Lumberton 52 Bridge City 46/FINAL

WOSgrad

Bridge City looked good in the game.  Tough physical defense and hit from deep.  They had a excellent game plan that stymied the Lumberton Players.  Lumberton players looked out of sorts until the 2 minute mark in the fourth.  Bridge City appeared in control for the majority of the game with Lumberton struggling to keep it close.  Lumberton final seemed to get things going and won it in the final 2 minutes.  The game was interesting because it was close, but for the majority of the game Bridge City simply out worked and out hustled Lumberton.  No players stood out for Lumberton, few good plays here and there.  #4 and #23 for Bridge City were stand outs for Bridge City.  Both these boys hit contested threes throughout the game.  In my opinion the Lumberton players seemed to take this one for granted as a result almost lost.  

Mitchell and his staff did everything except get on the floor play last night.  Lumberton’s three coaches worked their tails off trying to get something out of those boys.  They suited up 9, played 6.  But Mitchell was rotating those six constantly trying to find a combo that would play.  He went with a big man(wore #23, thought he’s worn #11 in the past) in the starting five which paid dividends against the bigger BC team and used a guard #4 off the bench.  I was somewhat surprised he didn’t go deeper into his bench to look for a spark as he normally goes to his 7th man (#10) who played well the last few games but received a DNP-CD.  Overall Lumberton loses this game if not for the coaching staff.  Mitchell and his staff kept the playoff hopes alive for Lumberton. 

2 hours ago, Double_Dribble said:

Bridge City looked good in the game.  Tough physical defense and hit from deep.  They had a excellent game plan that stymied the Lumberton Players.  Lumberton players looked out of sorts until the 2 minute mark in the fourth.  Bridge City appeared in control for the majority of the game with Lumberton struggling to keep it close.  Lumberton final seemed to get things going and won it in the final 2 minutes.  The game was interesting because it was close, but for the majority of the game Bridge City simply out worked and out hustled Lumberton.  No players stood out for Lumberton, few good plays here and there.  #4 and #23 for Bridge City were stand outs for Bridge City.  Both these boys hit contested threes throughout the game.  In my opinion the Lumberton players seemed to take this one for granted as a result almost lost.  

Mitchell and his staff did everything except get on the floor play last night.  Lumberton’s three coaches worked their tails off trying to get something out of those boys.  They suited up 9, played 6.  But Mitchell was rotating those six constantly trying to find a combo that would play.  He went with a big man(wore #23, thought he’s worn #11 in the past) in the starting five which paid dividends against the bigger BC team and used a guard #4 off the bench.  I was somewhat surprised he didn’t go deeper into his bench to look for a spark as he normally goes to his 7th man (#10) who played well the last few games but received a DNP-CD.  Overall Lumberton loses this game if not for the coaching staff.  Mitchell and his staff kept the playoff hopes alive for Lumberton. 

There are some really well-coached teams in that district.  In fact, there are no weak coaches in that district.  But I don’t think I’ve ever watched BC or Lumberton play under their current coaches and not come away impressed with how well they were prepared and coached.  

By the way, excellent post.  Please continue to post in this forum.