Nederland Turf

Michele

17 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

No. They would have to have too many meetings to do that. Plus it’s too efficient. 

Get off your soapbox.  They are trying to get it done in as timely manner as possible.  Do you live in Nederland?

37 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Get off your soapbox.  They are trying to get it done in as timely manner as possible.  Do you live in Nederland?

How do you know that? Are they doing EVERYTHING possible? I doubt it. Are you on the school board? A special planning commission? Do I not have a right to convey my opinion on this and any other subject? I do not live in Nederland, but I have 3 properties in Nederland and pay my fair share of taxes there. I am also in the construction industry and have a vast knowledge of how long it takes to build anything from a dog house, to a home to a refinery... I have worked on many municipal projects and understand theIr ineptness of doing anything in a timely fashion. They are allowed to go at a snail’s pace, because they have no one to answer to - no customer, if you will. “No need to rush it...” That’s a direct quote from the superintendent. So, I will continue to pose my opinion based on lots of experience while standing on my well constructed soap box which is the one thing in this conversation that is being delivered  right on time. 

On 5/28/2020 at 11:10 AM, SmashMouth said:

How do you know that? Are they doing EVERYTHING possible? I doubt it. Are you on the school board? A special planning commission? Do I not have a right to convey my opinion on this and any other subject? I do not live in Nederland, but I have 3 properties in Nederland and pay my fair share of taxes there. I am also in the construction industry and have a vast knowledge of how long it takes to build anything from a dog house, to a home to a refinery... I have worked on many municipal projects and understand theIr ineptness of doing anything in a timely fashion. They are allowed to go at a snail’s pace, because they have no one to answer to - no customer, if you will. “No need to rush it...” That’s a direct quote from the superintendent. So, I will continue to pose my opinion based on lots of experience while standing on my well constructed soap box which is the one thing in this conversation that is being delivered  right on time. 

Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning?  Just get over it, nobody wants to listen to a whiner 🙉

On 5/24/2020 at 10:46 PM, MMosley07 said:

My cell is 409-719-7042. Give me a call when you’re concerned about deliverables or budget. If it’s a real concern, I’ll at least tell you what I know in lieu of speculation. So far, no issues with stadium portion of bond. Just can’t fit the design and construction of press box, bathrooms, seating, etc. in before Fall 2020 season. No need to rush it OR hold out on turf installation. So many programs get to benefit by moving forward with the turf - our huge 300+ band, twirlers, flags, cheer, and westernaires won’t have to stay in the stands just because it’s a mud pit on the field. These groups put hours and hours in. Thankful they’ll get to showcase their talents too. 

On 5/26/2020 at 4:17 PM, prepballfan said:

Micah a lot of the folks on here forget about the others who work so hard for Friday nights and even those in other sports who will benefit from the lack of mud. 

On 5/26/2020 at 9:42 PM, SmashMouth said:

They also forget that this is all being run by a school district which is a State Governmental entity. We know how efficient that is...

On 5/27/2020 at 3:36 PM, Bigdog said:

Would it be possible to work on the bathrooms while the turf is going in?  It would be nice to see those done before the start of the season.

On 5/27/2020 at 5:31 PM, SmashMouth said:

No. They would have to have too many meetings to do that. Plus it’s too efficient. 

59 minutes ago, Michele said:

Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning?  Just get over it, nobody wants to listen to a whiner 🙉

Look sweet pea, follow the quotes. I’m not whining. I’m simply stating the obvious. They’re not going to finish on time because it’s not a priority. If they would simply state that they are in no hurry to finish and will get done when they feel like it, then I would have no complaints!

Agreed, when your spending some else’s money  ( taxpayers) and don’t have to produce a profit Efficiency is not a Top Priority. The multiple number of taxes that we pay in this country is nothing short of legalized theft. With that being said I am sure the field will be nice and I know the kids will love it. I know the Vidor kids have enjoyed there new turf field. Hopefully we get to sit in the stands this season to watch our teams play.

You do realize that there are several months before the next game.  Barring weather it should not take that long.   

5 hours ago, Bigdog said:

You do realize that there are several months before the next game.  Barring weather it should not take that long.   

they have put the stands and bathrooms on the back burner. 

they will get to the stands and bathrooms after everything else is done IF they have any money left over.

i have already heard of some issues with not being enough money

1 hour ago, THE DUDE said:

they have put the stands and bathrooms on the back burner. 

they will get to the stands and bathrooms after everything else is done IF they have any money left over.

i have already heard of some issues with not being enough money

🙄

7 hours ago, oldman said:

Worked at a school a few years ago where they started working on a turf project the day after graduation.  Graduation was the last week of May.

We played our first game on the field in late August.   Even held a scrimmage on the turf.

IT CAN EASILY BE DONE!!!!!

Probably the biggest concern is if this area gets hit by another  big hurricane or biblical rain storm. Hopefully we’ll be spared this year.

28 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

What are they doing out side the fence, behind the home side.   A lot of dirt work being done.  Nice place for parking lot.

If I’m not mistaken, they’re digging a trough for a makeshift potty until they can get enough time to build proper restrooms. It’ll be akin to a litter box but for people. They’ll even leave some loose dirt for the potty-goers to cover their waste. Pretty efficient if you ask me. Cheap too! Perhaps I’ve been wrong this whole time. (Sorry folks...literally could not help myself.)

3 hours ago, A BUC 77 said:

What are they doing out side the fence, behind the home side.   A lot of dirt work being done.  Nice place for parking lot.

That is what I am hoping for.  The dirt is from the field being leveled.  Hey could even just put rock down for now until a better lot can be built.

1 hour ago, Bigdog said:

That is what I am hoping for.  The dirt is from the field being leveled.  Hey could even just put rock down for now until a better lot can be built.

where would the PE classes/junior high football go if they made that a parking lot?

43 minutes ago, THE DUDE said:

where would the PE classes/junior high football go if they made that a parking lot?

Junior high football can practice on the turf.  One of the big advantages of turf is it can be used quite a bit without wear and the weather doesn’t affect it.  The PE clashes can use the rest of that field or the one by the tennis courts.

On 6/1/2020 at 11:11 AM, SmashMouth said:

If I’m not mistaken, they’re digging a trough for a makeshift potty until they can get enough time to build proper restrooms. It’ll be akin to a litter box but for people. They’ll even leave some loose dirt for the potty-goers to cover their waste. Pretty efficient if you ask me. Cheap too! Perhaps I’ve been wrong this whole time. (Sorry folks...literally could not help myself.)

Aren’t you just describing the current bathrooms? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently a hurricane is hitting south Texas and we're getting a lot of rain from it.  The bathrooms and stadium (press boxes) upgrades were never scheduled to be done this year but done in phase 2. (next year) When all is done the stadium new high school and upgraded elementary and middle schools will look GREAT, and bulldog fans will be very happy, but outsiders will be just  "disgruntled" and I'm good with that. 

51 minutes ago, Knoddy1 said:

Currently a hurricane is hitting south Texas and we're getting a lot of rain from it.  The bathrooms and stadium (press boxes) upgrades were never scheduled to be done this year but done in phase 2. (next year) When all is done the stadium new high school and upgraded elementary and middle schools will look GREAT, and bulldog fans will be very happy, but outsiders will be just  "disgruntled" and I'm good with that. 

I am happy for the kids to get new facilities and Turf. I know the Vidor kids are enjoying their new Turf. During the summer we’ve been to the high school  stadium to get some exercise on the track an there is always kids playing football frisbee, soccer, and football. Of course I didn’t like seeing my taxes go up but in the long run I think it’s going to be more cost effective to maintain for the school district.