Silsbee vs Hardin Jefferson Hardin County Havoc

BADSANTA

6 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

I don't understand the logic of the "overrated" chant.  If you best a highly ranked team that is in reality overrated then, well, okay.  But if you beat a highly ranked team that deserves their ranking then it makes what you did look much better.  Maybe the logic is simply that high school kids can just be crass from time to time even when it makes no sense.  Looking back I suppose I'd have to plead guilty myself.

But I also don't understand why HJ is not ranked.  We may find out on the court tomorrow that the Hawks are actually better than the Tigers.  Wouldn't surprise me one little bit.  If that happens I'll be chanting "Underrated" and I'll be the Hawks biggest fan if they get a shot at Yates. 

Naturally I want the Tigers to always win.  But lately there's this new dynamic that's sort of the subtext of Region 3 and it's 22-4A vs. Jack Yates and it really doesn't matter which 22-4A team stops them as long as somebody does.  Last year they beat both of us and I hated that.  Certainly there's nobody in their own district, 23 that can remotely challenge them.  17 and 18 are pretty strong but really 22 is the best shot the region has of stopping the Magnetic Lions.  Hey, that's pretty good.  That's what I'm calling them from now on, the Magnetic Lions.  Wait, I'm being crass aren't I.  Oops.  

Yes we all want to knock off yates,  but I know those at Hj want to knock off the Tigers just as bad if not even worse after the last few years.  They may just have that extra “want to” that i hope mysterious  Tigers have. 

22 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Yes we all want to knock off yates,  but I know those at Hj want to knock off the Tigers just as bad if not even worse after the last few years.  They may just have that extra “want to” that i hope mysterious  Tigers have. 

And that controversial no call last year at the buzzer is still fresh in their memories.  I don't remember the name of the young man but he just might have hit all three to force OT.  But it was not to be.  Then in the rematch at Silsbee the Tigers put on a clinic in the first half and built a 43 to 18 lead at the end of 2.  Last year was painful for them.

This time though the matchup frankly looks to be in HJ's favor.  This is by far the best shot they've had in years.

25 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

And that controversial no call last year at the buzzer is still fresh in their memories.  I don't remember the name of the young man but he just might have hit all three to force OT.  But it was not to be.  Then in the rematch at Silsbee the Tigers put on a clinic in the first half and built a 43 to 18 lead at the end of 2.  Last year was painful for them.

This time though the matchup frankly looks to be in HJ's favor.  This is by far the best shot they've had in years.

After reading this thread it appears that this is a statement game for HJ, win on the road and it’s a big confidence builders for the next time they met at HJ. HJ loss tomorrow and it will be the same old story in district play “Silsbee District Champs” 

18 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

They had a Jr last year that was 6'6. He returns, I'm pretty sure. That was it besides their main big last season. Don't know what they look like this year.

#22 Samaha is their starting post. He's about '6"3. He is very skilled and just flat out works others down low. I am very impressed with him. My favorite on the Hawk team.

They do have a '6"6 that comes off the bench and gives them quality minutes.

38 minutes ago, no-look said:

Haven’t seen Silsbee this year. Saw HJ play at Lufkin and they looked solid. Lost by four I think but game could have went either way. The key for HJ is to keep Bush under thirty which will be very difficult. Should be a good one. AAW, what’s the line on this one? 

Silsbee -5

18 hours ago, whsalum said:

I don’t remember who played for the Tigers but the HJ team captained by Ryan Donahoe was one of the best high school rivalries I’ve seen. The battle at the regional tournament that year was a fans dream. 

Yes sir for sure. I was a sophomore that year and didn’t play much. That HJ team was good and Donahoe was really really good. Silsbee had William Harper, Terrance Jones, Terrance Lewis, sophomore Shannon Robinson, etc. Silsbee was loaded that year also 

8 minutes ago, Coach 01 said:

Around 2008-2009 Silsbee had a guy that came off the bench and could flat out stroke it. He didn't play a ton of minutes, but when he got in the game, the defense better adjust or he would explode. He was probably the "X-Factor" that other teams didn't plan for, but they learned real quick.

Lol you are childish!!! Silsbee was loaded most of those years 

51 minutes ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

Yes sir for sure. I was a sophomore that year and didn’t play much. That HJ team was good and Donahoe was really really good. Silsbee had William Harper, Terrance Jones, Terrance Lewis, sophomore Shannon Robinson, etc. Silsbee was loaded that year also 

If remember correctly, that was the year Donahoe was 3-a player of the year

Y'all better get their early around 5:30 .... If you want to get a seat...  Silsbee has early release today at 1:00 ... Silsbee will have their side pack and probably haft of the other side... They will probably haft to lock the doors for this one like years ago... Should be a good one tonight .. Go get'em Tigers .. 

1 hour ago, Coach 01 said:

Around 2008-2009 Silsbee had a guy that came off the bench and could flat out stroke it. He didn't play a ton of minutes, but when he got in the game, the defense better adjust or he would explode. He was probably the "X-Factor" that other teams didn't plan for, but they learned real quick.

Maybe Brady Byers? 

25 minutes ago, Who That said:

Y'all better get their early around 5:30 .... If you want to get a seat...  Silsbee has early release today at 1:00 ... Silsbee will have their side pack and probably haft of the other side... They will probably haft to lock the doors for this one like years ago... Should be a good one tonight .. Go get'em Tigers .. 

Man back in the day it was so packed. So live!! Hope to see it get back that way