My 4A DII Realignment Projection

Yoe_09

Alright, I've done this for 3A DI, and will give it a shot for 4A. I will post 4A DI within the next few days.

To me, this comes down to what they are going to do with the likes of Carthage and a few other in that area. You could shift those teams south with the likes of Jasper and crew, which in turn would make a larger district with the likes of WO-S, Hardin-Jefferson, Liberty, Silsbee, Bridge City, Orangefield and Hamshire-Fannett. However, I believe that creates problems filling in districts in the remainder of region III and IV. I don't see them spiting the D16 teams since that would automatically create two four-team districts.

Thoughts? What would you change?

1-4A
Midland Greenwood
Monahans
Pecos
Snyder
Sweewater
Seminole

2-4A
Borger
Perryton
Lubbock Estacado
Levelland
Vernon
Iowa Park

3-4A
Graham
Mineral Wells
Bridgeport
Krum
Sanger

4-4A
Glen Rose
Godley
Hillsboro
Venus
Ferris

5-4A
Aubrey
Celina
Van Alstyne
Farmersville
Community
Caddo Mills

6-4A
Sunnyvale
Wills Point
Quinlan Ford
Canton
Van
Brownsboro

7-4A
Gilmer
Pittsburg
Pleasant Grove
Liberty-Eylau
North Lamar

8-4A
Bullard
Rusk
Carthage
Center
Spring Hill

9-4A
Mexia
Connally
Robinson
China Spring
Gatesville
Salado
Jarrell

10-4A
Madisonville
Navasota
Bellville
La Grange
Giddings
Smithville

11-4A

Jasper
Shepherd
Silsbee
Liberty

12-4A
Hardin-Jefferson
West Orange-Stark
Bridge City
Orangefield
Hamshire-Fannett

13-4A
Sealy
Royal
Wharton
Sweeny
La Marque

14-4A
Cuero
Gonzales
Navarro
Wimberley
Manor New Tech
Austin Achieve (Will they play football in 2020?)
Austin Eastside

15-4A
Bandera
Hondo
Devine
Pearsall
Crystal City
Carrizo Springs

16-4A
Rockport-Fulton
Aransas Pass
Sinton
West Oso
Robstown
Raymondville
Rio Hondo
Port Isabel

I sure hope you are wrong... If you are right then Silsbee will have to find seven non district games. We had to schedule people as far away as Longview last time. West Orange, Bridge City,  Newton  and maybe Lumberton would play Silsbee... After that it would be get on the bus and hang on time. Besides that Silsbee would have qualified for the playoffs before the season started. 

49 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

So.. five 5 team districts and one 4 team district?  If so, UIL never ceases to amaze. 

It's tough when there are only 93 teams in the division.  That is 5.8125 teams per district if you divide it out.  With districts like 16-4A, all those teams really need to be in the same district, so that obviously takes away. 

I just saw Padilla's this morning, and I will let you know he does have 1 four and 6 five team districts....and of course it's different than mine. 

2 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

I figured you may see Bellville and Sealy in the same district. But who knows lol

It's really a coinflip.  You could slide Bellville from that district into 13-4A without really any difference.  The average travel per game would essentially be the same. 

1 hour ago, Yoe_09 said:

It's tough when there are only 93 teams in the division.  That is 5.8125 teams per district if you divide it out.  With districts like 16-4A, all those teams really need to be in the same district, so that obviously takes away. 

I just saw Padilla's this morning, and I will let you know he does have 1 four and 6 five team districts....and of course it's different than mine. 

I know it's tough.. I'm not arguing that there's a better way to put 93 teams into 16 divisions.  Just that maybe the numbers should not have been done so that it's even possible to have 4/5 teams districts.  Especially if UIL is adamant about have 4 make the playoffs.  It's just crazy to me.  I would almost rather just make the cutoffs more spread out and have big school and small school playoff brackets. Like before.

2 hours ago, Who That said:

Silsbee and Jasper will knot be in the same district. Jasper won't play Silsbee. The only way they would of ever faced them would have been in the playoffs. But I guess Jasper wasn't the #2 rank team as advertised. And Silsbee should had never been moved out the rankings 

They have no say in the matter.

6 hours ago, fishcat said:

My understanding is Jasper got Silsbee,west Orange, navasota & png on preseason schedule so for Incase they in each other’s district 

If that's true. all the talk about us playing a soft schedule will go away. To be fair, I've been critical of our scheduling for years and that would make me feel much better. 

On 12/12/2019 at 10:33 AM, Who That said:

Silsbee and Jasper will knot be in the same district. Jasper won't play Silsbee. The only way they would of ever faced them would have been in the playoffs. But I guess Jasper wasn't the #2 rank team as advertised. And Silsbee should had never been moved out the rankings 

Well sorry to bust ur bubbles but y'all is in the same district