West Orange Stark 2020

monknuk

10 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

In order to be  the best you have to beat the best. WOS only worries about what we do and, not what other teams do until we meet. Not like most team who base their whole season on beating  the Mustangs.

So if Carthage is the best (undefeated State Champs) then the only way for them to be the best is to beat themselves. But if they beat themselves, then they’re not really the best. Wait a minute...I’m confused. 

21 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

In order to be  the best you have to beat the best. WOS only worries about what we do and, not what other teams do until we meet. Not like most team who base their whole season on beating  the Mustangs.

Stfu 

On 12/20/2019 at 8:25 PM, GUNHO said:

Yeah just went to state 4 yrs in a row.40 game winning streak....need to change the way we coach??I'll agree I would have done a few things differently against Silsbee but I'm not the coach and this is still a young team learning.I think coach T did a hell of job getting us to the semi's.But hey that's just me.

Again nobody saying anything about wide open dropped touchdown passes and bad tackling.

On 12/21/2019 at 1:54 AM, dj said:

I'm with you.  And the kids wanted to go for it.especially after a time out. So I guess me and u both are in the dark.

The team is not the ones getting hired and fire. Anybody can sit back  and give their opinions when you're not the one really making those decisions. Poor execution in the end  cost wos the game and silsbee rose up to the occasion and got it done.

7 hours ago, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Again nobody saying anything about wide open dropped touchdown passes and bad tackling.

When they post things about not scoring enough points it has everything to do with it.As long as coaches are winning everyone is on the band wagon.A few bad decisions and people want to bash them.I said after the game I would have gone for that 4th and inches and then I let it go.Some just can't seem to.smh. 

18 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Wow... the first time in YEARS that nobody’s asking the question “yes or no... does WOS make it back to the State Championship game this year?”

That tells you how much expectations have slipped over there. 

No I will make my reservations every year like I always do I believe 112% that they going everytime I just thought by now everyone on knew that about me on here already.

11 hours ago, GUNHO said:

When they post things about not scoring enough points it has everything to do with it.As long as coaches are winning everyone is on the band wagon.A few bad decisions and people want to bash them.I said after the game I would have gone for that 4th and inches and then I let it go.Some just can't seem to.smh. 

You execute and get the first down in 3 down then 4th down never happens.

On 12/22/2019 at 5:11 PM, GUNHO said:

Gun, you're adding WAY to much reality, facts and objectivity to this coversation... 

Amazing, how others can say what’s on their minds and nobody commits, and for those of us who have relatives on the team who are still feeling the after affects; well I guess who gives a darn as long as we get to the 3rd or 4th round.  Logic and facts: the culture of the team needs some adjustments, it happens in every program even my loved WO-S.

23 hours ago, ladybug33 said:

Amazing, how others can say what’s on their minds and nobody commits, and for those of us who have relatives on the team who are still feeling the after affects; well I guess who gives a darn as long as we get to the 3rd or 4th round.  Logic and facts: the culture of the team needs some adjustments, it happens in every program even my loved WO-S.

Yeah because multiple state championships and 3 or 4 rounds isn’t good enough? Yeah better change that culture quick

53 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Yeah because multiple state championships and 3 or 4 rounds isn’t good enough? Yeah better change that culture quick

You know WOS has been the most consistent program of any school I know.Out of their 42 year history they have had only a few sub par years.That record has been achieved by one head coach and his defensive coach.The first HC took his teams to four state championships winning two of those and numerous playoff births.When he retired the DC became HC and took his teams to four SC winning two of those and numerous playoff births.Some people get spoiled and think if you don't go to the SC almost every year you need change.Fact is WOS has the most winning percentage of any school in Texas.Some years your up and some your down,that's football.There are a lot of teams that were power houses.La Marque,Stephenville,celina to name a few and look at where they are now.I'm not for short runs of success I'll take the program we have now to those.Rant over.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Lost 10 seniors from last years team. I think there will be 8 seniors this year. 5 offensive and 7 defensive starters returning.

Offense:
All District Sr QB Jerren "Pop" Terrell will lead the team again. All District Jr RB Elijah Gales. Offensive line has Sr Courtney Davis and Jr Demetrius Hunter. All District Sr WR Artavious Samuel and District newcomer of the year Jason Zeigler.

Defense:
Led by Willie Ray Smith winner Sr LB Tyrone Brown. All District Sr LBs Jalen Thompson and Ja'marcus Ross. All District Sr CB Artavious Samuel. All District Sr S Jasachin Harris. 2nd Team All District Jr LB Dontrey McClain. District newcomer of the year Jadon Jones. 

Special Teams:
All District Sr K Angel Ibarra

Looks like DCTF knows what they're talking about. I hope the schedule stays intact. I can go to 8 games this year.