Silsbee 80 Bridge City 71/FINAL

17 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

I thought Bridge City was supposed to have a respectable squad this year.

Score shouldn't be that surprising, so long as they didn't actually win. The new Williams kids makes, I think, 3 freshman on this Tiger team now. Man were getting young.

Is he a freshman? Didnt realize that.

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Jones and Williams are the only freshman

23 is a freshman that was playing even before we added the football players. Has or had still been on the varsity and was starting before the football players and I believe has in a game or two since they started playing.

3 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

23 is Harper.

He still starts sometimes. He started all the games for the little kitten version of Silsbee.

Wasn't sure if they moved him down to JV so he could get more playing time or not.

Not unless it was done recently.  I wasn’t in Dallas and of course didn’t get to see todays game.  

2 minutes ago, AxeEm said:

And BC started 4 underclassmen.  What’s your point?  You’re best player (by far) is a senior.   BC will be the favorite in this game next year at BC.   

I think his post was to correct me. I thought Silsbee only had two freshmen on varsity, not four. I stand corrected. Nothing really to do with BC.

I would say the best two players are seniors (Bush, Martin).

I do agree that next year will be the year to "get" Silsbee. But I did notice that Silsbee JV did beat BC JV by 40.

54 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee or HJ will win district with BC and Lumberton coming in 3rd and 4th. I would feel better about Silsbee if they still had Cartwright and Harmon making it Regionals. We could be 3rd round max now. We shall see. 

I can see Silsbee and HJ playing three times this year...🤷🏻‍♂️

It is possible that Silsbee has the two best players in the District in Bush and Martin. I believe the coaches are working hard to find plays who can play roles to make the team successful. It would not surprise me if some of those players do not develop more in the next two months than any other players in the district because there are specific roles that need to be filled.