Young Coaches Changing The Culture

Mamba

Just now, Southeastxsports2020 said:

I don’t think they are talking about what the record is it’s more about what happen with the  officials, fans, and etc. It’s not all about just winning. 

Not one person has said what he did that was sooooo bad. All I’ve heard is he subbed a kid out and told him he had one job to do. And all the ppl who like participation trophies came out with the pitchforks !!!!

Mamba I guess your impression of what high school sports in Hamshire-Fannett or any other small school is supposed to be about.  Maybe at United, you have kids that are preparing to play college basketball, but I am pretty sure that Hamshire-Fannett has none of those kids.  Or do they? That is another question for another day I suppose.  I sure hope your young coach has all of his PAPF forms ready to go or that 11-3 record will go down real quick.

Ahhhhh now we getting to it ppl more upset about where kids come from and how much of an advantage it is sad days sad days .How do you know what HF has ever had if they’ve never been pushed to be better and win. I’m sure there are kids who would love to play at a higher level if they’ve had a coach who actually worked with them to get better and not just accept the norm. Stop promoting mediocrity a winning mentality is needed everyday in life not just sports. 

Have no issues with promoting a winning mentality.  I don't really believe this is the approach to that will achieve that.  Maybe what is going on at practice while no one is watching is completely different from what was seen in OF over the weekend.  I will be the first one to admit that this was a small sample size.  I am only commenting on what I saw over this three day period.  Been around a ton of coaches in this area who have been very successful.  One of them just won his 800th game.  Their kids love them as well.  Can't say I have ever heard any of them address his kids publicly the way this coach did.  Also, there is much more coaching and less complaining on those sidelines.

For all of you people that "heard" what coach Rideaux did during the OF game let me tell you what actually occurred.  The schools administrators, fans, scorers table and Athletic trainers were allowed to talk to the head coach in any way that they chose to, and the incompetent JV officials didn't control it nor did OF's head coach.  Coach Rideaux's sister was also threatened by fans saying she needed to move out of her seat.  Not only was she threatened but the two kids that she had with here were talked to like they were less than human.  Coach rideaux did not tell a kid he had one job to "make" a 3 pointer he told him that he was subbed in the "shoot" a three pointer and the Kid did not take the shot.  The racism that was shown in that gym has not been spoken about one time in this thread, but yall are dragging a guy's name through the mud who would give the shirt off of his back to these kids that yall say he mistreats.  You cowards on here disgust me.  The real issue should be how HF was called for 10 offensive fouls and orangefield was called for 1.  The real issue should be how certain coaches of certain skin color aren't responsible for controlling their fans.  As a supporter of Kids and anyone trying to help kids I think Coach Rideaux is doing an amazing job with a school who was 3-27 last year an 49-189 the past 10 seasons.  How about we start addressing the issue of racism wait we cant do that because the ones that are spewing negativity on this man are obviously guilty of it.  My advice to coach Rideaux is to continue to coach your team and help build young men.  I guess some of you have never seen success in sports so "almost" is good enough for yall.  I applaud Coach Rideaux for demanding excellence from his kids on the floor and in the classroom.   Oh by the way he has won more games this year than any coach in the history of the school and its not even christmas.  He is obviously doing something right. 

3 minutes ago, SETXSPORTSGUY409 said:

For all of you people that "heard" what coach Rideaux did during the OF game let me tell you what actually occurred.  The schools administrators, fans, scorers table and Athletic trainers were allowed to talk to the head coach in any way that they chose to, and the incompetent JV officials didn't control it nor did OF's head coach.  Coach Rideaux's sister was also threatened by fans saying she needed to move out of her seat.  Not only was she threatened but the two kids that she had with here were talked to like they were less than human.  Coach rideaux did not tell a kid he had one job to "make" a 3 pointer he told him that he was subbed in the "shoot" a three pointer and the Kid did not take the shot.  The racism that was shown in that gym has not been spoken about one time in this thread, but yall are dragging a guy's name through the mud who would give the shirt off of his back to these kids that yall say he mistreats.  You cowards on here disgust me.  The real issue should be how HF was called for 10 offensive fouls and orangefield was called for 1.  The real issue should be how certain coaches of certain skin color aren't responsible for controlling their fans.  As a supporter of Kids and anyone trying to help kids I think Coach Rideaux is doing an amazing job with a school who was 3-27 last year an 49-189 the past 10 seasons.  How about we start addressing the issue of racism wait we cant do that because the ones that are spewing negativity on this man are obviously guilty of it.  My advice to coach Rideaux is to continue to coach your team and help build young men.  I guess some of you have never seen success in sports so "almost" is good enough for yall.  I applaud Coach Rideaux for demanding excellence from his kids on the floor and in the classroom.   Oh by the way he has won more games this year than any coach in the history of the school and its not even christmas.  He is obviously doing something right. 

Finally we get to the root of the problem !!!

27 minutes ago, SETXSPORTSGUY409 said:

I personally know a coach who won way more than 11 games in a season at Hamshire-Fannett.

If you are going to post "the facts", then make sure you do your due diligence.

I always have believed there are three sides to every story. The exact truth normally lies in the middle.

THE FACTS ARE ON MAX PREPS HOW ABOUT YOU GO LOOK.  MY SON PLAYS FOR HF THIS YEAR AND WE LOOKED UP RECORDS FROM 09-19 THEY GO AS FOLLOW

2-10

5-10

12-14

7-19

4-19

9-22

3-24

4-22

1-33

3-27

SO MAYBE THIS COACHED WAS THERE BEFORE 10 YEARS AGO SO MY APOLOGIES FOR MISSPEAKING BUT IT SEEMS THAT YALL HATE TO SEE A YOUNG BLACK MAN HAVE SUCCESS.  BUT LIKE COACH TOLD ALL OF HIS BOYS BEFORE THE YEAR THE THEME WOULD BE TO "BLOCK OUT THE NOISE".  HE TOLD THEM THAT THERE WOULD BE MANY PEOPLE GUNNING FOR HIM AND TO BE PREPARED FOR IT. BOY WAS HE RIGHT!!!

42 minutes ago, SETXSPORTSGUY409 said:

I noticed that you are new (2 post)

race card thrown ---- everything he did "wrong" was called because of his skin color and sister??

sounds like a mid 70s rant.  

8 minutes ago, SETXSPORTSGUY409 said:

THE FACTS ARE ON MAX PREPS HOW ABOUT YOU GO LOOK.  MY SON PLAYS FOR HF THIS YEAR AND WE LOOKED UP RECORDS FROM 09-19 THEY GO AS FOLLOW

2-10

5-10

12-14

7-19

4-19

9-22

3-24

4-22

1-33

3-27

SO MAYBE THIS COACHED WAS THERE BEFORE 10 YEARS AGO SO MY APOLOGIES FOR MISSPEAKING BUT IT SEEMS THAT YALL HATE TO SEE A YOUNG BLACK MAN HAVE SUCCESS.  BUT LIKE COACH TOLD ALL OF HIS BOYS BEFORE THE YEAR THE THEME WOULD BE TO "BLOCK OUT THE NOISE".  HE TOLD THEM THAT THERE WOULD BE MANY PEOPLE GUNNING FOR HIM AND TO BE PREPARED FOR IT. BOY WAS HE RIGHT!!!

Getting records off of Maxpreps is your first mistake. They are sometimes very inaccurate. I mean, do you honestly believe that Hamshire-Fannett on played 12 games in a season? (2-10) You said "history". That is more than 10 years.

I don't have anything against a young black man having success. You obviously do not know me very well.

Also, there is no shouting (all caps) in these forums.

Also, not good to misrepresent yourself when spewing these "facts".

28 minutes ago, Whoa said:

I noticed that you are new (2 post)

race card thrown ---- everything he did "wrong" was called because of his skin color and sister??

sounds like a mid 70s rant.  

Guess we know the first hit dog to holler!!!!!!( you probably think he shouldn’t be in a certain neighborhood eating some skittles,drinking a pop & wearing a hoodie either ) #LifeIsABunchOfDays 

21 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Getting records off of Maxpreps is your first mistake. They are sometimes very inaccurate. I mean, do you honestly believe that Hamshire-Fannett on played 12 games in a season? (2-10) You said "history". That is more than 10 years.

I don't have anything against a young black man having success. You obviously do not know me very well.

Also, there is no shouting (all caps) in these forums.

Also, not good to misrepresent yourself when spewing these "facts".

AAW come on man does is matter fact is they having a losing history and havent won in many of moons. The culture is changing certain ppl dont like it . This tells its cool have him there but he isnt invited to dinner. 

1 hour ago, SETXSPORTSGUY409 said:

Oh by the way he has won more games this year than any coach in the history of the school and its not even Christmas.  He is obviously doing something right. 

16 hours ago, TheTruth34 said:

Even if “it doesn’t get any better”, HF basketball is 11-3 and from what it seems like up close, all of his players love him. It really doesn’t seem like it has to get much better. 

45 minutes ago, SETXSPORTSGUY409 said:

2-10

5-10

12-14

7-19

4-19

9-22

3-24

4-22

1-33

3-27

Hmmm...

Even without the complete seasons, your "facts" are off in your own post.

25 minutes ago, Mamba said:

AAW come on man does is matter fact is they having a losing history and havent won in many of moons. The culture is changing certain ppl dont like it . This tells its cool have him there but he isnt invited to dinner. 

I know exactly how bad H-F basketball has been in recent years.

You speak of this "culture" change but at what costs? Is the changes being made done correctly?

I don't get involved with the racial aspect of these situations because they mostly are a bunch of bs. I think it's most times a weak play.

8 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I know exactly how bad H-F basketball has been in recent years.

You speak of this "culture" change but at what costs? Is the changes being made done correctly?

I don't get involved with the racial aspect of these situations because they mostly are a bunch of bs. I think it's most times a weak play.

So whats being done incorrectly? Any hardcore facts or we going by whats you’ve heard . Remember AAW I know all the kids in question and where they live dont join the angry mob you’re better than that .

1 hour ago, SETXSPORTSGUY409 said:

I heard these rumors as well but I was not at the game so I can’t confirm. The only thing I do know is the effort Coach Rideaux puts in behind the scenes. His coaching technique can be blunt at times but he treats his players like children of his own. I can almost guarantee that if any of the HF players needed anything, Coach Rideaux would be the first person they would call. He has helped several kids get into college whether it was at Central, Lumberton, or with an AAU team in the summer. He takes care of his players on and off the court. I’ve seen first hand how his players at HF gravitate towards him off the court. He is a role model to his players and a great one at that. It is okay to question his coaching methods but if anyone questions his character, he or she does not know Coach Rideaux very well.

1 minute ago, Mamba said:

So whats being done incorrectly? Any hardcore facts or we going by whats you’ve heard . Remember AAW I know all the kids in question and where they live dont join the angry mob you’re better than that .

My info of residency actually came from an H-F admin. All I know.