PN-G looks good for 2020

prepballfan

There are only two proven varsity pitchers back this year. That is why I said some of the younger kids need to step up. I know this team very well, my son played last year. They will be solid in the field and at the plate but, they will need some of the JV kids that will move up to prove themselves.

The two juniors this year have plenty of experience at pitching against quality athletes their whole baseball career.  Moving to varsity shouldn't effect them to much if thats the case.  Having a great defense and a strong lineup, you need pitchers that can throw strikes, which all 4  of these kids can.   

I know the two juniors you are talking about and one was pulled up for the Sulphur tournament and didn't last an inning. I know he was just a sophomore and I know he can pitch but, that is what I am saying they need to step up a prove themselves. I heard he pitched really well during the summer and fall and I hope he does well at the next level in high school.

1 hour ago, Lamar1996 said:

I will sleep like baby.  Ned won’t keep up with BH or PNG this season.  I know all the sophomores thru seniors and unless some magical pixie dust is sprinkled on them then 3rd place will be yours.  

sleep like a baby then.

every baby i have ever seen sleeping always woke up with a crappy diaper.

On 1/25/2020 at 3:30 PM, THE DUDE said:

Keep sleeping on NED................

Please tell me who at Nederland is going to beat PNG and BH? I want to hear this. Until then, I'll sleep on Ned for first or second. Y'all lost almost all of your offense and pitching. PNG and BH returns the majority of thier starters. BH lost my son (P/3B), CF, and role players, the other 7 return with good depth. PNG loses a utility player and couple of pitchers and returns a string pitching core as well as big bats. Give me your argument for Ned.

The district title is Barbers Hill's to lose, solid pitching, great depth & their batting lineup will be very hard to keep from scoring plenty of runs. The Cauley kid is a hitting machine. 

Png has a very good, well coached team with a couple of players with the potential to be dominate on the mound, if they can step up in big games. Coach Carter will have to work some purple magic to slip by BH. C. Roccaforte & D. Guidry will be 2 of the best hitters in district. 

Nederland lost 4 starters & top notch defensive players at SS, 2nd, 1st & CF  which also were the 1,2, & 3 batters in the lineup. 3 quality starting pitchers will also be gone to graduation along with a ton of senior leadership & experience. W.Butler, R.Cunningham & K.Grant are as good as any players in the district, but if the younger guys don"t step up at the plate & especially on the mound the dogs will struggle. 

16 minutes ago, KF89 said:

The district title is Barbers Hill's to lose, solid pitching, great depth & their batting lineup will be very hard to keep from scoring plenty of runs. The Cauley kid is a hitting machine. 

Png has a very good, well coached team with a couple of players with the potential to be dominate on the mound, if they can step up in big games. Coach Carter will have to work some purple magic to slip by BH. C. Roccaforte & D. Guidry will be 2 of the best hitters in district. 

Nederland lost 4 starters & top notch defensive players at SS, 2nd, 1st & CF  which also were the 1,2, & 3 batters in the lineup. 3 quality starting pitchers will also be gone to graduation along with a ton of senior leadership & experience. W.Butler, R.Cunningham & K.Grant are as good as any players in the district, but if the younger guys don"t step up at the plate & especially on the mound the dogs will struggle. 

That's why I was saying Ned third, of course anything can happen, but it's going to be tough to replace your #1 and #2 pitcher along with Hiltz in the lineup. My son told me that Hiltz was the toughest batter he faced all year, and that's saying a lot. Was Marz a senior last year too?

Yes, Jacob Mares was a senior last year. One of the most  mentally tough players & best pressure situation clutch pitchers in Nederland baseball history. Hiltz had to give a quality ab & be a tough out every at bat or his mom would rip his azz. Tell your son thx for the kind words.

1 hour ago, KF89 said:

Don't forget about R. Sosa, B. Bost, and K. Curtis.  All three of these kids have hot bats too.  The one thing PNG and BH have is that majority of the players on each team play at the highest level of Select Premier Baseball during the summer.  Most other teams in the district don't.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 10:57 PM, TradenupBH said:

Please tell me who at Nederland is going to beat PNG and BH? I want to hear this. Until then, I'll sleep on Ned for first or second. Y'all lost almost all of your offense and pitching. PNG and BH returns the majority of thier starters. BH lost my son (P/3B), CF, and role players, the other 7 return with good depth. PNG loses a utility player and couple of pitchers and returns a string pitching core as well as big bats. Give me your argument for Ned.

all 3 look competitive. any given day either one of these teams could beat the other.

NED is always well coached and scrappy. 

Nederland Bulldogs 

2019 Record: 22-13/10-2; Regional Semifinalist 

Returning Starters

Brock Holton, Sr, DH/1B (.275, 1st Team AD) Kamden Grant, Sr, OF (.287, 2nd Team AD)Rene Cunningham, Jr, OF (.285, Newcomer of the Year) Wade Butler, Jr, INF (.303, 1st Team AD)Corbin Chandler, Jr, C/OF (.265)

Port Neches-Groves Indians

2019 Record: 21-15-1/9-3; Regional Quarterfinalist 

Returning Starters

Khristian Curtis, Sr, SS/P (1st Team AD) Carson Roccaforte, Sr, OF/P (District Offensive MVP)Reid Porter, Sr, OF/P Ryan Sosa, Jr, C (District Defensive MVP)Dean Guidry, Jr, 2B (1st Team AD) Blake Bost, Jr, OF (All-District) 

Barbers Hill Eagles

2019 Record: 24-8/11-1; Regional Quarterfinalist 

Returning Starters

Greg Smith, Sr, C (1st Team AD) Cameron Hunt, Sr, P (2nd Team AD)Josh Herrera, Sr, P (1st Team AD) Connor Dunham, Sr, OF (2nd Team AD)Raithen Malone, Jr, INF/P Simon Laranaga, Jr, INFCameron Cauley, Jr, INF (Co-Offensive MVP)

14 hours ago, THE DUDE said:

all 3 look competitive. any given day either one of these teams could beat the other.

NED is always well coached and scrappy. 

Nederland Bulldogs 

2019 Record: 22-13/10-2; Regional Semifinalist 

Returning Starters

Brock Holton, Sr, DH/1B (.275, 1st Team AD) Kamden Grant, Sr, OF (.287, 2nd Team AD)Rene Cunningham, Jr, OF (.285, Newcomer of the Year) Wade Butler, Jr, INF (.303, 1st Team AD)Corbin Chandler, Jr, C/OF (.265)

Port Neches-Groves Indians

2019 Record: 21-15-1/9-3; Regional Quarterfinalist 

Returning Starters

Khristian Curtis, Sr, SS/P (1st Team AD) Carson Roccaforte, Sr, OF/P (District Offensive MVP)Reid Porter, Sr, OF/P Ryan Sosa, Jr, C (District Defensive MVP)Dean Guidry, Jr, 2B (1st Team AD) Blake Bost, Jr, OF (All-District) 

Barbers Hill Eagles

2019 Record: 24-8/11-1; Regional Quarterfinalist 

Returning Starters

Greg Smith, Sr, C (1st Team AD) Cameron Hunt, Sr, P (2nd Team AD)Josh Herrera, Sr, P (1st Team AD) Connor Dunham, Sr, OF (2nd Team AD)Raithen Malone, Jr, INF/P Simon Laranaga, Jr, INFCameron Cauley, Jr, INF (Co-Offensive MVP)

Nobody ever doubted or said Ned isn't always Scrappy and we'll coached. Unless they have someone none us know about step up pitching wise, and fill the shoes of the leadership lost year, I'm picking BH and PNG ahead of Ned. Just my opinion, and he'll, I could be wrong.

B.H. & P.N.G. will dominate in the district & when they play it will be a highly intense competitive series. Both have solid hitting & pitching returning, Nederland has hitters returning but has to find some pitching fast. Which ever team makes the least mistakes will come out as champs. Nederland better worry about holding off P.A., Vidor & Dayton for a playoff spot. 

Here are the legit batting averages from last year

Grant- .349, Butler- .333, Holton- .307, Cunningham- .285, Chandler- .220   

5 hours ago, KF89 said:

B.H. & P.N.G. will dominate in the district & when they play it will be a highly intense competitive series. Both have solid hitting & pitching returning, Nederland has hitters returning but has to find some pitching fast. Which ever team makes the least mistakes will come out as champs. Nederland better worry about holding off P.A., Vidor & Dayton for a playoff spot. 

Here are the legit batting averages from last year

Grant- .349, Butler- .333, Holton- .307, Cunningham- .285, Chandler- .220   

Good pitching beats good hitting almost everyday of the week. LOL