Young Coaches Changing The Culture

Mamba

22 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

My info of residency actually came from an H-F admin. All I know.

Come one AAW your a smart man ,I’m willing to bet that if this HF admin had any concerns the kid or kids in question would not be playing . To my knowledge the kid in question is playing jv but to my understanding and correct me if I’m wrong they have nonresident tuition for students who don’t reside in the district kinda like HJ does. So does that make them ineligible to play a sport  especially if they going for academic reasons? I just want to know that’s all

14 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

We played them at their place and I came away thinking that HF has some good athletes now. What is the allegation, that they are using kids from BISD? As far as the in game coaching goes, it’s way over the top in my opinion but if that’s his style and it works then more power to him.

I respect what you’ve said his style is no different than Coach Abel who was &PNG or Coach English or any other coach who is deemed over the top because they want the best outta their players 

39 minutes ago, SETXSPORTSGUY409 said:

Yeah u were at the game like I was so of course you are qualified to say it is bs again enjoy your day and continue  believing that this world is equal to all 

you are correct- the world is not equal.  Minorities and females have a huge advantage as opposed to middleclass white men

For instance Port Arthur fire dept gives African Americans a 10 point curve up on the civil service exam to help them get jobs above all others.

9 minutes ago, Whoa said:

you are correct- the world is not equal.  Minorities and females have a huge advantage as opposed to middleclass white men

For instance Port Arthur fire dept gives African Americans a 10 point curve up on the civil service exam to help them get jobs above all others.

And there we have it when some dont understand the privilege they are born with . Never mind these ppl of color or women are qualified we don’t want them with our jobs but if they do get them let’s give them hell so they’ll quit and keep it all in the family. it shouldn’t have to be policies like that in place to make them hire candidates who are applying!!! You think ? 

39 minutes ago, Mamba said:

Come one AAW your a smart man ,I’m willing to bet that if this HF admin had any concerns the kid or kids in question would not be playing . To my knowledge the kid in question is playing jv but to my understanding and correct me if I’m wrong they have nonresident tuition for students who don’t reside in the district kinda like HJ does. So does that make them ineligible to play a sport  especially if they going for academic reasons? I just want to know that’s all

Non residency is only for attending. UIL governs sports and they have their policies and participating in those sports are regulated by the DEC and UIL, not the school district.

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Non residency is only for attending. UIL governs sports and they have their policies and participating in those sports are regulated by the DEC and UIL, not the school district.

I know all about UIL,DEC, PAPF forms .So your saying he didn’t do through the proper  channels and he just playing players that haven’t been cleared. And he is putting his coaching career on the line to win at HF !!! Ok gotcha . 

Gees guys or girls can we get back on topic. This has gotten ridiculous.

also to set the record straight coach Gerald parr in the late 90s and Coach Kenner early 2000s. Had 20 win seasons.

former all state alum.

also both of those coaches would get in player’s faces and let them know when they screwed up.

as a whole too many dang softies.  Learn how to take criticism. Kids gotta learn how to deal with things without parents softening up and making excuses.  
mamba mentioned college and real world. You think high school coaches are too hard shoot college coaches can down right get nasty.  I played for Mike deane.... need I say more.

Im glad to see Hf back to winning. Good job tigee.

23 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Gees guys or girls can we get back on topic. This has gotten ridiculous.

also to set the record straight coach Gerald parr in the late 90s and Coach Kenner early 2000s. Had 20 win seasons.

former all state alum.

also both of those coaches would get in player’s faces and let them know when they screwed up.

as a whole too many dang softies.  Learn how to take criticism. Kids gotta learn how to deal with things without parents softening up and making excuses.  
mamba mentioned college and real world. You think high school coaches are too hard shoot college coaches can down right get nasty.  I played for Mike deane.... need I say more.

Im glad to see Hf back to winning. Good job tigee.

Mike Deane must not have made you guys go to writing classes.  Don't know anything about him as a coach, but no way he compares to Gray Giovanni.

1 minute ago, HOOPDR3AMS said:

Mike Deane must not have made you guys go to writing classes.  Don't know anything about him as a coach, but no way he compares to Gray Giovanni.

ol believe me gray had nothing on Mike.  I knew gray as well.   Let me just say this. After the first few home games During timeouts we had to pick up our chairs and move them 20 foot onto floor due to complaints from fans sitting behind our bench. I could go on and on but I actually like Mike deane and don’t want to paint a negative picture of him cause off the court he was a comical and fun to be around guy.  

Jekyll and Hyde.

5 hours ago, Mamba said:

I don’t Know whether to laugh or take you seriously . Is this what it has come to!!! God forbid he goes to college and his coach does this omg fire the coach it’s too much pressure on this kid. Oh wait how about the amount of pressure on kids to pass the sat or act ,his exit exams, his test to get into Motiva ,the police academy. REMEMBER KIDS YOU HAVE ONE JOB!!! And all the kid had to do was one job and make a 3 yep that’s a lot of pressure buddy on kid a who signed up to play the sport of basketball. I guess life really is a bunch of days !!!!

Do you actually believe what you're typing, or just trying to stir the pot as much as possible?

Again, I wasn’t there, but I have a hard time buying into all the racist remarks.  Orangefield had an outstanding post player last year that was black.  To my knowledge, he was accepted at the school and by the town people.  And while Coach Tigee was at Ltown last year, I never heard of any racist problems, and the whole team was white and thought the world of him.  I’ve met him and we talked, and he appeared to be a fine gentleman, and my G’son thought he was great.  And Coach Tigee helped him with his plans after high school..  

Now a short word about any transfers to HF.  Rare is the HS in this area, or State, who doesn’t get transfers.   I heard it used to go on at TJ in the 50’s & 60’s.  High Schools today need a revolving door for athletes.  But if a young man was a good basketball player, why .transfer to HF?  Why not EC, United, or Silsbee?  Maybe it’s because they like the new Coach.  I stand by Coach Tigee, as will his players, white, black and brown.

3 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

ol believe me gray had nothing on Mike.  I knew gray as well.   Let me just say this. After the first few home games During timeouts we had to pick up our chairs and move them 20 foot onto floor due to complaints from fans sitting behind our bench. I could go on and on but I actually like Mike deane and don’t want to paint a negative picture of him cause off the court he was a comical and fun to be around guy.  

Jekyll and Hyde.

I'm kidding.  I agree that coaches should coach however they like.  But coaches also need to know that if you yell at the kids, the scorer's table, the stands, the refs, etc, you probably don't get to coach at all for very long.

So who is racist?  Is it Orangefield fans or admin?  Is it the officials in the game?  Is it the people who think Rideaux is breaking rules?  And who's making that accusation?  I heard it was the coach himself, but I hope not.  There are obvious outliers and exceptions, but athletics tend to be a medium where race doesn't matter at all.  I wishfully think that kind of accusation is unfounded, however I know it is divisive and dangerous.

So this Coach Tigee was one of the Lumberton coaches last year?

Sat right behind the Raider bench a few games (Fr, JV, all on them). Never heard a word from any coach I'd consider outrageous or over the line. They were pretty tame in comparison to some of the others out there. Almost too nice, but I guess we all have different standards for what "harsh" is.

Sounds to me like they were accustomed to losing and it was fine as long as lil player A or Big player B got to play but now that hes there and a few kids decided they wanted to play for him and there parents made a way we have to come up with a way to get player A and B back on the court so this is what's being done to slander his name. I believe some would rather there son play than have a chance to learn the game and become better at it from him. What's gonna end up happening is there gonna go back to the ways of past and after this season he move on cause from what he did at Lumberton and HF so far his stock is risen and the rest are hoping for failure but before he allows you to dehumanize him or his family he will take his talents elsewhere. If you have been to a HF basketball before he got there and are a true fan of the sport there's not alot to see unless your the relatives of the kids playing because I got a 1st hand look lastyear and wasnt impressed whatsoever and watched him play Kountze this year and was highly impressed with the turnaround. You can blame it on the transfers or whatever reason you choose but winning cures all unless Player A and B isn't a contributor to the success in the eyes of the beholder. Great Job Coach T and I wish you the best. Remember, Misery loves Company.

And by the way, he has a nice basketball resume being hes won State as a player, was an Asst. to Coach Lee at Central when they made it to State and was on staff with Kendrick Perkins in the negotiation of a contract or two or 3 or so.Yall have a  good one and might would wanna do what you have to to keep him cause it's not that HF is a hot bed place to wanna coach unless your trying to get your feet wet. 

I don’t know what all the residency discussion is about but the UIL policy is pretty well cut and dried. I hope for the players sake everything that is supposed to be done has been done. Good basketball is a lot more fun to watch than running clocks and blow outs. Let’s tip it off and let the kids play.