*DALLAS ISD TOURNAMENT*/Post updates here

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Discipline was issued to a few players in last game. Three starters did not play in 2nd half of consolation championship game.

One has chosen to quit the team.

I knew something had gone on just viewing a few minutes of that sevond half.  Its a shame but the team comes first, if your heart isnt in it then it is time to move on.

Think the 8th graders have a game coming up at home soon. I've seen two different schedules telling me two different things, so not 100 percent certain on that. Plan to try and see them at least once or twice as well.

Should be interesting when our current freshman players like Harper and Jones with are combined with them next year on one team.

5 hours ago, Who That said:

Thomas was in school this year ... He was in my daughter class when they got him... He is in Paces" for the rest of the year ..... That was a big blow losein him at 6'5... Would have made a big difference in a few good games this year..

Jail?  Dang.   Slow your roll homie skillet.  Hopefully there is a way he can make a come back later.  It could be good for him & the team.

I will believe the hype on that 8th grade class when I see it.  You guys remember when last year’s class was in 8th grade, they had McCain, Adams, Tyler and Bush.  That group with a few other pieces competed on the national stage with most teams in the summer.  All four of those kids will likely play D1 college ball (getting rave reviews about Landyn in the Jayhawk juco conference - that league could compete with many D1 conferences on the talent level).  Not saying they won’t be as good or better but I think some of it might be a little wishful thinking.  

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I will believe the hype on that 8th grade class when I see it.  You guys remember when last year’s class was in 8th grade, they had McCain, Adams, Tyler and Bush.  That group with a few other pieces competed on the national stage with most teams in the summer.  All four of those kids will likely play D1 college ball (getting rave reviews about Landyn in the Jayhawk juco conference - that league could compete with many D1 conferences on the talent level).  Not saying they won’t be as good or better but I think some of it might be a little wishful thinking.  

Bush did not play middle school at Silsbee.

I have seen this 8th grade group play. As a whole, they are better. Easily 9-10 deep. Also, I have spoken to other area high school coaches who have seen this group play. All believe this group will be as special if not better than the Adams, McCain, Tyler class.

Time will definitely tell but it's not wishful thinking on my part.

24 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Bush did not play middle school at Silsbee.

I have seen this 8th grade group play. As a whole, they are better. Easily 9-10 deep. Also, I have spoken to other area high school coaches who have seen this group play. All believe this group will be as special if not better than the Adams, McCain, Tyler class.

Time will definitely tell but it's not wishful thinking on my part.

You sure about that?  I know he didn’t finish his middle school years at Silsbee.  But I was sure he began playing middle school ball in the same class with the Adams, McCain, and Tyler group.