Little Cypress-Mauriceville 38 Hamshire-Fannett 34/FINAL

WOSgrad

LCM 38, Hamshire Fannett 34.  Bears led by Jesse Doucette with 16 and Jackson Smith had 6 points and drew a HUGE charge at the end of the game.  We need to play better, but this group has figured out how to win close games.  Bears finish the first half of district at 4-2.  We go to HJ on Tuesday.

9 hours ago, SETXSPORTSGUY409 said:

HF played LCM to the wire with their best player and starting point guard suspended. Much respect to those kids

Is the post player still on the team? He was sent to the locker room last week and I wasn’t sure if he’d been removed from the team or not. The LCM coach deserves tons of credit, he has this club at 4-2 at the midway point of the district schedule and I for one didn’t expect that. I enjoy the antics of the shirt nights, it’s getting the spectators involved. 

HF as an administration is confusing to me.  They're ok with blatant recruiting and shady transfers.  Now I'm hearing the Ardoin kid at Tekoa is "moving" there.  The big man acts a complete fool at HJ, gets sent to locker room, then I hear he plays the whole game at LCM.  I'm glad that whoever made the call to suspend that kid still believes in rules and discipline and not just winning at all costs.  HF has been pretty bad in athletics for a while, but at least they used to do things the right way.

On the bright side, my referee buddy that was there said no stall ball in this one.  Just two offenses that couldn't score.

6 hours ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

HF as an administration is confusing to me.  They're ok with blatant recruiting and shady transfers.  Now I'm hearing the Ardoin kid at Tekoa is "moving" there.  The big man acts a complete fool at HJ, gets sent to locker room, then I hear he plays the whole game at LCM.  I'm glad that whoever made the call to suspend that kid still believes in rules and discipline and not just winning at all costs.  HF has been pretty bad in athletics for a while, but at least they used to do things the right way.

On the bright side, my referee buddy that was there said no stall ball in this one.  Just two offenses that couldn't score.

I’m certainly no authority, but based on what little I know personally, and what I’ve learned on this Forum, transfers are so common now, labeling them “shady” might be a misnomer.  It used to be as rare as seeing a $20 gold coin, but now it seems like just another penny.  Lol, Free Agents in high school.  Who’d thunk it.

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’m certainly no authority, but based on what little I know personally, and what I’ve learned on this Forum, transfers are so common now, labeling them “shady” might be a misnomer.  It used to be as rare as seeing a $20 gold coin, but now it seems like just another penny.  Lol, Free Agents in high school.  Who’d thunk it.

May be running out of cap space 😂😂

4 hours ago, Hagar said:

2 hours ago, whsalum said:

May be running out of cap space 😂😂

I hear the salary cap is going up next year with the advent of the high school transfer portal.

The HF team only has one true transfer student and he is playing JV so he will be able to play next year.  Whoever is giving you info is wrong.  The team has 1 senior, 4 juniors and the rest of the team is sophomores.  The two newer players live in the district and are 10th graders.  Everyone is talking smack about this team because they are wondering how they got so good so fast when the reality is that they finally got a coach that cares about winning and his players.  The talent was always there.  The kids are just now figuring out they can win and when the coach and the kids figure it out the rest of the district will be really wary of playing HF. 

20 minutes ago, BLOCK OUT THE NOISE said:

The HF team only has one true transfer student and he is playing JV so he will be able to play next year.  Whoever is giving you info is wrong.  The team has 1 senior, 4 juniors and the rest of the team is sophomores.  The two newer players live in the district and are 10th graders.  Everyone is talking smack about this team because they are wondering how they got so good so fast when the reality is that they finally got a coach that cares about winning and his players.  The talent was always there.  The kids are just now figuring out they can win and when the coach and the kids figure it out the rest of the district will be really wary of playing HF. 

Be real.  #2 is a transfer.  #4 is a transfer.  The JV kid is a transfer.  There will be more next year.  There has always been talent in this community, but it's being recruited over for Beaumont/SBG kids.  Guess who coached at both those places?  Tigee Rideaux is a good coach of basketball.  He just doesn't follow the rules that the majority of high school coaches follow and HF is going to get hurt by it.  

A certain coach for another team in the district has tried to prove he's doing something wrong and had officials from the district check it out and they found everything above board.  So until the rules change we are going to have to live with it.  The coach that had them look into it has been accused of the same thing.  

2 hours ago, BLOCK OUT THE NOISE said:

#2 and #4 did not attend Hamshire-Fannett schools last year therefore they are considered to be transfers.

1 hour ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

Be real.  #2 is a transfer.  #4 is a transfer.  The JV kid is a transfer.  There will be more next year.  There has always been talent in this community, but it's being recruited over for Beaumont/SBG kids.  Guess who coached at both those places?  Tigee Rideaux is a good coach of basketball.  He just doesn't follow the rules that the majority of high school coaches follow and HF is going to get hurt by it.  

Careful.  You want to talk about transfers, HF certainly didn’t invent that concept.  In fact, several of the juggernauts in this area of feasted on transfers for a long time.  Can’t help but think some of the outrage about HF is that they have dipped their fingers in the talent pool that was monopolized by other for some time now. And no, I’m not getting into the particular schools or the particular players.  But believe me it’s nothing new in these parts. 

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

Careful.  You want to talk about transfers, HF certainly didn’t invent that concept.  In fact, several of the juggernauts in this area of feasted on transfers for a long time.  Can’t help but think some of the outrage about HF is that they have dipped their fingers in the talent pool that was monopolized by other for some time now. And no, I’m not getting into the particular schools or the particular players.  But believe me it’s nothing new in these parts. 

I'm certainly not saying that others haven't done it. But, call it what it is. Don't tell me that they didn't transfer in. I know that they did. I'll let the DEC decide if they are eligible to play. As of now, they are eligible and that's what matters.

What is not "cool" is using the excuse of "well others are doing it". That is not a defense of why one does.

The thing about this particular situation is that H-F gets a brand new head coach (one who has never been a HC) and also get 4 new players to transfer in.(some are saying there are more to come) That would look suspicious at any level. But, looks can be so deceiving. I can understand parents wanting to leave a bad school district for a better one (not for athletic purposes) if that would be the case. I certainly can understand why some coaches in the district would want to look into this but if paperwork and residency is all legit, then it's all good.

20 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I'm certainly not saying that others haven't done it. But, call it what it is. Don't tell me that they didn't transfer in. I know that they did. I'll let the DEC decide if they are eligible to play. As of now, they are eligible and that's what matters.

What is not "cool" is using the excuse of "well others are doing it". That is not a defense of why one does.

The thing about this particular situation is that H-F gets a brand new head coach (one who has never been a HC) and also get 4 new players to transfer in.(some are saying there are more to come) That would look suspicious at any level. But, looks can be so deceiving. I can understand parents wanting to leave a bad school district for a better one (not for athletic purposes) if that would be the case. I certainly can understand why some coaches in the district would want to look into this but if paperwork and residency is all legit, then it's all good.

There are other coaches in the district, and close proximity of the school who have benefitted from “transfers” for YEARS.  And ultimately it’s not the coaches, it’s parents, who make those decisions.  And I’m not justifying it, or calling it right or wrong.  It’s simply nothing new.  What is new is that it’s a new coach at a new school.  I’m merely saying that many who are pointing fingers have 4 pointing back at themselves.  You know, glass houses and all....