Top Five boys scorers in SE Texas high school varsity basketball

BStOG

4 hours ago, kingjames said:

Really don’t understand what you saying seems like you think it’s so easy to do what he is doing things that hasn’t been done in a long time I definitely don’t see any of your top guns doing it a few times let alone consistently doing it 

Well, you have a point with consistancy.   Since you said it like that.  I do see a couple of the others on my list being able to score tons of points on this Tigers team though..  probably not as consistent as Bray...

18 hours ago, rupert3 said:

Ok and what does that mean good or bad.  Leggett for instance is Class A and has played only 1 Class A school so far this year.  How do we read that.  Just curious.

SCORER

Are we talking about ppg or someone’s ability to score.

someone can play a weak schedule and avg 30.... 

someone can play a tough schedule and avg 18

someone can play on a weak team and shoot the ball 30 to 35 times and make 10 to 15 and still avg 30 (3s, ft)

someone can have teammates that can score as well and he only shoot the ball 10. To 15 times and have a 65% fg

also nothing against leggett or any other small school.  I went to one and so do my kids.  % wise b-ball scholarships are offered to larger school players More than small school players (It’s a proven fact) = competition difference.  Yes there are exceptions to that.  

Bush from silsbee is an example. Middle size school but plays against tough competition every year and avgs well over 30.

another example of an exception is gray land Arnold from kountze who is now at Baylor(football) anD just declared for nfl draft.

its all in your definition of a SCORER

since u replied to my comment. In your honest opinion without bias would said player from leggett be able to score the same against much tougher and larger school competition?

i ve never seen him play so I cannot judge or compare his abilities to others.

and in no way am I trying to shed negative light on the kids accomplishments. 

if we re comparing top five scorers in area? As in the ability to get a bucket however whenever consistently against any type of competition( H.s vs h.s, )

would said player be in the top 5 In area?  

1 minute ago, 5GallonBucket said:

SCORER

Are we talking about ppg or someone’s ability to score.

someone can play a weak schedule and avg 30.... 

someone can play a tough schedule and avg 18

someone can play on a weak team and shoot the ball 30 to 35 times and make 10 to 15 and still avg 30 (3s, ft)

someone can have teammates that can score as well and he only shoot the ball 10. To 15 times and have a 65% fg

also nothing against leggett or any other small school.  I went to one and so do my kids.  % wise b-ball scholarships are offered to larger school players More than small school players (It’s a proven fact) = competition difference.  Yes there are exceptions to that.  

Bush from silsbee is an example. Middle size school but plays against tough competition every year and avgs well over 30.

another example of an exception is gray land Arnold from kountze who is now at Baylor(football) anD just declared for nfl draft.

its all in your definition of a SCORER

since u replied to my comment. In your honest opinion without bias would said player from leggett be able to score the same against much tougher and larger school competition?

i ve never seen him play so I cannot judge or compare his abilities to others.

and in no way am I trying to shed negative light on the kids accomplishments. 

if we re comparing top five scorers in area? As in the ability to get a bucket however whenever consistently against any type of competition( H.s vs h.s, )

would said player be in the top 5 In area?  

I would say he would be in the conversation.

I have seen him play and he is legit. Leggett has played up all season.

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

He really have to though.  He'll  have to score a bunch especially when the playoffs start, which I know he can.  That's the only way Silsbee will compete.  

Cartwright can put up alot of points to. He has hit the 50 mark a couple of games him self in the past and Martin is just playing beastly... And well Bush is just something special.. Won't be another young man drop 65 on a very good team like Bush did again this year unless its Bush again. That's how good Bray" Bray" Bush is.

3 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Thank you for your input. I figured you would have seen him play as well as many others to make a comparison.

whose your top 5 scorers(not necessarily ppg) in area?

Well, I decided a few years ago to not rank individual players. Not worth the grief that comes with it. I will leave those things to the experts (aka Jim Hicks, Doug Jones, etc.).

I am asked privately all the time to rank players on this site but I refuse to go down that rabbit hole.

I will gladly talk to you privately (face to face) and tell you my thoughts on who is in my top 5.

Again, I have no problem ranking teams. Players? Heck no!!

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Well, I decided a few years ago to not rank individual players. Not worth the grief that comes with it. I will leave those things to the experts (aka Jim Hicks, Doug Jones, etc.).

I am asked privately all the time to rank players on this site but I refuse to go down that rabbit hole.

I will gladly talk to you privately (face to face) and tell you my thoughts on who is in my top 5.

Again, I have no problem ranking teams. Players? Heck no!!

I respect that and completely understand

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

2009. Silsbee went to state tourney in 2008.

And you need to stop reminding me of that game.

Jasper doesn't have much of a basketball tradition and I was as shocked by that game as you guys were. Having said that, what they're doing in both basketball programs this year is impressive.