Make Up Of The United States Postal Service?

Reagan

The Postal Service has incurred cumulative net losses of $63.6 billion from 2007 through June 30, 2017!  One must oneself:  Why does Congress continue to allow these massive billion losses per quarter and per year?  I think quotes about Hispanics in the previous post may be a telling indication!

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

No one is in the least bit curious why the United States Postal Service is allowed to lose Billions and Billions and Billions of dollars a year and nothing is really ever done to solve this?!

Classic example of why you want government as far away from and as little involved with business in this country

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Sad thing is the fed gov actually has permission to lose money with the post office.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 of the United States Constitution, known as the Postal Clause or the Postal Power, empowers Congress "To establish Post Offices and Post Roads".

It's very simple.  The government knows nothing about operating a business.  It  cares  nothing about accountability and, without a profit motive/responsibility( yes, two of those "uncaring" characteristics of evil capitalism), it is highly inefficient.

7 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Sad thing is the fed gov actually has permission to lose money with the post office.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 of the United States Constitution, known as the Postal Clause or the Postal Power, empowers Congress "To establish Post Offices and Post Roads".

True.  But I'm not sure it states how big it has to be.  Can it be one office with one employee and still satisfy the Constitution?   I'll explain shortly what I've heard about the USPS.