Kountze Lion Basketball is Back!!

After watching Kountze play last season in what was one of if not the worst season in their history (winning just 3 games last year, arguably the worst Kountze team that I had ever seen) I was curious to see how the Lions would be this season. Well, after watching them earlier this season and then broadcasting their win last night over Buna, I am here to claim that things are all right in the local basketball world because Kountze Lion basketball is back!

The Lions looked like what we around here have always been accustomed to seeing and it makes me very happy to see this fantastic turnaround. I am so happy for Coach Joubert and the Lion faithful. They went through an embarrassing season last year going 3-26. Only 1 district win. Now, the Lions are back on top of the district and look to be a force in the playoffs. Kudos to the coaches and players for putting last season behind them and getting back to Kountze basketball.

I said it last week and will say it again. The local boys high school basketball scene is so much better when Kountze is battling for district and regional titles.

The Lions are back!!

Just now, whsalum said:

I hear they have a very good young group in junior high as well. I think it’s the 7th grade group.

Yeah I’ve seen a couple highlights and would agree. The 7th grade team has pretty much beat everyone with ease. Haven’t seen any 8th grade scores but I think they are decent as well. Happy for my hometown and Coach Joubert.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

After watching Kountze play last season in what was one of if not the worst season in their history (winning just 3 games last year, arguably the worst Kountze team that I had ever seen) I was curious to see how the Lions would be this season. Well, after watching them earlier this season and then broadcasting their win last night over Buna, I am here to claim that things are all right in the local basketball world because Kountze Lion basketball is back!

The Lions looked like what we around here have always been accustomed to seeing and it makes me very happy to see this fantastic turnaround. I am so happy for Coach Joubert and the Lion faithful. They went through an embarrassing season last year going 3-26. Only 1 district win. Now, the Lions are back on top of the district and look to be a force in the playoffs. Kudos to the coaches and players for putting last season behind them and getting back to Kountze basketball.

I said it last week and will say it again. The local boys high school basketball scene is so much better when Kountze is battling for district and regional titles.

The Lions are back!!

Wait, I thought you were a Kountze hater?!?

I’ve always wondered why these two don’t have a bigger rivalry? I know the past 5 years or so it wouldn’t have been much competition, but really no one has been for silsbee other than big schools. Since the schools are so close in proximity plus from about 2000-2012 they could of had some battles. I’m not completely in the loop and maybe they did play those years but I’ve always wondered how it hasn’t been a basketball rivalry. I know they are not in the same district and that plays a little role in it but I feel like Silsbee and Lumberton has been a bigger rivalry than Silsbee and Kountze. 

1 hour ago, Wise_one said:

I’ve always wondered why these two don’t have a bigger rivalry? I know the past 5 years or so it wouldn’t have been much competition, but really no one has been for silsbee other than big schools. Since the schools are so close in proximity plus from about 2000-2012 they could of had some battles. I’m not completely in the loop and maybe they did play those years but I’ve always wondered how it hasn’t been a basketball rivalry. I know they are not in the same district and that plays a little role in it but I feel like Silsbee and Lumberton has been a bigger rivalry than Silsbee and Kountze. 

They did play 6 or 7 times or maybe more. I know Silsbee won 3 or 4. The Silsbee team that lost in state in 2010 lost to Kountze in a playoff warmup that year. Kountze lost in the 2nd or 3rd round that year to New Waverly I think. Kountze has 4 state titles and Silsbee has 2. Kountze won 3 from 2003-07. There isn't a team Kountze could have put together over the past 30 years that could have beat Silsbee the last 4 years. 

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

They did play 6 or 7 times or maybe more. I know Silsbee won 3 or 4. The Silsbee team that lost in state in 2010 lost to Kountze in a playoff warmup that year. Kountze lost in the 2nd or 3rd round that year to New Waverly I think. Kountze has 4 state titles and Silsbee has 2. Kountze won 3 from 2003-07. There isn't a team Kountze could have put together over the past 30 years that could have beat Silsbee the last 4 years. 

Ehh I’d be willing to say the 2004 state championship team could very well beat that team. Only two losses that year. PA Memorial and Houston Milby . Milby beat us by like 12-14 while ranked #5 in the nation. I promise you that team COULD beat those Silsbee teams.

7 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Bold statement right there