Silsbee Vs Wimberley

Who That

7 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Really concerned about all the Tiger injuries on defense. Hope it doesn't catch up with us eventually.

Last year Cuero had a kid that won the state title almost all by himself against Pleasant Groove. Hopefully Wimberley doesn't have anyone like that on offense.

They don't. There is no one in 4A close to Whittington's talent this year. 

7 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

He may have defeated PG by himself, but he didn’t really go off against silsbee.

Correct. I watched both games. Silsbee was a tougher opponent for Cuero than PG was. I still say if  Silsbee would have play selected more runs to the outside and fewer between the tackles, they had a legitimate chance to win against Cuero. PG was not going to win their game. This year, go win the dang thing! Silsbee, you have what it takes to win this. 

Don’t take the Texans lightly they have a good team. The key is their QB when he’s on look out and he can scramble to pick up yards too. I believe the reason they lost to Navarro is he went down to an injury they were up 14-0 and it was all downhill from there. Cuero beat them using the qb draw they had no answer but at the end of the season we started figuring things out with our young team so don’t let the Cuero w/l record fool you we were legit at the end of the season and beat them head up. If the weather is good I see Wimberley winning by 7-14 points but if the weather is affecting the passing game I see Silsbee taking this on by the same amount . 

2 hours ago, GMGKSA said:

Don’t take the Texans lightly they have a good team. The key is their QB when he’s on look out and he can scramble to pick up yards too. I believe the reason they lost to Navarro is he went down to an injury they were up 14-0 and it was all downhill from there. Cuero beat them using the qb draw they had no answer but at the end of the season we started figuring things out with our young team so don’t let the Cuero w/l record fool you we were legit at the end of the season and beat them head up. If the weather is good I see Wimberley winning by 7-14 points but if the weather is affecting the passing game I see Silsbee taking this on by the same amount . 

Silsbee gets no respect!!! 

2 hours ago, GMGKSA said:

No one from Silsbee is taking Wimberley lightly.

Question is, is Wimberley taking Silsbee lightly?

Of course, another weather bit.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

My guess, the slow starts.  Folks forgetting that Silsbee played a tough pre-district schedule.  But peaking at playoff time - Priceless!

They need to quit looking at the beginning so hard and start looking at the finished product. I mean who wouldn't take some losses at the beginning of the year and wind up with a State Championship.

4 minutes ago, EAGLEFOREVER said:

They need to quit looking at the beginning so hard and start looking at the finished product. I mean who wouldn't take some losses at the beginning of the year and wind up with a State Championship.

Could Wimberly be 11-3 if they played PNG? Newton? Nederland? WOS twice??

1 minute ago, BADSANTA said:

Could Wimberly be 11-3 if they played PNG? Newton? Nederland? WOS twice??

It's possible, and everybody has to remember teams get better as the year goes on. I mean I could be wrong, but it looked like there might have been some player changes. to me looked different than when they played Newton. Where there any changes in players?

Give me a young and hungry team like Silsbee any day the tigers felt they should have beat Cuero last that fumble at the Cuero 30 late in the game ended their chance to go to the title game could have been the game winning score Silsbee hasn’t forgotten about that now that they are here again i say Silsbee will be very hard to beat they are not even thinking about Greenwood or PG or going to Jerry’s World for the first time Tigers are focused on the Texans plus it helps that they played at Legacy stadium last year the hey are very familiar with that Beautiful Stadium.

On 12/7/2019 at 11:04 AM, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee has improved vs the pass. Hopefully we stay aggressive and put pressure on the QB. 

Giddings was beating them late into the 4th quarter but giddings still had their starting qb. If y’all are aggressive and put pressure on the wimberly qb he makes bad decisions and inaccurate throws. He has a pretty good arm and running wise he’s not the greatest runner but he will run it. Y’all will be the most athletic speedy team but they do have a couple of good receivers and 1 player that might be the fastest in the field. 

42 minutes ago, MBaller#1 said:

Give me a young and hungry team like Silsbee any day the tigers felt they should have beat Cuero last that fumble at the Cuero 30 late in the game ended their chance to go to the title game could have been the game winning score Silsbee hasn’t forgotten about that now that they are here again i say Silsbee will be very hard to beat they are not even thinking about Greenwood or PG or going to Jerry’s World for the first time Tigers are focused on the Texans plus it helps that they played at Legacy stadium last year the hey are very familiar with that Beautiful Stadium.

Don’t forget the only reason Silsbee was back in the game was Cuero turnovers so it goes both ways... the better team won 

7 hours ago, Footballfan77 said:

Giddings was beating them late into the 4th quarter but giddings still had their starting qb. If y’all are aggressive and put pressure on the wimberly qb he makes bad decisions and inaccurate throws. He has a pretty good arm and running wise he’s not the greatest runner but he will run it. Y’all will be the most athletic speedy team but they do have a couple of good receivers and 1 player that might be the fastest in the field. 

We might limit them, it could happen, but I doubt it after looking at the highlight reels.  I'm afraid it's going to be a McCollum to Marshall nightmare all game long.  There was one touchdown pass when the defender is practically hanging on Marshall and he still makes the catch for a 21 yard touchdown.  Ya'll have probably all seen it.  Man!  

We're not going to get any pressure on the QB, that's a pipe dream.  He'll drop back 15 yards if necessary.  We may get a coverage sack or two but our defensive front is a bit hobbled anyway.  I say just make sure they don't get many running yards to go with the 250 to 300 yards passing they will get.  And for goodness sake guys keep them in front of you.  We've got to limit the run after catch.  Most of receivers (Marshall) aren't terribly fast and they don't have running moves, they just run the route and catch the ball, which is all you have to do in high school to have success.  So when they do make the receptions make sure we're in a position to tackle them right away.  And that means being aware of the downfield blocking and the picks and fighting through for the stop.

But it's okay, we'll make it a Taylor/Martin nightmare for them And then if they get 300 yards passing make sure we get 350 running.  I think we can.