*DALLAS ISD TOURNAMENT*/Post updates here

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

You sure about that?  I know he didn’t finish his middle school years at Silsbee.  But I was sure he began playing middle school ball in the same class with the Adams, McCain, and Tyler group.  

It's my understanding he began his 7th grade year at Silsbee when Adams, etc. were in 8th grade but was moved to Legacy during the year.

41 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Oh ok

I have been saying this since the beginning of last year.  That once the 8th an 7th grade gets to High School they would be right back on top. And going back to San Antonio .. Some people also need to remember we won state with out Devon McCain. But then the young man makes a comeback that was incredible. Most points ever scored by a player in a state Championship 39 points a record the legendary S. O'Neill held. Also Silsbee the first team in Texas to put up 100 in a State Championship game. It's going to be a fun ride. 😁

7 minutes ago, Who That said:

I have been saying this since the beginning of last year.  That once the 8th an 7th grade gets to High School they would be right back on top. And going back to San Antonio .. Some people also need to remember we won state with out Devon McCain. But then the young man makes a comeback that was incredible. Most points ever scored by a player in a state Championship 39 points a record the legendary S. O'Neill held. Also Silsbee the first team in Texas to put up 100 in a State Championship game. It's going to be a fun ride. 😁

Incorrect.

Houston Wheatley and San Antonio East Central scored over 100 in state championship game. Wheatley did it in 1970 and East Central in 1995.

2 hours ago, Who That said:

One article I read had Shaq with 19 & 26 that game.  I thought he had 30+ that game.  6-8 Kid from Clarksville dropped high 30s that game as well.  His name escapes me. 

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Also, McCain's 39 in state championship game is a 4A record, not all classification.

Not sure if the Cole/Clarksville game would count as 3A or 4A since it was 3A at the time but would be considered 4A now.  All time record is shared by guy from Buna in the 50s that was 50+.  

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Incorrect.

Houston Wheatley and San Antonio East Central scored over 100 in state championship game. Wheatley did it in 1970 and East Central in 1995.

Didn't know that AAW I thought they said Silsbee was the first 4A School do ever do it.. But that's wy we have you to clear it up.. lol Thanks...

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

One article I read had Shaq with 19 & 26 that game.  I thought he had 30+ that game.  6-8 Kid from Clarksville dropped high 30s that game as well.  His name escapes me. 

I remember watching the game they said Shaq had put up 38 and Devon had just broken the record. 

37 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Not sure if the Cole/Clarksville game would count as 3A or 4A since it was 3A at the time but would be considered 4A now.  All time record is shared by guy from Buna in the 50s that was 50+.  

Strictly talking championship game, not semis.

51 is the all time record at state tourney.

I hear the Bridge City 8th grade group is beating teams by large margins this year. This would probably be the game to watch if you want to see how good Silsbee 8th is. Also the Beaumont tournaments, but those may have already been played...not sure. 

14 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Was Sigler coaching at Clarksville then?

18 hours ago, whsalum said:

May be a little early to give 7th and 8th graders state championships. No telling where they’ll be playing by then lol . 

They said the same thing back when McCain and them were in middle school. I posted on here that silsbee would not lose a district game for 4 years straight and would win state at least twice. People laughed and argued with me for days. Then boom it happened. This 8th grade group right now is just as good as that group but deeper. They have two BIG TIME players. If they all stay in silsbee it will happen again 

10 minutes ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

They said the same thing back when McCain and them were in middle school. I posted on here that silsbee would not lose a district game for 4 years straight and would win state at least twice. People laughed and argued with me for days. Then boom it happened. This 8th grade group right now is just as good as that group but deeper. They have two BIG TIME players. If they all stay in silsbee it will happen again 

With the 4 freshmen that are already playing varsity (2 starters), I can see this groups soph. and junior years to be very prosperous.

1 hour ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

Still awful early to be talking state titles. The group that Silsbee won 2 state titles with had 3 D1 players in it . That doesn’t happen often in a 4A school. It also seems to have awakened the recruiting monster at some of the other big name schools. I gotta confess I haven’t seen the 8 th grade group this year but the stars have to align perfectly to win multiple state titles.

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

With the 4 freshmen that are already playing varsity (2 starters), I can see this groups soph. and junior years to be very prosperous.

Who is the 4th freshman, Harper, Williams, Jones and ? Having to learn a whole new group.  Plan on seeing that 8th grade group Monday.

2 hours ago, whsalum said:

Still awful early to be talking state titles. The group that Silsbee won 2 state titles with had 3 D1 players in it . That doesn’t happen often in a 4A school. It also seems to have awakened the recruiting monster at some of the other big name schools. I gotta confess I haven’t seen the 8 th grade group this year but the stars have to align perfectly to win multiple state titles.

Again, people said the same thing when the people that actually knew how special the McCain, Adams, Bush, Tyler group was. “It’s way to early”, “middle school success does not equal high school success”, blah blah... I know all of that. But I also know talent. When this 8th grade group is combined with the freshman group as 10th/11th graders and the following year as 11th/12th graders... that team will be absolutely loaded. When the 8th graders are Seniors, they will also have a freshman that will probably be the best player to ever come through silsbee. Very very “Bush-like”. Trust me, silsbee is not going to be as strong as there were for this year and next year, but after that... it will start right back up. Silsbee will always be competitive. 

I have yet to see this group but have heard about them endlessly and trust those i have heard it from.  Yet i do have many questions some of which will be answered monday when i do plan on seeing them.  One of those questions or concerns for the future is are we hoing to have the size on on the perimeter like Adams and McCain had.  Will this group grow and develop like that group did.  Will they continue to be dedicated like the core of that group?  Will they all remain here and eligible academically and stay away from issues such as the ones we have seen this year.  And no i am not saying this with any knowledge of these players on or off the court.  Another big question if this group is even deeper is will they be able to accept their roles within the team like this group did.  And as far as those state predictions, even if these things all fall into place there is that big issue of these big city schools and their ability to circumvent the rule and build teams.  Yes i know they dont recruit etc.  But they have the advantage of having districts made up of their own schools that dont wont to rock the boat and protest eligibility and just go with the flow.  It will be denied yet  we all see and know it.  It will as always be fun to watch.  

5 hours ago, DeuceSixSuited said:

Again, people said the same thing when the people that actually knew how special the McCain, Adams, Bush, Tyler group was. “It’s way to early”, “middle school success does not equal high school success”, blah blah... I know all of that. But I also know talent. When this 8th grade group is combined with the freshman group as 10th/11th graders and the following year as 11th/12th graders... that team will be absolutely loaded. When the 8th graders are Seniors, they will also have a freshman that will probably be the best player to ever come through silsbee. Very very “Bush-like”. Trust me, silsbee is not going to be as strong as there were for this year and next year, but after that... it will start right back up. Silsbee will always be competitive. 

You may know talent, I don’t know any of these kids but I know a lot of variables have to come together perfectly to win a 4A state championship in the state of Texas. Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the group that had McCain, Adams, Bush and the rest play in multiple schools in junior high? 

5 hours ago, whsalum said:

You may know talent, I don’t know any of these kids but I know a lot of variables have to come together perfectly to win a 4A state championship in the state of Texas. Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t the group that had McCain, Adams, Bush and the rest play in multiple schools in junior high? 

McCain, Adams and Bush played 7th grade together. Bush played 8th at Legacy.