Silsbee 75 Bridge City 58/FINAL

WOSgrad

I don't think any of our top players had good nights. Bush definitely wasn't his usual self. Neither was Martin. Missed about half a dozen shots at the rim he'd usually make. Cartwright was also a non factor tonight.

I think Harper played nearly the entire second half. Good seeing one of our young cats getting quality time.

Overall this is the worse I've seen Silsbee (real Silsbee) play all year. Don't know if I should be glad we still nearly won by 20, or worried that it might carry over into the next game.

16 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

I don't think any of our top players had good nights. Bush definitely wasn't his usual self. Neither was Martin. Missed about half a dozen shots at the rim he'd usually make. Cartwright was also a non factor tonight.

I think Harper played nearly the entire second half. Good seeing one of our young cats getting quality time.

Overall this is the worse I've seen Silsbee (real Silsbee) play all year. Don't know if I should be glad we still nearly won by 20, or worried that it might carry over into the next game.

Definitely not a good game for the Tigers.  Looked like their hearts werent in it at all.   It didnt look like Cartwrights head was in the game tonight.  Like was said we missed shots we normally make.  We got beat back down the court by the big guy at least a couple times.  Their number 4 was left open to hit 4 3s in the first quarter after we jumped out to a 10 pt lead and except for a Bush long 3 at the end of that first quarter,  we would have trailed after one.  Harper had a good game played some good defense.  And i am really liking Baltrip on the floor.  Good rebounding and energy.    A part of this was just never getting a good flow to the game and that is what BC does to you.  Glad we got this one over with.  I hope we come out and play a lot better friday.

4 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

Cards are a pretty good team.  No district wins but scrappy. 

Been really unlucky in some losses as well.  They are capable of playing with anyone.  Scrappy, well coached team who can shoot the mess out of the ball.  Really enjoyed the couple of times I’ve been able to see them. 

9 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Bush and Martin combined for 60 of Silsbee's 75 points. Both had 30.

5 hours ago, ST413 said:

And neither had a good shooting night.  Combining for 80% of the points shows what kind of night the tigers had.  Definintely not enough balance overall. 

This seems to be who the Tigers are this season. If ya got 2 players hit 30 each that’s pretty good stuff. They scored 75, that will win you a lot of ballgames.

2 minutes ago, whsalum said:

This seems to be who the Tigers are this season. If ya got 2 players hit 30 each that’s pretty good stuff. They scored 75, that will win you a lot of ballgames.

I guess so.but  last nights game was just sloppy and looked lackluster overall.  And here lately we have had a lot better balance overall.  Last night just looked more like an early season game or step backwards even.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

We beat the Mustangs last week in OT.

Yalls Super Bowl by 1pt. Guess it took alot out of them out of shape white kids from BC. ( Your words, not mine)

Edited by Mr. Buddy Garrity
I guess the African American community was proud. Once again his rhetoric, not mine.