Why aren't football and basketball districts the same

BADSANTA

12 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I've wondered why aren't the districts the same cor football and basketball? For example, Bridge City and Lumberton are in out basketball district but not football. 

Football has divisions, basketball doesn't.  Lumberton and Bridge City are (currently) in Division I, which is why they are not in SIlsbee's district, which is a Division II district.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 3:18 PM, DLivingston said:

More playoff teams and more money for UIL seems like it would play a part in the reason for football divisions. 

Numbers in football are a bigger deal then in basketball and any other sport. there are 33 positions to fill opposed to basketballs 5.
In basketball a team could play 7 games in a week (playing a tournament and a game on tuesday.  In football physically you can play 1 game a week.
And Yes, money plays a role, but the system is a fair system. 

On 12/21/2019 at 12:08 AM, jv_coach said:

Numbers in football are a bigger deal then in basketball and any other sport. there are 33 positions to fill opposed to basketballs 5.
In basketball a team could play 7 games in a week (playing a tournament and a game on tuesday.  In football physically you can play 1 game a week.

33?

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Wait. What about all the special teams? Kickoff team, kickoff receive team, punt team, punt receive team, field goal team, extra point team? That should be 66 which makes 88 players for football.

So a lot more goes into a football game then with a basketball game. Also. Now we see why numbers of kids to pull from matters in football and we can see a solid justification for the split divisions 

6 hours ago, jv_coach said:

So a lot more goes into a football game then with a basketball game. Also. Now we see why numbers of kids to pull from matters in football and we can see a solid justification for the split divisions 

There is a reason why you are a JV Coach....

Your logic is is wayyyyy off!!!!!’

On 12/21/2019 at 12:08 AM, jv_coach said:

Please explain how this is your reasoning for different basketball/football districts.   How many players it takes to fill spots is not a determining factor in putting basketball/football districts together.

Please explain Sub-Varsity coach 😳

On 12/12/2019 at 12:00 PM, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Travel purposes. (hence Tuesday school night travel)

In certain areas the travel is always going to be there (West Texas)

Looking at a few schools their football district has less travel than other district for hoops/spring sports. 

On 12/25/2019 at 9:13 PM, oldman said:

Please explain how this is your reasoning for different basketball/football districts.   How many players it takes to fill spots is not a determining factor in putting basketball/football districts together.

Please explain Sub-Varsity coach 😳

Well genius why have classifications at all? Becuase school enrollment matters, and it matters more in football becuase of the physicality of the sport.I see that your gray hairs are not a crown of wisdom ,but a fools cap.

1 hour ago, jv_coach said:

Well genius why have classifications at all? Becuase school enrollment matters, and it matters more in football becuase of the physicality of the sport.I see that your gray hairs are not a crown of wisdom ,but a fools cap.

I see this is going nowhere.   FYI  Mr. Inexperienced....  who has gray hairs😳

13 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

Normally I agree with what you post.. but as a basketball guy.. not this time ;)

I guess they’re the same.... except for maybe attendance. Stadium sizes. Merchandise sales. Tv ratings. Advertising sales. 

And that’s at all levels.... 

Pop Warner > Little Dribblers

All of the way up to Super Bowl>NBA Finals. 

No offense... basketball is football’s little sister. 

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I guess they’re the same.... except for maybe attendance. Stadium sizes. Merchandise sales. Tv ratings. Advertising sales. 

And that’s at all levels.... 

Pop Warner > Little Dribblers

All of the way up to Super Bowl>NBA Finals. 

No offense... basketball is football’s little sister. 

Not when it comes to the skills required to be a good basketball player.. compared to skills required to be a good football player.  No offense.. but just being fast, just being big, or just being strong means nothing on a basketball court.  Any of the three can make you a stud on a football field, though.

That’s what I meant.