Arthur Louis 2nd retirement

zeroturn

Shouldn't have never been given the opportunity to be the head coach at United in the first place.  He didn't have the energy to do the job and that came out of his mouth before he was given the job.  But he belonged to THAT church in Beaumont and one thing they do is look out for each other over there.  So happy for the kids on my side of the freeway to be moving on from this.  Hopefully the AD does what's best for the kids this time around because like i told him in conversation, he failed at that with his last hire.  Give our kids the same opportunity as you do the ones on the other side of the freeway...

United needed more.  Yes, he did a good job being a disciplinary type coach and he did improve between his second year, but you can clearly see that the game passed him by. BISD made a bad decision turning away more qualified applicants initially.  Hopefully, they do it right this time.  I personally don't know Coach Lewis and have never interacted with him,  but @Alpha Wolf has and I believe him as far as lack of energy toward our kids.  Need someone with the fire, dedication , and energy for this program.  No excuse to not being in a decent coach.  Facilities are here.  Athletes are here.  ALso, the Ozen/Central debacle is pretty minimum now.  On to off-season  football and let's see how this pans out...

Just now, ozens fastest@1906 said:

ALPHA WOLF, what CHURCH are you referring too and when has a church ever had enough influence over who is hired as a Football Coach and also who are some of your qualified candidates that you would have loved to seen get the position..

Antioch.  That's where our Superintendent goes and a majority of our administration goes.  It's where Louis goes from what I'm told...

57 minutes ago, ozens fastest@1906 said:

ALPHA WOLF, what CHURCH are you referring too and when has a church ever had enough influence over who is hired as a Football Coach and also who are some of your qualified candidates that you would have loved to seen get the position..

54 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Antioch.  That's where our Superintendent goes and a majority of our administration goes.  It's where Louis goes from what I'm told...

He answered the church part for me and you'd be surprised bro how much influence goes on in Beaumont because of this church. 

For the 2nd part of your question, nobody in particular.  AL didn't even apply for the position but they went and sought him out.  They THOUGHT he was the right man for the job.  I noticed that a lot of Ozen faithful thought so as well, unlike the Central alumni.  There was a list of 70 applicants (meaning people that actually wanted the job), with various amounts of experience from guys that would have been first time head coaches to guys that had won state titles.  I feel the majority of the guys on that list could have went 7-13 over the 2 year span but most would have done better and made the playoffs at least one year if not both.  I didn't start this topic but I'm glad the AL era is over with...   

3 minutes ago, Alpha Wolf said:

He answered the church part for me and you'd be surprised bro how much influence goes on in Beaumont because of this church.  For the 2nd part of your question, AL didn't even apply for the position but they went and sought him out.  They THOUGHT he was the right man for the job.  I noticed that a lot of Ozen faithful thought so as well, unlike the Central alumni.  There was a list of 70 applicants (meaning people that actually wanted the job), with various amounts of experience from guys that would have been first time head coaches to guys that had won state titles.  I feel the majority of the guys on that list could have went 7-13 over the 2 year span but most would have done better and made the playoffs at least one year if not both.  I didn't start this topic but I'm glad the AL era is over with...   

Let's cut to the bone here. The real reason why Arthur was hired was because BISD did not want to let any current assistants go. They told applicants that they could not bring in their own staff. If hired, they had to work with the current assistant coaching staff. Most legit applicants then decided to withdraw their applications leaving BISD only a select few to hire from.

I will be curious to see what happens with this hire. Will someone outside be hired and will he be allowed to fill his own staff?

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Let's cut to the bone here. The real reason why Arthur was hired was because BISD did not want to let any current assistants go. They told applicants that they could not bring in their own staff. If hired, they had to work with the current assistant coaching staff. Most legit applicants then decided to withdraw their applications leaving BISD only a select few to hire from.

I will be curious to see what happens with this hire. Will someone outside be hired and will he be allowed to fill his own staff?

Ey, no one danced around this at all.  It was stated on here many times that the current coaches will be utilized in matter what and many applicants walked away after being told that.  That's why I said BISD didn't handle it right the last time and hope they 'do it right' this go around...

If Bmt. United wants to move towards the modern era of FB with an explosive Offense, they should hire Brandon Craus. When he left Dayton as OC like 7 years ago, they were a very good Offense that scored well over 30+ pts every game. Then he left and went up to Groveton as AD/HC and in less than 1 year turned that program around and went on an Offensive Explosion there too. I believe he ended up sending like 3 kids from a 2A school into college to play. 

I would love to see him at a school where he has lots of athletes to choose from and great facilities. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Go-rilla said:

How is this already a done deal if it is still open?

From the principals mouth and one of the applicants, interviews started this past Tuesday.  The position posted Thursday, January 9th and closes tonight Monday, January 27th at midnight.  So it's very possible that what Texas Sports is saying is true.  I do know they are supposed to have a round of interviews with select applicants and then a 2nd round for a select few finalist.

On 1/15/2020 at 9:08 PM, Football Freak said:

If Bmt. United wants to move towards the modern era of FB with an explosive Offense, they should hire Brandon Craus. When he left Dayton as OC like 7 years ago, they were a very good Offense that scored well over 30+ pts every game. Then he left and went up to Groveton as AD/HC and in less than 1 year turned that program around and went on an Offensive Explosion there too. I believe he ended up sending like 3 kids from a 2A school into college to play. 

I would love to see him at a school where he has lots of athletes to choose from and great facilities. 

Are you talking about United?

• 2 weeks later...
This is the hidden content, please

Look for Beaumont United to hire a new HFC in the next week or so...my sources say a current DFW area assistant Coach from a powerful program