Lumberton 53 Hamshire-Fannett 46/FINAL

10 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I will just say he needs to be more consistent.  But top 5 is an understatement.  

I’ve been watching this kid for years and no doubt he’s a good ball player. He’s got some height and has a pretty touch on his shot. Never saw him really mix it up on the boards or the defensive end. That’s the thing about ranking players, everyone looks for different skill sets. There’s some pretty good basketball players scattered around this district.

15 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Lol, here we go, come on coach23, coach Mitchell has those boys playing hard!!!! 

Boys do play hard. No doubt about that. Just saying some kids don't respond to all the yelling and screaming at them. 

McClure a lot better in 2nd half once he got off him some. 

Depth will be issue going forward. Playing 6 kids will be tough all district long.  Good luck to boys

3 hours ago, Coach #23 said:

Boys do play hard. No doubt about that. Just saying some kids don't respond to all the yelling and screaming at them. 

McClure a lot better in 2nd half once he got off him some. 

Depth will be issue going forward. Playing 6 kids will be tough all district long.  Good luck to boys

That's what concerns me with Lumberton. They only played 6 and that 6th man only played about 2 minutes in 2nd half (played some in 1st half). In fact, Lumberton did not make a substitution until the 5 minute mark of the 4th Q in 2nd half. This will probably cost the Raiders some wins.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

That's what concerns me with Lumberton. They only played 6 and that 6th man only played about 2 minutes in 2nd half (played some in 1st half). In fact, Lumberton did not make a substitution until the 5 minute mark of the 4th Q in 2nd half. This will probably cost the Raiders some wins.

Well one of our boys that played just a few minutes first quarter and some second half is getting over the flu. 

Imo, Ltown had more depth last year, but more experience at several key positions this year.  Schedule probably softer, but still, they’re playing some good ball.  No doubt they’ll be in the thick of things for a playoff spot, and should get one.

8 hours ago, Hagar said:

Imo, Ltown had more depth last year, but more experience at several key positions this year.  Schedule probably softer, but still, they’re playing some good ball.  No doubt they’ll be in the thick of things for a playoff spot, and should get one.

I don’t really think the schedule is softer. 

3 hours ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

I don’t really think the schedule is softer. 

Last year the Raiders played in the Hardin Jefferson Hoops Classic.  This year they switched to the Anahuac Tournament.  Not really a comparison between the two.  But that’s just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

they played in Nederland tourney instead of HJ. 

Wasn't the same week. Ned tourney was week before HJ tourney. Anahuac tourney was same week as HJ.

Lumberton played Big Sandy, HJ and Woodville tourney's last year.

Played Nederland, Anahuac and Woodville tourneys this year.

The Raiders have played some good ball clubs this year. Coach Mitchell does a good job with them. I haven’t seen them this year but I know they’ll shoot it pretty well. Not sure who they have playing in the backcourt or how quick they are. Of course everyone looks a half step slow against the young man over in Silsbee. 

4 hours ago, whsalum said:

The Raiders have played some good ball clubs this year. Coach Mitchell does a good job with them. I haven’t seen them this year but I know they’ll shoot it pretty well. Not sure who they have playing in the backcourt or how quick they are. Of course everyone looks a half step slow against the young man over in Silsbee. 

Yes they have, and played well.  My point, they went 2-4 in the HJ Tourney last year, and 5-0 at Anahuac.   Personally, based on Ltowns Basketball history, the HJ Tournament was a reach.  

And yes, Silsbee gonna Silsbee.  Maybe not quite as past years, but in District, they’ll still be a force.

19 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

They beat goose creek, bay city, Tarkington, Anahuac at that tourney.  Goose and bay city aren’t bad from my knowledge but who knows, they went 3-2 in Nederland tourney and that’s a good tourney right? 

Goose Creek was a Big win.  The other two, not much.   

Just to clarify again, I think the Raiders, especially for Ltown basketball, is a very good team.  Jmo that the schedule is a tad softer this year.  And I alluded to the fact that, based on Ltown history, the HJ Tourney last year was reaching a bit high.  And yes, Coach Mitchell is doing a great job there.  

9 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Lumberton could make the playoffs. I believe they made it last year. I dont see anyone going undefeated this year. 

I’d think they’re almost a cinch for the playoffs.  Only possible stumbling block would be a key injury.  Even then, maybe.