NetCat

Who wins?   

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who???

2. 2. Close game?

• 2TD's or more
    • Less than 2TD's

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/20/2019 at 04:00 PM

Keep hearing how good (and dirty?) La Vega is, but Carthage has so much experience at this.  Probably be a great game, but I can see LV making some kind of major snafu late in the game, and the Dawgs capitalize to win.

Btw, don’t cancel your Texas Live based on my post.  My Bookie lives in a $750,000 home thanks to me.  😄

9 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Keep hearing how good (and dirty?) La Vega is, but Carthage has so much experience at this.  Probably be a great game, but I can see LV making some kind of major snafu late in the game, and the Dawgs capitalize to win.

Btw, don’t cancel your Texas Live based on my post.  My Bookie lives in a $750,000 home thanks to me.  😄

Man I just fell out laughing! That right there is funny!

48 minutes ago, Hagar said:

La Vega has a good amount of experience as well at this stage

Okay, did a little research.  Yes, La Vega was there in 2015, and beat Carthage, BUT, Carthage has been there in 2015, 16, 17, and 18.  Also, they beat La Vega in 2017.   Point is, most of the Carthage players have been there 2 or 3 years in a row.  I doubt few current La Vega players have been there.  Imo, that gives Carthage an edge in experience.  Whether it’s enough, we’ll find out Friday.  Records and common opponents are very even.   The big unknown is individual matchups.  Should be one of the best SC games..

36 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Okay, did a little research.  Yes, La Vega was there in 2015, and beat Carthage, BUT, Carthage has been there in 2015, 16, 17, and 18.  Also, they beat La Vega in 2017.   Point is, most of the Carthage players have been there 2 or 3 years in a row.  I doubt few current La Vega players have been there.  Imo, that gives Carthage an edge in experience.  Whether it’s enough, we’ll find out Friday.  Records and common opponents are very even.   The big unknown is individual matchups.  Should be one of the best SC games..

Yes they beat them in the state semi. Carthage has never lost a state championship game

7 hours ago, JasperDAWG said:

Since S.S's (a lot of s) arrival to Carthage in 2007 the Bulldogs have equal playoff losses and state titles. 6 of each.   Incredible! 

148 wins in 12 years so far (not counting this season).  Many coaches with 20+ years as head coach don't have that many.

Evidently he’s very, very, good.   What little I’ve kept up with them, a genius at halftime adjustments.  A big advantage a lot of Coaches don’t have.  I do wonder why some bigger, more affluent, school hasn’t gotten him out of Carthage.  Best guess, he just likes it there.  

13 hours ago, Hagar said:

I wouldn't say they play dirty.........but when you line up against them you better be ready for a brawl. They are rough and tumble for sure.

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

Evidently he’s very, very, good.   What little I’ve kept up with them, a genius at halftime adjustments.  A big advantage a lot of Coaches don’t have.  I do wonder why some bigger, more affluent, school hasn’t gotten him out of Carthage.  Best guess, he just likes it there.  

He makes more then more most 6a coaches. He gets around 155k a year. He coached at LCM in the 90’s

20 hours ago, LC-M said:

He makes more then more most 6a coaches. He gets around 155k a year. He coached at LCM in the 90’s

That’d make him, “the one that got away”.  😂😂😂

if y’all had paid him 155K, he’d probably still be there, lol.