Hardin-Jefferson 59 Hamshire-Fannett 56/FINAL

WOSgrad

I give a lot of credit to the Hamshire Fannett kids they played hard. And with the new coach and all the new players they have become a team that isn’t a pushover each night as in years pasts.  Now on the other hand HJ really needs to get out of their shooting slump.  Only counted three threes that they made tonight and had to have been about 25% from the free-throw line again tonight.  Missed 4/5 in final minute to allow HF to make it close.  Hawk hecklers were on point tonight though!!!

This one was bound to be a difficult one for HJ. Off the back of an emotional loss to Silsbee against a well-coached team that had already seen them play numerous times in the EC tournament. Free throws seem to be an issue of late for HJ that needs to be fixed, but I think they must be happy to get their win and cruise into the off night. 

5 hours ago, Hagar said:

Out of L’s, but had to put the Like on this one.   They’ve come a long way.

Lots of new faces in the corral this year. They are lite years ahead of where they have been the past few years. I did see a post player removed from the bench midway through the second half. The Horns could have used some help in that regard. The difference in this one looked to be in the post play.