Nederland 52 Port Neches-Groves 46/FINAL

PNG was very gritty and never went away. Shot the deep ball very well and played with more energy than the more talented Dogs. Ned led most of the way, but it was the sloppiest I’ve seen them this season. Coach Smith had a good game plan and the kids bought in. I agree with the guy that said the officiating was bad. Especially the technical call on Jackson for hanging on the rim on the dunk in the final minute. It wasn’t blatant and at the end of a rivalry game I think you gotta let that go. Hefner got mauled most of the night and very few fouls were called. Good performance by PNG. I think they will make the playoffs. I think Ned needs to clean it up a bit if we are gonna compete with Memorial and BH though.

9 hours ago, Hagar said:

Bad aggravated me, but those guys are necessary to have a game.  But Biased officiating puts my bp into the danger zone.  😡

They failed to control the game and we are lucky things did not get out of hand or someone hurt.

The Beaumont area has to have the worst Basketball and Football officials in the state.  

14 hours ago, jake94 said:

PNG was very gritty and never went away. Shot the deep ball very well and played with more energy than the more talented Dogs. Ned led most of the way, but it was the sloppiest I’ve seen them this season. Coach Smith had a good game plan and the kids bought in. I agree with the guy that said the officiating was bad. Especially the technical call on Jackson for hanging on the rim on the dunk in the final minute. It wasn’t blatant and at the end of a rivalry game I think you gotta let that go. Hefner got mauled most of the night and very few fouls were called. Good performance by PNG. I think they will make the playoffs. I think Ned needs to clean it up a bit if we are gonna compete with Memorial and BH though.

Nederland and Memorial should be a great game to watch as a fan of the game. The Bulldogs should handle BH pretty easily.