Port Arthur Memorial 56 Nederland 39/FINAL

WOSgrad

20 minutes ago, Golden_Tri-409 said:

i watch demeanor  and that had quit and no fight all over it....quit making excuses for kids who don't have it. Without the refs he may not have the 14 he had in the game. Like i said earlier i've watched him a lot of times and he doesn't have it like a lot of y'all say he does. He may bite when the little pups come to play but when the big dogs show up he only barks.Call it what you want but i see it how it is. English did get out coached y'all right about that but what do you do when the other team is too strong.

I think @BMTSoulja1 been saying this for 3 years now. 

1 minute ago, stevenash said:

Soulja, while this is off topic, I thought I would inform you of the following.   The HJ Hamshire game wound up being a 3 pt game and, as ALWAYS, the reliable indicator, the dunk count, was 1-0 in favor of HJ, thus accurately predicting the outcome

It was 1-0 Nederl..err, Hefner the Quitter 🙄, so the indicator was off tonight

3 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Soulja, while this is off topic, I thought I would inform you of the following.   The HJ Hamshire game wound up being a 3 pt game and, as ALWAYS, the reliable indicator, the dunk count, was 1-0 in favor of HJ, thus accurately predicting the outcome

See there?  The dunk count is the most important stat there is and should be effectively highlighted in every post game analysis....  

30 minutes ago, gogo1734 said:

Just because you read it on the internet doesn't make it true...

Well, I never said it was true, but usually when an untruth comes out, there's always someone to dismiss it as false, usually with supporting facts or a confirmation from someone very credible.  I've seen neither thus far...

Here my opinion on Hefner.

1.Very skill player

2.High Basketball IQ

3.Great Vertical

4.Need to work on shooting

5.Need to work on being physical

Look he will be fine at AGGIE LAND because he has skill.You guys should watch the top 25 juco teams and its players what I saw last night on both teams was some good juco talent regardless of where anyone sign up at.

15 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, I never said it was true, but usually when an untruth comes out, there's always someone to dismiss it as false, usually with supporting facts or a confirmation from someone very credible.  I've seen neither this far...

Why would that be needed? So you're telling me I could say anything about anyone, and its up to them to disprove my statement? No matter how asinine it may be? C'mon man.

2 hours ago, JMAY88 said:

B.Bush best in Setx hands down if he was 6"4 he be a lottery pick.

Silly statement, he’s not 6’4”. 

That’s like saying Larry Bird would be the GOAT if he had LeBron’s athletic ability, or #16 from Vidor would be the best if he had Bush’s mind set and Anthony Davis’s height. 

He doesn’t....

Let's be clear on my opinion of Hefner as a player. He's deserving of the scholarship to A&M. He was the most physically gifted and skilled athlete on the court last night. But he was not the best player on the court last night. He has to pick up his level of aggression. It's okay to float around and let the game come to you against lesser competition. But against tougher competition he has to take the lead. 

Off topic, but there is a difference between best player and most athletic player.  I thought that's what initially came up on this topic. With all due respect to this thread (Nederland and PA), I won't bring up any other players..  But I'll say that the Nederland kid  is neither the best player or the most athletic player I SETX, but he's in the top 5 of both, IMO.  

With respect to Heffner, I know he's a smart kid to have gotten the  offer from A&M and I hear he's kicking arse  academically.  With that said, I know for a fact he'll thrive out there next year.