Silsbee 2020 Football

BADSANTA

5 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

As far as Silsbee football, Seniors need to step it up in the classroom, , and slow down on the Weed, and they should be ready for another run. Otherwise might be a long season.lol 

I expect first or second in District for the Tigers. Coach Smith is playing system football where the Tigers should be fairly consistent year in and year out... it’s not just putting the team’s fortunes on a single good player every few years. 

Success like the Tigers have enjoyed the last two years tends to bring in bigger numbers of players, but it can also breed a little complacency. Hopefully that’s not the case. Realignment could also have a big impact playoff success. 

Silsbee will be soild at RB with Arline and Jones (I think that's his last name). Silsbee will need to fill the roles at WR and a few on defense with Martin and Taylor graduating. I see a 5-5 regular season and maybe 3 round playoff run depending where Carthage is place Region 2 or 3. I expect Foster to comeback stronger at the QB position. I'd love to see him run the ball a bit more out of zone read. 

21 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee will be soild at RB with Arline and Jones (I think that's his last name). Silsbee will need to fill the roles at WR and a few on defense with Martin and Taylor graduating. I see a 5-5 regular season and maybe 3 round playoff run depending where Carthage is place Region 2 or 3. I expect Foster to comeback stronger at the QB position. I'd love to see him run the ball a bit more out of zone read. 

Well, I do expect him to be better in his short throws... And overall leadership.  As far as running, he's just not that kind of athlete to burn anyone.  Now, he is over 200 lbs, so he will be good for a few yards after comtact, but I think that's it with him running...

On 1/28/2020 at 1:49 PM, BADSANTA said:

Dodd looked promising during the playoffs. He could see a lot of touches next season. Gilder should be competition at the QB spot.   

I was told there will be three freshman  QB next year that might be better than all. It was also said , this might be one of the best , if not the best classes ever, from speed to size?    That means with that good class of this year freshman at WOS, these two will be knocking heads for years to come. We should have a lot of good Football to keep up with. 

3 hours ago, Broncos2447 said:

If briscoe wasn't "competition" then Gilder won't be. 

You don’t know Gilder. Which a lot don’t because he sat out playing football his freshman and sophomore year. But he is a true QB. He was those  guys QB in jr high. He will bring more to the team than you think. He’s someone that can run and throw. Next season should be interesting. 

2 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

I was told there will be three freshman  QB next year that might be better than all. It was also said , this might be one of the best , if not the best classes ever, from speed to size?    That means with that good class of this year freshman at WOS, these two will be knocking heads for years to come. We should have a lot of good Football to keep up with. 

One things for sure Silsbee has a lot of talent coming up. Question is will they use it. Although JV didn’t look to promising. There are some freshman  that hang with the best of them. Chris Martins cousin got speed. He is just a freshman.