Lumberton 60 Dallardsville Big Sandy 50/FINAL

WOSgrad

23 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

How did lumberton look ?

Lumberton looked solid.  First of all Mitchell looked more like well Mitchell.  To steal someone’s comment “he was living and dying on every play”.  Makes me wonder if he was under the weather during the LCM game.  

Lumberton suited up 10 players, playing primarily 7.  They appeared to mix and match those 7 more frequently than in previous games, including while the game was close.  Lumberton started #11 at center.  He’s a 6’3”-ish strong kid.  He’s raw however is defensive minded quick and a good rebounder.  They rotated in #4 and #10. #4 started previously, he’s an offensive first guard, above average shooter and can slash.  #10 is around 6’1” G/F, it looked like they played him at C too last night, he’s a long defense first scrappy player that did a lot of the “little things” very good perimeter defender that wasn’t afraid to be physical; blocking out, crashing the boards, rebounding, etc  

Big Sandy kept it close during the first quarter.  Lumberton made a good run in the second quarter they held that lead through the second half.  #4 and #10 were on the floor during the offense run.  They didn’t do the scoring but #4 did a good job handling the ball, moving the ball around the perimeter from the point, and finding the open guy.  #10 set numerous key screens freeing scorers, cleared the lane blocking out, and had some good offensive rebounds & tip outs to keep the offense alive.  Both 4 and 10 spaced the floor well opening it up for the scorers, and neither forced unnecessary shots that would reduce shot attempts from Lumberton’s 4 primary scorers.  McClure and Bridgers led the Raiders on the stat line front.  McClure had good touch on his shots, good shot selection, and rebounding while Bridgers showed a good first step with the ball and coming off screens, he shot well in paint and from the perimeter.  
Big Sandy is a good squad.  They have some very good shooters.  They play very fundamentally sound executing a pick & roll and pick & pop offense well.  Defensively they are relatively quick and are physical.  I thought they play hard.  
Mitchell and his a assistances coached and manage the game well.  Their change in player rotation kept their team fresh. They have a strong core of four players, peppering in the other 3 Players (4, 10, 11) in a rotation format as they did last night should give them the stability going forward.  Mitchell in combination with his assistants(both could be head coaches) apparently lit a fire under those boys behinds after coming out flat against LCM.  

19 minutes ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

Pretty in depth write up.  Who do you think ends up getting in the playoffs from this district?

That’s a great question, but I can’t make an educated assessment because I haven’t seen WOS or BC play.  Obviously you got Silsbee and HJ, and as of right now LCM, Lumberton, WOS, and BC are vying for the last 2 spots.  I don’t mean to short change HF, just in my opinion they are a year away, with their style of play in addition to returning key varsity players and that kid on their JV will make the horns a tough team next year.  

I haven’t seen HF this year yet but from all reports they are right in the playoff mix. WOS has the athleticism to give the Raiders some problems. BC is an interesting club because they can get hot and fill it up. LCM has Jeffcoat so they will always be prepared. The last two spots in this district are a coin toss. 

14 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I haven’t seen HF this year yet but from all reports they are right in the playoff mix. WOS has the athleticism to give the Raiders some problems. BC is an interesting club because they can get hot and fill it up. LCM has Jeffcoat so they will always be prepared. The last two spots in this district are a coin toss. 

I didn’t realize HF beat BC.  So yes i agree HF is in the mix.