Silsbee vs Hardin Jefferson Hardin County Havoc

BADSANTA

1 hour ago, JimThorpe said:

Is it a snub that HJ isn’t in the TABC top 25?   I’ll bet that most of us who are following 22-4A call this game between HJ and the No. 14 Tigers a toss up.

Good question.  I really dont know if it is a snub or not.  Looking at HJs schedule, there is no victory over a “big time” team but all of their losses are to quality teams.  Now there are a few games both on the win and loss side that i am not real familiar with the opponents so thise could be exceptions. With that said, the same is true for Tigers, for the most part.  Although we have a questionable loss or two, but we also didnt have a full team for much of  the schedule.  We were ranked that early part of the season especially more out of respect and expectations definitely not on results. And since then have pretty much stayed where we were.   I am not sure we have played up to that ranking yet.

23 minutes ago, GuWop1122 said:

HJ by at least 10. Maxpreps says HJ played Nederland PA and BH to close games. PA smacked silsbee and nederland would too. HJ will be ranked when they take this one like they should. 

Hard to compare those games when Hj played nederland close Hefner wasnt yest playing,  then they lost to Nederland by alittle over 20 when he was.  The Tigers beat nederland with him.  The PA game Silsbee was still playing football.  I expect a game that could go either way.  But if either of these teams get on a roll a decent margin(10 or 15 pts) wouldnt really surprise me. Anything more than that Would be suprising to me.

6 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Almost a completely different Silsbee team now from when they played PA. Don't know how many times that can be repeated.

Silsbee beat Nederland. Don't know what the "would" smack Silsbee around is about 🙄

His first mistake was to go to Maxpreps for accurate game results when he could have just looked on this forum for those results. smh

Tells me all I need to know about his knowledge of predicting a result for this game.

36 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I am here Santa.  What do you want me to say?

You have been pretty quit here for the last 5 years or so. I've been wondering if you were still around. This board is better when HJ and Silsbee are close to equal lol! It wont lasting but this year and maybe next, I expect to see you more on here. 

20 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

You have been pretty quit here for the last 5 years or so. I've been wondering if you were still around. This board is better when HJ and Silsbee are close to equal lol! It wont lasting but this year and maybe next, I expect to see you more on here. 

Tigers have owned the series in recent times and thus, there is little to talk about.  It would appear that you and many of your Silsbee brethren are predicting another dominant team coming soon.  Maybe, maybe not.  These things run in cycles.  It was not that long ago that the Silsbee girls were also very dominant followed by a down period and now they seem to be on the rise again.  I have learned that predicting is not very easy as evidenced by the last Presidential election when all of the "experts" said Mrs. Clinton had an absolute lock on the election.   If you look at last nights scores, Clemson beat Duke.  I wonder how many experts prognosticated that one?  Same for the recent victories of the Cleveland Cavaliers over the Denver Nuggets and last night win by Memphis Grizzlies over Houston Rockets.

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Important stuff here.  What is the projected dunk count of this game?

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Important stuff here.  What is the projected dunk count of this game?

I am going to guess the dunk count will be either 0-0 or 1-0 for HJ with the former being the more likely.

5 hours ago, stevenash said:

Tigers have owned the series in recent times and thus, there is little to talk about.  It would appear that you and many of your Silsbee brethren are predicting another dominant team coming soon.  Maybe, maybe not.  These things run in cycles.  It was not that long ago that the Silsbee girls were also very dominant followed by a down period and now they seem to be on the rise again.  I have learned that predicting is not very easy as evidenced by the last Presidential election when all of the "experts" said Mrs. Clinton had an absolute lock on the election.   If you look at last nights scores, Clemson beat Duke.  I wonder how many experts prognosticated that one?  Same for the recent victories of the Cleveland Cavaliers over the Denver Nuggets and last night win by Memphis Grizzlies over Houston Rockets.

The next Tiger class could be better than the state teams👀. AJ Hawk, Atlanta Hawks, Hawkeye, Tigers by 4!!!

I believe these two teams are pretty equal. Each team has a strength over the other. Both are well coached.

I will not be surprised with a win be either team. Only thing that will surprise me is a team winning by more than 15.

I have to give Silsbee the slight edge because of one thing. A player named Bush.

6 hours ago, stevenash said:

Don’t be afraid to look bad.  Never stopped me ;)  I predicted the last Silsbee class (while they are in jr high) would lose no more than 3 district games in 4 years and even with a big asterisk on one, they didn’t.   I will predict this series will split this year; we will see.   Regardless, I think we will see a more evenly balanced rivalry this year.  

I will also go out on a limb and say if any Silsbee class beats the four year results of the one that graduated last year, they haven’t been born yet.