Silsbee 68 Hardin-Jefferson 65/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

First two years HJ was in a different district. Only played once each year.

With this being a realignment year wouldn’t that have only been their freshman year?  Then 3 yrs of the same district plus this one being the fourt before the new realignment?

This is the head to head since 2007:

HJ                         SIL

2007                        2                             1

2008                        2                            2

2009                        1                             2

2010                        1                             2

2011                        0                             2

2012                         1                            1

2013                         0                           2

2014                         0                           2

2015                         1                           1

2016                         0                            2

2017                         0                            2

2018                         0                            1

2019                         0                            2

2020                         0                            1

tot                             8                          23

After the teams split the first 10 games, Silsbee has won 18 of 21 and has won the last 9. (not sure who won the first game in 2015, believe it was HJ)

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

After the teams split the first 10 games, Silsbee has won 18 of 21 and has won the last 9. (not sure who won the first game in 2015, believe it was HJ)

Silsbee won in HJ and HJ won in Silsbee in 2014/15. 

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Looking back at it, HJ got half their wins (four of the eight) in first two seasons. Since then only won 4 times in 24 games.

Hawks went win less in series in 7 of those seasons (currently win less this season) while Silsbee has won at least 1 game every year in this series since 2007.

11 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

You gotta love that kid.  My personal interest is that he reminds me of my grandson.  He's going to end up about the same height and build, maybe a little taller.  He's quick and agile but he's not going to be any kind of specimen.  I'd like him to see Wirth play in a big game.  Actually I'd like to see a lot of kids 10 to 13 year olds see Wirth play.  

I remember a few years ago when Silsbee met Hudson in the Regional Semi Final.  Hudson had a kid who looked a lot like Wirth.  In warm ups I just dismissed him as just a guy that maybe gets to play from time to time.  They announce the starting line up and low and behold.  Then the the game starts and this guy proceeds to light it up.  The Tigers were just about helpless to stop him.  And he was absolutely not fast.  He was smooooooooth though.  Deceptive.  He led Hudson to a 3 point lead at the half.  The Tigers were a little shell shocked but they came out turned it on and ran way to a 19 point win.  He didn't have that much help either.  If there had been one more like him on the court for the Hornets it would have been a question. 

Remember you talking about this before.   I was impressed.   Must have really been impressed that I still remember at my age, lol.  Anyway, loved it then, and love it now.  Can’t always tell a book by the cover.   Great post.

7 hours ago, Hagar said:

Remember you talking about this before.   I was impressed.   Must have really been impressed that I still remember at my age, lol.  Anyway, loved it then, and love it now.  Can’t always tell a book by the cover.   Great post.

Hudson ran out of gas after halftime. Their game plan was working but Silsbee was just too much. Their game plan was to control tempo and get McCain in foul trouble. Which they did in first half. That scrawny red headed guard could play. Lol

I wouldn’t trade the last four years for anything.  But I have to say it’s more fun when you don’t know how it’s going to turn out.  

These two are so close that it feels like we just saw game one of a best of three mini-series. 

It’s important to win that series because the winner doesn’t face Yates till the region tourney.

It was a great game to watch, atmosphere was fantastic. Silsbee did exactly what they needed to win, I don’t know what the rebounding total for each team was, but I felt like silsbee killed HJ on the boards especially on the offensive end. If HJ can “contain” Bush again when they come back home and keep silsbee from getting so many second chance points they should win by 10 at home. When it comes to a third game at a neutral site it’s anyone’s guess as to who has the advantage. I’m just glad it’s a rivalry again, both teams will represent SETX well in the playoffs.

22 minutes ago, Wise_one said:

It was a great game to watch, atmosphere was fantastic. Silsbee did exactly what they needed to win, I don’t know what the rebounding total for each team was, but I felt like silsbee killed HJ on the boards especially on the offensive end. If HJ can “contain” Bush again when they come back home and keep silsbee from getting so many second chance points they should win by 10 at home. When it comes to a third game at a neutral site it’s anyone’s guess as to who has the advantage. I’m just glad it’s a rivalry again, both teams will represent SETX well in the playoffs.

Silsbee has won 9 in a row and 18 of the last 21. Not sure it's a rivalry! 

3 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I know Yates is the real deal but whoever advances out of this district as the #1 seed will be making a mistake to overlook Lufkin Hudson or Huffman.

Or #10 La Marque, or #11 Connally, or #15 Waxahachie Life, or #22 Palestine or Mexia (who just beat Palestine) or Midlothian Heritage or Carthage or Jasper.

9 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I know Yates is the real deal but whoever advances out of this district as the #1 seed will be making a mistake to overlook Lufkin Hudson or Huffman.

I see Yates and then Connally being the favorites. But they should play each other before regional finals. But anything can happen. 

54 minutes ago, no-look said:

I see Yates and then Connally being the favorites. But they should play each other before regional finals. But anything can happen. 

If Waco Connally wins their district (district 18) they would not see Yates until the Regional Finals. Connally would face Silsbee in the Regional Semi if Silsbee wins their district. We