Beaumont United 106 Silsbee 57/FINAL

WOSgrad

30.  United is that good.  But the good news for Silsbee is that this is as rough as it will get.  We're playing the 3rd ranked 6A team which has a shot at the championship and has size and speed and talent.  They could handle any 4A team.  We won't face anything worse than this even in the holiday tournaments.  This is like being in the ondeck circle swinging a bat with two donuts on it.

It's probably a good year to be rebuilding because nobody is getting past basketball magnet school Yates in Region III.  The goal will be to get back to the region tourney.  If the Tigers can do that it will have to be called a great season.  It's a long shot but possible.  And if they do make it that far they will end up playing only one less game than the fully loaded Tigers of last year.  

4 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

30.  United is that good.  But the good news for Silsbee is that this is as rough as it will get.  We're playing the 3rd ranked 6A team which has a shot at the championship and has size and speed and talent.  They could handle any 4A team.  We won't face anything worse than this even in the holiday tournaments.  This is like being in the ondeck circle swinging a bat with two donuts on it.

It's probably a good year to be rebuilding because nobody is getting past basketball magnet school Yates in Region III.  The goal will be to get back to the region tourney.  If the Tigers can do that it will have to be called a great season.  It's a long shot but possible.  And if they do make it that far they will end up playing only one less game than the fully loaded Tigers of last year.  

Getting there could end up meaning playing the same number of games as we wouldn’t face Yates until the finals.  But that won’t be an easy task.

10 minutes ago, CocaColaCowboy said:

BU 1 Tigers 0 BU missed 2 dunks 

The Tiger Cubs were just too pesky and didn't give the Wolves any real good chances.  

The team on the floor tonight was the smallest Silsbee varsity I've ever seen at any point in the last 25 years, with or without the football kids.  They really did look like the Tiger cubs.  They are hard workers though and that makes up for a lot.

19 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I believe Silsbee is a regional tournament team and will be in Huntsville in early March

Have you seen anything this season that leads you to believe this? Is the region down significantly from years past? Just curious to get your opinion. For the Tigers to make the regional tournament they would need to be as good as last years club or the region would need to regress. I haven’t seen a lot of the region 3 4A clubs so I don’t have any idea who may make the 4A tournament with the exception of Yates. It does look like Huffman is going to be a lot better than I thought they would be. 

1 hour ago, whsalum said:

Have you seen anything this season that leads you to believe this? Is the region down significantly from years past? Just curious to get your opinion. For the Tigers to make the regional tournament they would need to be as good as last years club or the region would need to regress. I haven’t seen a lot of the region 3 4A clubs so I don’t have any idea who may make the 4A tournament with the exception of Yates. It does look like Huffman is going to be a lot better than I thought they would be. 

First of all, I definitely wouldn't base Silsbee off of what they are putting on the floor right now. They will get significantly better by district time. Silsbee doesn't necessarily need to be as good as last year's team to make regionals. Remember, they blew everyone out heading into the regional tourney.

Other than Yates (a gimme) the other teams in the region would be La Marque, Connally, H-J, Huffman, Hudson and Wax Life. Silsbee Ultra Lite has already played La Marque and lost by 4.

Key for Silsbee and H-J is to be the #1 seed. That way you avoid Yates in the 3rd round and would not see them till regional final.