Little Cypress-Mauriceville 38 Hamshire-Fannett 34/FINAL

WOSgrad

It does happen at other places, but the volume of transfers in such a short period of time is pretty telling.  A big part of participating in athletics is cultivating qualities such as hard work, perseverance, loyalty, etc.  The new HF regime would rather bring in the ringers and just "block out the noise" than actually build the program.  I believe winning is important, but not at the expense of the rules.  

While I think local coaches are aware of what's going on, I'd expect this trend to be addressed from within HF ISD.  And I think it will happen sooner than later.

If going 1 - 5 in district is having a bunch of ringers, then yes we have a bunch of ringers.  This coach is teaching hard work, perseverance and loyalty to those boys.  If he wasn't then they would quit on him and they haven't , so teams aren't getting the easy win . This wouldn't be a problem if it was the same old HF and they were getting beat by 40 or 50 like they have in the past.  

This is the hidden content, please

Some of you guys should look up the report cards of the schools these “shady“ transfers are coming from and and going to. Factor in that HF is open enrollment so you do not have to live in the district to attend the school and it becomes even less surprising that this is happening. I understand that if students do not live in the district zone they must sit out a year or play sub varsity, but in my opinion if you are transferring from a lower preforming school to a higher preforming one then that should be waived, especially if the old school received an F. Sometimes it’s bigger than basketball.  

Tigee was known in bmt a lot of the players knew him or knew of him combine that with ozen  and central combining leaving many players without a team plus Iemelda storm plus Hf open enrollment. Come on people we all knew this would happen with this hire so did the admin.

for those parents who has or had kids in the program and now their kids are not getting the playing time.......LIFE LESSON.....work harder and improve......and that didn’t work....LIFE LESSON.....find something else to do that you can be successful at.  Basketball is not be all end all.

its life

2 hours ago, Eric Cartman said:

This is the hidden content, please

Some of you guys should look up the report cards of the schools these “shady“ transfers are coming from and and going to. Factor in that HF is open enrollment so you do not have to live in the district to attend the school and it becomes even less surprising that this is happening. I understand that if students do not live in the district zone they must sit out a year or play sub varsity, but in my opinion if you are transferring from a lower preforming school to a higher preforming one then that should be waived, especially if the old school received an F. Sometimes it’s bigger than basketball.  

KInd of like all those kids taking advantage of the superior communications program at Yates?