Silsbee 80 Bridge City 71/FINAL

I have seen the 8th grade team in Silsbee play. They are not as tall as I might have anticipated they would be this year but they are very mature with solid bodies. Several of them have bodies that remind me of what Jaylon Williams looked like last year. Very physical. They do have a lot of skill. Hopefully at least one of them will grow to a height above 6'5" (you never know) Then the team would have three big guys (Williams, Jones and whoever) for the next three years. The best thing about the 8th graders is their depth. This group probably has 7 or 8 good players. 

I certainly would not worry about them. They will be good. 

16 hours ago, scoopno1 said:

I have seen the 8th grade team in Silsbee play. They are not as tall as I might have anticipated they would be this year but they are very mature with solid bodies. Several of them have bodies that remind me of what Jaylon Williams looked like last year. Very physical. They do have a lot of skill. Hopefully at least one of them will grow to a height above 6'5" (you never know) Then the team would have three big guys (Williams, Jones and whoever) for the next three years. The best thing about the 8th graders is their depth. This group probably has 7 or 8 good players. 

I certainly would not worry about them. They will be good. 

8th graders grow. McCain was like 5'8 and grew to 6'4. I anticipate the Miller young man to get to 6'3 or so. 

18 minutes ago, no-look said:

I would ask how the Yates 8th grade looks but it would be irrelevant. Probably be replaced by the communications program.  Lol. 

Yates gets players from more than one middle school.  I am sure they have to battle for the top talent with Lamar HS, Bellaire, and the top private schools that are around the area.  

19 hours ago, no-look said:

I would ask how the Yates 8th grade looks but it would be irrelevant. Probably be replaced by the communications program.  Lol. 

Don't forget the sea captains!  Lots of tall athletic kids want to be sea captains.

I'm kidding of course.  Several high schools are involved in the maritime program and it's totally legit and commendable.