Aledo’s secret?

OneChance

8 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

You ought to see the new state of the art weight room. It's insane. Coach Westerberg put a pic on his Twitter. 13,000 sq ft, 90 station workout faculty, monitors, the whole 9 yards. Doing it up right.

Even with a "multi-time State Champion coach" and still cant win anything. 

8 hours ago, Hooohead.com said:

If you move up all your underclass teams and your Varsity is still in the playoffs you have the right to practice them how you please and from what I was told is they work with them separate so come next season there ahead of most because of what the presents team success has going on. It allows them 1 to 6 weeks of practice more for there younger players and turned around a few months later and there in spring football.

Absolutely, and they can do so because their football season has not ended.  But if your school is eliminated from the playoffs, thus ending your season, you couldn't do that.

9 hours ago, TradenupBH said:

You ought to see the new state of the art weight room. It's insane. Coach Westerberg put a pic on his Twitter. 13,000 sq ft, 90 station workout faculty, monitors, the whole 9 yards. Doing it up right.

I have no doubt that they have some great facilities.  I've seen their indoor practice field as well as some of their gyms.  It's nice.  But back to my statement.. I'm pretty sure they don't want any low income housing. 

I agree with how gud they're.but the biggest reason is coaching!! They might do get kids to go there.but those kids that goes through the program know there job.and what's expected of them.and the coaching will to adjust through the years.were in a age where u have to score.and they do that as gud as anyone.and not to mention how well they control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.very easy to see why they're so gud every year.the coaching in our area isn't there yet.i think coaching wise in setx newton,wB,silsbee,and then w.o.its and by been from w.o just telling the truth.defensively were probably 1.but overall 4th.its a team game. And aledo deserves to be there.until our area get on there level.we want have a team like that.

3 hours ago, dj said:

I agree with how gud they're.but the biggest reason is coaching!! They might do get kids to go there.but those kids that goes through the program know there job.and what's expected of them.and the coaching will to adjust through the years.were in a age where u have to score.and they do that as gud as anyone.and not to mention how well they control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.very easy to see why they're so gud every year.the coaching in our area isn't there yet.i think coaching wise in setx newton,wB,silsbee,and then w.o.its and by been from w.o just telling the truth.defensively were probably 1.but overall 4th.its a team game. And aledo deserves to be there.until our area get on there level.we want have a team like that.

If it’s all about coaching then why doesn’t WOS win state every year?  Was he a worse coach this year than the years they won it?

10 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

11-2 season most teams in this area would take that

Yes, 11-2 is a good season for most teams. BH has shown themselves capable of making the playoffs frequently over the years (as have many schools in Texas). Many in this forum (and on this post) have indicated that the key to "championship success" is financial resources. BH with greater financial resources than nearly all schools in Texas, has not been able to make the conversion. 

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Yes, 11-2 is a good season for most teams. BH has shown themselves capable of making the playoffs frequently over the years (as have many schools in Texas). Many in this forum (and on this post) have indicated that the key to "championship success" is financial resources. BH with greater financial resources than nearly all schools in Texas, has not been able to make the conversion. 

There are a few exceptions

17 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

There are a few exceptions

Agreed. However, there is no school in the state (perhaps in all-time history of the state) that can match Aledo's recent run. Aledo though not financially challenged, does not have the most resources in the state.

There may be a handful of teams that we generally expect to be in the mix for a title on yearly basis. There will be an additional 100+ schools in the state that have similar resources but fall drastically short on results. We may be able to identify a trend among the "perceived contenders" but to make a conclusion we would have to consider the success ratio of all schools in a similar resource bracket. 

If all similar resourced districts are considered we will likely not see a quantifiable difference in outcomes. We could actually look at some of the larger multiple school ISDs (Katy, Conroe, Plano,  Klein, etc) with some of the "contenders" and find several high schools within that possess the exact same resources but never exceed mediocrity.    

On 12/17/2019 at 9:27 PM, oldschool2 said:

If it’s all about coaching then why doesn’t WOS win state every year?  Was he a worse coach this year than the years they won it?

It's not abt been worse coach. Other coaches can be better in these days and age.its like this the 4 state title teams had great offenses and dominant defenses.just our conservative approach to offense is catching up with us.these days u have to score.and adjust to this style.w.o will be better the next 2yrs.they will be in games with anyone.but alot of gud teams will scout us and throw something at us that we haven't seen.wheather they excute it or not.and one other thing is doing the years we won state.they were dominant at the line of scrimmage.on both sides of the ball.we can defend the wing T better than anyone.but I can't see w.o been dominant at the line of scrimmage anytime soon.so adjustment has to be made.and I can't see us doing that.with the coaching style we have.