Port Arthur Memorial 56 Nederland 39/FINAL

WOSgrad

5 minutes ago, Reddog44 said:

I’ve seen many a top five coaches in Southeast Texas post. 

Let’a do a top 5 in this district   

I’ll start

BH

PNG

PA

Vidor

Dayton, Guy doesn’t give up no matter the score. 

Ned

Clevland

I've told ppl since before our first meeting with them last season my non-bias pick as best HC in the district was the BH HC. 

15 minutes ago, Spyder53 said:

I think Hefner is a (B-) athletically; (B+) skills  wise, but he is a (C, C-) in the aggression, take charge of a game type of player. I don't know if it's in him, but if it is he better find it before he gets to A&M.

OK, I get it’s your opinion, but I stopped reading after the B- athletically. 

That’s possibly the craziest thing I’ve ever heard. 

Best Athlete in SETX. (Basketball)

Not even close. 

1 hour ago, NeDeRlAnD b-DoG fAn said:

I missed the game tonight but i figured PAM would win by about 10. I haven't seen them play this year but heard they've got alot of talent. They have a good chance at winning state this year?

Hopefully i can make the next matchup

Friday Valentine's Day, Senior Night. Should be extra packed since it's a Friday. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

@gogo1734 what's your thoughts from tonight?? 

PA played a great game and won. Coach came in with a great game plan to get  the job done. I never made a prediction for anyone to win this game. All I ever said was how ridiculous it is that Hefner gets so much criticism from "adults" on this forum. With a few of the comments in this thread, I'd say I've been proven correct. 

How is it criticism to state a fact that "a power five" is 0-7 against a team down the street from him. How is it criticism to go into details of those 7 losses. When does "criticism" just go straight facts. 

And then yall blame the rest of our seniors when they have been programmed since the 7th grade "Give the ball to Hefner". If they were allowed to shoot and play since middle school maybe theyd be better. They've been programmed for this. then when good teams come he says I need help. Those kids spend their whole school career doing this so go win the big games with that strategy then.  

2 minutes ago, GuWop1122 said:

How is it criticism to state a fact that "a power five" is 0-7 against a team down the street from him. How is it criticism to go into details of those 7 losses. When does "criticism" just go straight facts. 

And then yall blame the rest of our seniors when they have been programmed since the 7th grade "Give the ball to Hefner". If they were allowed to shoot and play since middle school maybe theyd be better. They've been programmed for this. then when good teams come he says I need help. Those kids spend their whole school career doing this so go win the big games with that strategy then.  

Then criticize the coach all you want. Not the kid. It seems there is a lot of animosity towards the Hefner kid because of the kind of scholarship offers he received. (A lot of comments like yours referring to "power 5") Many people in college basketball must think he's pretty darn good judging from the offers he received. I'll go with the opinions of the guys working for college basketball programs over guys on the forum. 

1 minute ago, gogo1734 said:

Then criticize the coach all you want. Not the kid. It seems there is a lot of animosity towards the Hefner kid because of the kind of scholarship offers he received. (A lot of comments like yours referring to "power 5") Many people in college basketball must think he's pretty darn good judging from the offers he received. I'll go with the opinions of the guys working for college basketball programs over guys on the forum. 

Those guys make mistakes too. As a Nederland fan I say. Good thing Port Arthur Memorial isnt in the SEC...

10 hours ago, glassjoe said:

Ridiculous comment

i watch demeanor  and that had quit and no fight all over it....quit making excuses for kids who don't have it. Without the refs he may not have the 14 he had in the game. Like i said earlier i've watched him a lot of times and he doesn't have it like a lot of y'all say he does. He may bite when the little pups come to play but when the big dogs show up he only barks.Call it what you want but i see it how it is. English did get out coached y'all right about that but what do you do when the other team is too strong.

1 minute ago, GuWop1122 said:

Those guys make mistakes too. As a Nederland fan I say. Good thing Port Arthur Memorial isnt in the SEC...

Chances are he won’t be doubled for the entire game in the SEC. If he’s so bad then why was the game plan to take Hefner away? (Great coaching by the way, and something English should’ve adjusted to, but he didn’t) Also, why don’t we let the kid get to A&M before you claim they made a mistake on him?

6 minutes ago, Golden_Tri-409 said:

i watch demeanor  and that had quit and no fight all over it....quit making excuses for kids who don't have it. Without the refs he may not have the 14 he had in the game. Like i said earlier i've watched him a lot of times and he doesn't have it like a lot of y'all say he does. He may bite when the little pups come to play but when the big dogs show up he only barks.Call it what you want but i see it how it is. English did get out coached y'all right about that but what do you do when the other team is too strong.

I guess we have expert psychologists on the forum now. 

22 minutes ago, GuWop1122 said:

Getting VERY deep here!  I did NOT know this...  

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Getting VERY deep here!  I did NOT know this...  

Soulja, while this is off topic, I thought I would inform you of the following.   The HJ Hamshire game wound up being a 3 pt game and, as ALWAYS, the reliable indicator, the dunk count, was 1-0 in favor of HJ, thus accurately predicting the outcome