Vidor 46 Barbers Hill 66/FINAL

WOSgrad

2 hours ago, BH85 said:

Foul count was 10-4 favor of Vidor in 2nd half

Very poorly officiated game 10-4 fouls one way in the first half, then 10-4 the other way in the second. Amazing how could that possibly be, not that it decided anything. You guys clearly outshot is in the second and fourth quarter. Good luck going forward.

Foul count difference was probably what it should be. BH drove more in first half and went down to post thus more opportunities for contact. BH shot way more 3s in 2nd half. Vidor was shooting more from outside to start the game and drove and dished to bigs more late in game.

23 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

I ve seen a lot of basketball in my time as a player and a coach.   Bh and hj have some of the worst home cooking I ve ever seen. 

Almost as bad as Beaumont. Lol

Fans get too wrapped up in thinking refs cheat other teams. 99% of the time it's just refs calling tighter or looser than you want. What's worse is when you hear parents tell their kids they had to play 5 against 8.  That just gives little Johnnie an excuse for losing. Forget the fact he had a bunch of turnovers or missed free throws. Our fans wanted to blame out PA loss on the Beaumont refs. Nevermind that PA outplayed us and we shot horribly. We have to blame someone, so just say the refs blew it. 

47 minutes ago, BH85 said:

Almost as bad as Beaumont. Lol

Fans get too wrapped up in thinking refs cheat other teams. 99% of the time it's just refs calling tighter or looser than you want. What's worse is when you hear parents tell their kids they had to play 5 against 8.  That just gives little Johnnie an excuse for losing. Forget the fact he had a bunch of turnovers or missed free throws. Our fans wanted to blame out PA loss on the Beaumont refs. Nevermind that PA outplayed us and we shot horribly. We have to blame someone, so just say the refs blew it. 

I’m not a fan.  I’m just a student of the game that likes to watch basketball and for the last several years with no Dog in the fight I still can see home cooking. 

Couldn’t agree more about the highlighted part