Deweyville 76 Evadale 75/FINAL-OT

WOSgrad

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It's pretty obvious that some of you do not understand how these visits work.

I get how they work, my problem is missing a district game. Whatever happened to being a team. I'm all for looking to your future, and I hope the kid has a great college career, but this left his team out to dry. There are always other times you can go visit, I asked around and it was a D3. And honestly I'm not against the kid, it's his parents I'm upset with. 

I guess the question is, when should an athlete make a visit if he plays 2 or more sports? You are not allowed to miss class for visits. Have to go on weekend when the schools have scheduled visits. You go when they schedule your visit.

Silsbee's Dralyn Taylor missed the Hardin-Jefferson basketball game due to making a visit for football. It is what it is.

Normally there is more than one date set aside for college visits. I know nothing about this young man or which college he chose to visit and I have no right to pass judgment on the individual so everything I say is just a matter of personal opinion. If no school is missed what’s the difference in leaving at 8pm instead of 4pm? I know these dates are posted ahead of time and I certainly don’t blame a young athlete for taking the trip but it sure makes it tough on a small school team playing without them. 

30 minutes ago, TigerAlumni85 said:

unfortunately the visit was scheduled by Parents and there were a couple of dates to choose. The other Evadale post made his schedule to go to the same college for football visit next Friday during Evadale’s off day. It was an overnight stay. 

That makes it worse. Good job to the Montalvo family for doing it right

21 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It's pretty obvious that some of you do not understand how these visits work.

It's a college visit, what is there not to understand? You and the prospective program pick and date and you go. I think what has gotten everyone worked up is the date chosen, that whats we don't quite understand.