Dayton is interviewing

RidinTheRange

14 minutes ago, Bandwagon Ranger said:

He was under contract. He was going to get paid next year no matter what. 

I doubt he comes back after this year.

Hope you are correct but word is he's here for the long haul. I think if he was only here for a year they would have placed him as an assistant principle or such so they could offer the AD and HC as a package. JMO

8 minutes ago, Red Boyou said:

Hope you are correct but word is he's here for the long haul. I think if he was only here for a year they would have placed him as an assistant principle or such so they could offer the AD and HC as a package. JMO

It would be surprising if a district the size of Dayton had an AD only position. We will see I guess.

Major major major hire for Dayton! Don’t see how a guy like Blake Ware takes this job if it doesn’t eventually lead to the AD position also. Nations is just probably under contract for another year or so? Either way, this is how get back into the game. That’s assuming Dayton doesn’t Dayton the situation up and not him to hire the staff he needs. 

New Caney used to be awful. Coach Pennington gets all the credit for turning them into what they are now, as he should, but in my opinion the real architect behind NC’s rebuild was Ware. He was mostly responsible for getting kids like his son Timmy Ware, Marte Allison and others to transfer with him from St. Pius X and begin the NC turnaround. Mix that with the growth in that area and NC is what you see now. Wouldn’t at all be surprised to see Ware still call plays as head coach, which is somewhat common these days. 

I think Dayton has a good chance to retain him long term if given the AD position because they’ll be more than willing to offer competitive compensation if they start really winning again. From Coach Ware’s standpoint you’re going to be at a school where you can build a perennial powerhouse in your classification. I think Dayton is going to get to play in 5A-D2 for quite some time which is going to help coach Ware immensely in rebuilding the program. 

Again, Coach Ware needs to be able to hire the guys he wants. If he’s allowed to, I expect Dayton to be back in the playoffs and maybe even competing for district championships within a couple of years. It’s also dependent on him being able to increase the participation rates again, which is something that’s usually a given when a losing regime leaves. I’m pleased with our coach now, but this is the type hire I wouldn’t have mind seeing Crosby make when they were searching. Congrats Dayton fans, better times are coming of your system doesn’t get in the way.