Silsbee Vs Wimberley

Who That

5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Those O-line splits are like Texas Tech back when Mike Leach was there.

2 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Yep and it was hard to touch their QB. I watched the Fredericksburg game and I dont know how much speed they have played this year. They are 11-3 so someone has figured out how to get thru those splits. I think 9-4 has played alot better appointments than 11-3. That was a impressive win vs Narvarro who runs the slot-T and getting payback like Silsbee over WOS. 

One thing you have to keep in mind that you mention is that they play no one with the speed anywhere close to what Silsbee will bring to the table. They havent seen it and they cant duplicate it in practice. Silsbee just needs to.make every possession count and know they are going to score some, too. And when they do, not to panick. Get some stops and score when you do.

21 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Whoo I'm rooting for you Tigers. Just trying to decide if I am going to the game or, staying home to watch Spring Westfield on Texan Live. They are playing lights out these days. Just a side note to the Tigers # 29 stop the trash talking you don't need it, give the ball to #4 he will do his thing.

That game, there was barking going on both ways. #  29 is usually one of the Tigers with a cool demeanor.  Not worried about him getting unraveled in this game vs. WImberley....

2 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I guess we'll find out soon. Enough the injury status of those two so

Silsbee defensive players. Need all hands on deck. Defense needs to play a whole game like they did 4th quarter Vs. WO-S...

Been a bad year for torn ACL 's , four defensive starters so far this year. I think one just had surgery, one is scheduled, one is gonna try and play, if not this week , the next, and the last one is waiting for MRI, don't see him playing this week though?  You would think with the new rules knee injuries wouldnt be so bad, but its really hit hard. Just think if these kids were healthy and Tarver hadnt jumped in the creek and broke his foot, at the begining of the season, this would be a darn good defense right now.

If Silsbee gets more passing yards than Wimberly gets running yards then the Tigers will win.  And visa versa.

I really don't think Wimberly can stop Silsbee's running any better than Silsbee can stop Wimberly's passing.  The difference has to come from somewhere.  So....

I predict that Silsbee WILL get those passing yards and will win the game.

Just now, Tigers94 said:

Really concerned about all the Tiger injuries on defense. Hope it doesn't catch up with us eventually.

Last year Cuero had a kid that won the state title almost all by himself against Pleasant Groove. Hopefully Wimberley doesn't have anyone like that on offense.

They don't but they have a very good offense. Will probably be the biggest test for our defense so far this season.

6 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Really concerned about all the Tiger injuries on defense. Hope it doesn't catch up with us eventually.

Last year Cuero had a kid that won the state title almost all by himself against Pleasant Groove. Hopefully Wimberley doesn't have anyone like that on offense.

He may have defeated PG by himself, but he didn’t really go off against silsbee.

5 hours ago, Gasilla said:

Yes, same guy. 

I saw where some folks werent sure about their history and semi final games with WOS. Wimberley also won state in 2005. That was the yr they beat WOS in the semis. They beat Coldspring in 2011 when they won it. WOS beat them in the semis in 2017.

Weldon Nelms was the coach on 05 and 2011 current coach is Doug Warren who was the OC when they won in 2011.

17 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Well, , not on offense, but definitely on defense and special teams.... Overall, he did go off...

Can’t remember the special teams part,  but I do remember thinking we did a real good job limiting him on offense.  As far as defense well not much you can do there.  Now with that being said offensively he took it on himself and took over on their last scoring drive.

5 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Can’t remember the special teams part,  but I do remember thinking we did a real good job limiting him on offense.  As far as defense well not much you can do there.  Now with that being said offensively he took it on himself and took over on their last scoring drive.

I believe he blocked a few of those extra point attempts and he made several key tackles on plays that has paydirt written on them...

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

They don't but they have a very good offense. Will probably be the biggest test for our defense so far this season.

Agree but I just seen a person from Giddings comment that they have played Silsbee and Wimberly and would give the nod to Silsbee by at least 10. We shall see for sho come Friday.