor

Week 2 - Jasper

Week 3 - Nederland

Week 4 - Pleasant Grove

Well no more PN-G, Newton or Lumberton but finally got Jasper back on the schedule. Kudos to the coaches getting that done. Jasper and Silsbee back playing football. All is right in the football world.

2 hours ago, Realville said:

Still butt hurt from getting embarrassed at your home Stadium. What a weak response. Why don’t you go back to telling us how your coach sucks and how he shouldn’t have been hired.  Y’all afford to take any trips to Vidor because y’all are broke because your school district doesn’t know to manage their money. Maybe we can take up another offering like we did when y’all visited Vidor to help y’all’s band get to their competition since y’all were broke. Go sit down.

Not butt hurt at all, quite the contrary. Vidor was awful and we lost to them, that was proven when y’all averaged 7ppg the six district games after us until you got to play Dayton. I’ve seen enough Vidor teams to know that before we even played, and as such if Crosby was going to even be halfway decent that’s not one they should’ve lost to. I thought that before the game and outside one anomaly was proven right the rest of the season. Like MBG said, it was your Super Bowl and y’all won it. Congrats! 

We’ve just watched Coach Rio average ten wins per season over his tenure and Coach Flannigan get fired for putting together seven consecutive playoff seasons prior to that. The way Crosby looked the first 1/3 of the season considering the amount of talent we have should’ve been concerning to all Cougar fans. That was all coaching, including being out-coached by Matthews. Turns out the chef might’ve just been getting used to the new appliances and seems to be a pretty good cook. We’re glad to have him, looking forward to getting my son back from the DFW to come play for him. 

Appreciate the offering but our kids were never not going to go to their competition. Parents would’ve pooled together or some business would’ve donated but you can guarantee they would’ve gone. I’m glad we’re too broke to ride to Vidor, we get to go to Port Arthur instead.