Coaching Carosel

Alpha Wolf

1 minute ago, oldschool2 said:

I never said he only had one star at Allen.. 6A schools are loaded with D1 commits.  He just also happened to have the best quarterback in the history of Texas high school football (statistically) who happens to be an NFL starter right now.

And.. he no longer has to prove anything since he’s already reached your definition of elite? Hmm.. wouldn’t that just prove that state titles can’t be won without stud players?

Do you know any state champions that did not have any d1 players on their team? 

6 minutes ago, LC-M said:

Do you know any state champions that did not have any d1 players on their team? 

In 3/4A and up?  I’m sure it’s very few if any.  I won’t say none because exceptions can always be found, but I bet it’s difficult.

Even in smaller 11 man championship teams people would be surprised at how many there are.

On 1/10/2020 at 7:28 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Dont argue with these dong loving idiots of Briles. They dont know real Football like you and I

Previous question:  "Are you a coach or former coach?"   I take it be your silence that you are not now or have ever been a coach! 

26 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Previous question:  "Are you a coach or former coach?"   I take it be your silence that you are not now or have ever been a coach! 

I just got wind of this as you know you're on my ignore list. As for your question: it will not get answered. I answer questions from ppl i have respect for. Good day. 

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

Well, actually -- you just answered it.  Thanks!

Well since we are asking about folks credentials here (and, no, I am not a coach), what in the way of coaching experience do you bring to the table so that everyone here should use your "scale" as to what an "elite" coach is?

3 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Well since we are asking about folks credentials here (and, no, I am not a coach), what in the way of coaching experience do you bring to the table so that everyone here should use your "scale" as to what an "elite" coach is?

I never once stated on this forum that I was a coach.  I try as often as I can to say that what I state is my opinion.  But, your buddy Buddy stated that he "knows" real football unlike others here.  So, just wanted to know if he was a coach that would qualify him to make such a statement.  And by his silence, he answered it. 

10 hours ago, Reagan said:

I never once stated on this forum that I was a coach.  I try as often as I can to say that what I state is my opinion.  But, your buddy Buddy stated that he "knows" real football unlike others here.  So, just wanted to know if he was a coach that would qualify him to make such a statement.  And by his silence, he answered it. 

Where? When?

10 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

I'll take your refusal to answer my question as that you have no relevant coaching experience.

Oh, I didn't realised you didn't understand my 1st and 2nd sentences when you asked the question.  Let me help you and Budrick out.  1st sentence translation:  No, I am not a coach.   2nd sentence translation:  what I state is my opinion.   2nd sentence backs up the 1st.  Always glad to help!

12 hours ago, Reagan said:

Oh, I didn't realised you didn't understand my 1st and 2nd sentences when you asked the question.  Let me help you and Budrick out.  1st sentence translation:  No, I am not a coach.   2nd sentence translation:  what I state is my opinion.   2nd sentence backs up the 1st.  Always glad to help!

Yes, I did misread it as I thought it said that you were a coach.  As to as to knows more high school football, you or @Mr. Buddy Garrity, it is obvious that the answer is Buddy.

32 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

Yes, I did misread it as I thought it said that you were a coach.  As to as to knows more high school football, you or @Mr. Buddy Garrity, it is obvious that the answer is Buddy.

Hard to take that guy serious. Isn't he the one that was all knowing about the Ned Bond Issue then come to find out he really didn't know squat??🤦🏾‍♂️

To get back on topic: Heck he recently got the Briles situation absolutely wrong (which is a shock since he's all knowing of Briles). Smh what a clown. 😂

40 minutes ago, TheOutsider said:

Would love to hear an explanation on this considering a large number of teachers/coaches leave the district every year despite being one of the higher paying districts in SETX.

You mentioned BISD.  Then you said it's a culture issue at BU.  Which one is it?  There are examples of co workers coaches that's been in the district longer than 2 years you know.  Now you're changing to teachers.  I thought the name of this thread was COACHING  carosel... 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

My fault, I'll clarify.  I simply used BU as an example since they are the ones looking for a HC.  I was meaning BISD as a whole when it comes to coaches meaning both WB/BU.  Yes it is a coaches CAROUSEL but if you want to be technical, the majority of coaches salaries come from teaching. At least last time I checked my pay stud. I'm aware HC don't teach classes but all of their assistants do.