Wimberley 56 Silsbee 43/FINAL

WOSgrad

39 minutes ago, Who That said:

Those 6 starters coming back where mostly key players besides Martin and Taylor and Cartwright... But ok it is what it is I guess to ow boys question then Silsbee will be nothing next year . 

Silsbee loses their entire offensive line (which IMO was the MVP of their team) two of their starting RB's (both over a 1000 yards) leading receiver, two of their D-line, 2 LB's, 3 DB's.

Key returners are Foster, Bell, Arline, Buse, Hatton, J. Williams, Kelly and Gonzales.

Silsbee's JV was descent. Nothing spectacular.

1 hour ago, Who That said:

Those 6 starters coming back where mostly key players besides Martin and Taylor and Cartwright... But ok it is what it is I guess to ow boys question then Silsbee will be nothing next year . 

Yeah just Martin and Taylor. Which is about 90% of your offense, and a huge part on defense. Gotta be a realist 

1 hour ago, Who That said:

Do you have to take any post that isn't 100% positive about Silsbee as a personal insult?

1 hour ago, STiger85 said:

Watched the film and it was a bad call on the target hit by Taylor. It was a shoulder to chest hit, text book tackle. Also, how was it a dead ball foul?

From watching it that was my impression as well.  Now one question was Cartwrights knee down or was it a fumble.  I can sure live better with a legit fumble than a missed call.

Taylor hit was legit!!!! Silsbee will be decent next year. I see a 2nd or 3rd place district finish but never count them out. Jones and Arline at RB will be good. Hopefully the OL can get into some great shape during the off season and the defense can get better game by game. What does Silsbee have at the Freshman and 8th grade level?

On 12/14/2019 at 3:09 PM, ST413 said:

From watching it that was my impression as well.  Now one question was Cartwrights knee down or was it a fumble.  I can sure live better with a legit fumble than a missed call.

Just saw a replay, too close to be sure but sure looked like a missed call......

Agree. Hey still proud of these kids. Those turnovers hurt and I think that screen to #5 in the 3rd qtr for a TD hurt just as bad as it was like 3rd and 12. If we had of made that comeback it would have been insane. Down 49-43 with thr ball, I knew we were due for another big play. After the 5 yard run by Airline, I felt we should have ran it again with Taylor and just grind it out since it was 5 minutes on the clock. 

16 hours ago, ST413 said:

Just saw a replay, too close to be sure but sure looked like a missed call......

The missed call was the ref not flagging the defender for a facemask penalty. It happened before the ball carrier lost control of the ball. Silsbee would have kept possession.

2 hours ago, griff said:

The missed call was the ref not flagging the defender for a facemask penalty. It happened before the ball carrier lost control of the ball. Silsbee would have kept possession.

I seen that too... And the knee was down.. Tayler ran over another kid the same way he hit the other one . Going in to the endzone. And he just stood over the kid a look at him with two refs watching no flag.