Silsbee 2020 Football

BADSANTA

6 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Randy Smith, Cornel Thompson, Darrell Barbay, to name 3.

What?!!!!! 

Barbray is scared of Silsbee, but not Carthage? Get outta here! 

Carthage dropping to 4A D2 is the equivalent of Newton dropping to 2A and all of the 2A schools saying “we aren’t scared.” 

Well, you’d better be. 

If the UIL sees fit to squeeze Carthage into a district that is the bi-district of mate of ours (like the “District of Doom” was before you might see Silsbee or WOS getting sent home in the first round like that loaded Tiger team from ‘16. 

The road to Jerry World runs through Carthage now, my friends. 

15 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

What?!!!!! 

Barbray is scared of Silsbee, but not Carthage? Get outta here! 

Carthage dropping to 4A D2 is the equivalent of Newton dropping to 2A and all of the 2A schools saying “we aren’t scared.” 

Well, you’d better be. 

If the UIL sees fit to squeeze Carthage into a district that is the bi-district of mate of ours (like the “District of Doom” was before you might see Silsbee or WOS getting sent home in the first round like that loaded Tiger team from ‘16. 

The road to Jerry World runs through Carthage now, my friends. 

What do you expect folks in Orange and West Orange to do, pee all over themselves now that Carthage is in 4A, DII?  That may be how the city just to the south of them reacts, but the folks in Orange are simply not built that way.

1 hour ago, WOSgrad said:

What do you expect folks in Orange and West Orange to do, pee all over themselves now that Carthage is in 4A, DII?  That may be how the city just to the south of them reacts, but the folks in Orange are simply not built that way.

All jokes aside, y'all would be 2 rings short of where you are now if you'd been in the same classification as Carthage.  

Nobody's gonna argue that.  

20 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

All jokes aside, y'all would be 2 rings short of where you are now if you'd been in the same classification as Carthage.  

Nobody's gonna argue that.  

Apparently, there are at least a few ready to argue that.

The fact is, they weren't, so WO-S is not.  WO-S plays in the classification that the UIL sees fit to put them in, and others in.  That won't change with the 2020 season.

And if the Mustangs never play in a state championship game ever again, they'll still have 3 more rings than the Cardinal football team....and 4 more than their baseball team.

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Apparently, there are at least a few ready to argue that.

The fact is, they weren't, so WO-S is not.  WO-S plays in the classification that the UIL sees fit to put them in, and others in.  That won't change with the 2020 season.

And if the Mustangs never play in a state championship game ever again, they'll still have 3 more rings than the Cardinal football team....and 4 more than their baseball team.

They’ll be moving all of that hardware to BC when the TEA takes over and puts us in charge. 

34 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

They’ll be moving all of that hardware to BC when the TEA takes over and puts us in charge. 

You have been spouting the same "TEA is gonna take over West Orange-Cove CISD" for five years now, yet nothing has happened....not even a board of managers like other area school districts.

And even if your fondest hope does occur, the UIL football champions record book for the years 1986 and 1987 under 4A and 2015 and 1016 for 4A, Division II will STILL say "West Orange-Stark." 3 more times than it says "Bridge City" in football and four more times than it says "Bridge City" in the baseball championship annals.

18 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

You have been spouting the same "TEA is gonna take over West Orange-Cove CISD" for five years now, yet nothing has happened....not even a board of managers like other area school districts.

And even if your fondest hope does occur, the UIL football champions record book for the years 1986 and 1987 under 4A and 2015 and 1016 for 4A, Division II will STILL say "West Orange-Stark." 3 more times than it says "Bridge City" in football and four more times than it says "Bridge City" in the baseball championship annals.

This is the hidden content, please

How did y’all get beat in basketball by a bunch of out-of-shape white kids last night? 

That’s an embarrassment to the sport of basketball and the African American community as a whole. 

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

How did y’all get beat in basketball by a bunch of out-of-shape white kids last night? 

That’s an embarrassment to the sport of basketball and the African American community as a whole. 

I'll let Coach Robertson come on and address whether his guys are "out of shape."  But you shouldn't be surprised, BC has beaten WO-S on the basketball court before.

Now the football field, wellllllllllllllllll...............

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

And I'll let my African American friends (I am unsure if you believe that I am, I'm not) address the racial overtones of your post.  Of course, I guess I shouldn't expect anything less from someone from Bridge City.

44 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

And I'll let my African American friends (I am unsure if you believe that I am, I'm not) address the racial overtones of your post.  Of course, I guess I shouldn't expect anything less from someone from Bridge City.

It is definitely not embarrassing to lose to a team that's majority white kids.  Basketball has many facets.  Athleticism is all but one and it's a horrible stereotype that all black kids can run and jump  better.  Actually, before I get started on this rant, I'll stop myself now.  His argument shouldn't have even had to use race.  Besides, this is the football forum.  

11 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It is definitely not embarrassing to lose to a team that's majority white kids.  Basketball has many facets.  Athleticism is all but one and it's a horrible stereotype that all black kids can run and jump  better.  Actually, before I get started on this rant, I'll stop myself now.  His argument shouldn't have even had to use race.  Besides, this is the football forum.  

Guess he never seen Vidor beat Ozen twice in a season back in the day.