Recommended Posts

Well, 3A DII showed us this year that we all don't know what we think we do, once teams square off between the white lines.  

The title game is gonna be played by Gunter(who is not a shocker, when it comes down to it) vs Paul Pewitt (who I would comfortably bet my house that without googling it,  @ least 87% of you who read this couldn't tell me what district the Brahmas are in.  Damn sure not where Paul Pewitt is located). 

In what seems like just yesterday, a lot of us here in pre-season had Newton, Canadian, and East Bernard as # 1,2, 3 in any order as far as rankings go and one of them a lock to win it all.  

Pewitt's run to the title game is just another reason we all have fell in love with Texas high school football over the years.  They finished second in district to Daingerfield (a loss they got paybacks for a couple weeks ago).                                           Anywho.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1

Pewitt may very well be a dark horse, but Gunter is one of the best defensive football teams I’ve ever seen; went and watched them and Canadian last night and that was some kind of game...both teams were bringing the hat. Gunter is another glaring example of middle to upper middle class kids that are intelligent, coachable, well conditioned, well rested, and well fed. People can say what they want, but that gives teams like Gunter, Aledo, Brock, Denton Ryan and Guyer, Westlake, Wimberley, etc such an incredible advantage over lower income schools. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Pewitt may very well be a dark horse, but Gunter is one of the best defensive football teams I’ve ever seen; went and watched them and Canadian last night and that was some kind of game...both teams were bringing the hat. Gunter is another glaring example of middle to upper middle class kids that are intelligent, coachable, well conditioned, well rested, and well fed. People can say what they want, but that gives teams like Gunter, Aledo, Brock, Denton Ryan and Guyer, Westlake, Wimberley, etc such an incredible advantage over lower income schools. 

+1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Pewitt may very well be a dark horse, but Gunter is one of the best defensive football teams I’ve ever seen; went and watched them and Canadian last night and that was some kind of game...both teams were bringing the hat. Gunter is another glaring example of middle to upper middle class kids that are intelligent, coachable, well conditioned, well rested, and well fed. People can say what they want, but that gives teams like Gunter, Aledo, Brock, Denton Ryan and Guyer, Westlake, Wimberley, etc such an incredible advantage over lower income schools. 

I’m not sure which schools you would call “lower income”. But saying the student athletes that come from them are not intelligent and not coachable is a stereotype that should not be perpetuated on this site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JB94 said:

I’m not sure which schools you would call “lower income”. But saying the student athletes that come from them are not intelligent and not coachable is a stereotype that should not be perpetuated on this site. 

He never said that they weren’t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JB94 said:

I’m not sure which schools you would call “lower income”. But saying the student athletes that come from them are not intelligent and not coachable is a stereotype that should not be perpetuated on this site. 

You’re trying to make my post out to say something it’s nowhere even close to saying man 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Pewitt is in the top 3 in the COUNTRY in rushing. Hope I can find this one somehow. It's gonna be good.

Texan Live should uh? Or do they not video broadcast title games because of the televised broadcasting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, JasperDAWG said:

Texan Live should uh? Or do they not video broadcast title games because of the televised broadcasting?

They might. There have been times that I've been able to get the title games on FSSW, but I don't think that's part of my cable package anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

They might. There have been times that I've been able to get the title games on FSSW, but I don't think that's part of my cable package anymore. 

Yes, it sucks for me as well. Dish network no longer has FSSW.  I have loved the past years of being able to watch all of the title games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JB94 said:

I’m not sure which schools you would call “lower income”. But saying the student athletes that come from them are not intelligent and not coachable is a stereotype that should not be perpetuated on this site. 

There was an article that came out a few years ago comparing the average household income of big school Texas football state champions to the rest of the state.  It was pretty compelling.  There are always exceptions but for the most part money has an impact.  That concept is and has been trickling down to smaller schools.  If you don’t think kids that come from upper middle class families, nicer homes, well fed, don’t have to work, summer camps, private tutors, etc.. makes a difference in sports/academic success then you’re most definitely naive.  It matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A greater question should be "will DFW football dominance continue again this year"? DFW has 7 teams playing in Championship games. Houston area has 3, Austin area has 2 with the rest being scattered across the state. It seems that DFW is fully superior in football. It is starting to become embarrassing for the rest of the state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

A greater question should be "will DFW football dominance continue again this year"? DFW has 7 teams playing in Championship games. Houston area has 3, Austin area has 2 with the rest being scattered across the state. It seems that DFW is fully superior in football. It is starting to become embarrassing for the rest of the state.

Can’t help but agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Member Statistics

    41,425
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    BLOCK OUT THE NOISE
    Newest Member
    BLOCK OUT THE NOISE
    Joined


×
×
  • Create New...